Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:53:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unlucky  (Read 2384 times)

Nick Chippendale

Unlucky
« on October 02, 2018, 09:57:58 pm by Nick Chippendale »
How you guys didn't get anything from that i dont know, we were shocking and didn't deserve 1 point nevermind all 3, good luck for rest of season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Unlucky
« Reply #1 on October 03, 2018, 07:53:51 am by GazLaz »
You must have been watching a different game to me, I thought Stanley deserved at least a point.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 03, 2018, 08:04:52 am by Pancho Regan »
It's funny how we see games differently because I thought Stanley were much better than us on the night and deserved their win.
We just never got started until mid-way through the second half, and we gave the ball away far too much.

At 85 minutes I said to my brother that I'd be happy to hold onto the point, which of course was tempting fate wasn't it?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2018, 08:07:30 am by GazLaz »
We looked lively in patches, I thought both teams pressed pretty well at times as well. They made it hard for us to play. They also got to grips with Kane as the game went on which stifled us a bit.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2018, 08:30:03 am by Donnywolf »
Keepr took forever with every Kick and ironicall "made" the Winner with a hooked Goal Kick towards the Dug Outs. Looking at it on Telly just now I wondered just how it stayed in - but hey the ever dependable Match Officials ruled that it didnt

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2018, 08:57:48 am by wing commander »
  One of those wasn't it..While we didn't play well a lot of that was down to them identifying our strong points and snuffing them out..Malik had his weakest game yet for us but he's a young lad and that will happen..Copps was far from his best too,So as Gaz says,once they got to grips with Kane we struggled..

GM says tiredness wasn't a issue,but weve had a lot of time on the bus in the last couple of days and it cant help..Not to worry,day off and then we go again for Saturday..

Big shout out for our travelling support last night,over 500 for a midweek away game was a damm good effort

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 03, 2018, 09:00:39 am by GazLaz »
Coppinger and Malik were both very poor which didn’t help. This was mainly due to the fact they kept getting on the ball but in the wrong areas of the pitch in fairness to them.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2018, 09:17:48 am by graingrover »
They knew Mallik well and smothered him whenever he was in possession .Copps too was rushed out of his game by close attention .Mason gets better and better and he and Joe Wright were the only ones who were able to produce a top performance.
With Mallik being 'out' of the game JM had to resort to the game he played last season mainly running the channels in search of the ball.
Credit to the opposition for blunting our performance in that way.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 03, 2018, 09:56:31 am by the vicar »
We played much better when May came on.  After the game quit a few people were saying they thought Mason was rubbish but I think it was one of his better games

Nick Chippendale

« Reply #9 on October 03, 2018, 09:58:09 am by Nick Chippendale »
We know how weak malik is, we know any pressure or defender been tight too him he will struggle

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 03, 2018, 10:04:19 am by RedJ »
Danny Andrew was shite last night I thought.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 03, 2018, 10:15:40 am by GazLaz »
Danny Andrew was shite last night I thought.

The lad we was on the right for them had a good game and gave him a torrid time.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2018, 10:29:31 am by Filo »
We played much better when May came on.  After the game quit a few people were saying they thought Mason was rubbish but I think it was one of his better games

Some people go to football that have n't got a clue about the game

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2018, 10:38:47 am by the vicar »
Are you on about what I said about May or the others about Mason lol

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2018, 10:49:50 am by bobbymax »
Just seen the highlights - the header that led to the goal looked suspiciously out of play but Butler not strong enough after.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2018, 10:53:13 am by Filo »
Are you on about what I said about May or the others about Mason lol

I'm on about people in general, there a folk go to the football that have n't got a clue about the game

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 03, 2018, 11:55:02 am by the vicar »
Ok so what have I said that says I don't loo

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 03, 2018, 12:21:30 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
I would first like to comment on the quality of the referee'ing, abysmal doesn't cover it. We got chuff all off that ref, which don't think helped the flow of the game.

First half was dire. Took Rovers about 15/20 minutes to get into the second half, then the flow of the game changed and it started to get more enjoyable to watch all of a sudden. Marosi kept us in that game last night, many very good saves with a combination of Stanley just being very unlucky not to score more. They had their free kick from the edge of the box off the woodwork, and the proceeding rebound off it too.

Accrington were a very awkward side for us to play, there's more difficult teams we will play this season, but we certainly never played like we were 3rd in the table.

The way the game was going towards the end, it had 1 goal written all over it, but was hard to judge who would nick it. Unfortunately, it was them. The defending for the goal was awful, something which we need to learn a lesson on.

Not going to give every player a review.
Wilks never got upto much.
I will credit Alfie May for his work ethic - works his b*llocks off but he ain't good enough for this league, should have dropped the hero act of trying to mark Stanleys biggest player because he's pissing in the wind.]
Copps not really in the game last night.
Kane and Butler had good games.
Marosi, outstanding and my MoM.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 03, 2018, 12:52:35 pm by mushRTID »
Did my ears deceive me or did their keeper get awarded their MOTM??

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 03, 2018, 12:57:39 pm by GazLaz »
Did my ears deceive me or did their keeper get awarded their MOTM??

Yes he did. Strange.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012