Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:21:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Christmas Present  (Read 2212 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
The Christmas Present
« on December 10, 2012, 11:58:49 am by CusworthRovers »
In the words of those famous sages 'Terry n Arfur'......What am I going to get for er indoors.

Clothes always always get taken back
No smellies required, she says
don't get me chocolate or anything to drink, she says
I don't need any jewellery, she says

I think I can get her a Pandora charm (but that'll be from the kids)............but after that, I'm really struggling. Any ideas?

In anticipation

CR

Ps She's on about going to buy an iPad for us both, but I still have to buy her something. Also for you Computer bods out there, is an iPad the way forward or is there something else on the market

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: The Christmas Present
« Reply #1 on December 10, 2012, 02:02:52 pm by RedJ »
Gift vouchers an option?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 10, 2012, 03:45:58 pm by CusworthRovers »
Always an option matey, but I can see the look on her face, when she see's how much thought's gone into that

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 10, 2012, 03:50:12 pm by RedJ »
I'd go for a few gift vouchers in the cards (if you do that) and maybe a few DVDs or something of the sort?

Cheap weekend in Blackpool never goes amiss :thumbsup:

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 10, 2012, 04:57:28 pm by bigbadjack »
Yeah I'd go for the book a night away deal, i am, everyone's a winner

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 10, 2012, 06:34:03 pm by Filo »
Get her a case for the ipad  :thumbsup:

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 10, 2012, 06:58:26 pm by jucyberry »
Get a nice sized box, not overly big, get 13 pretty cards and in your best handwriting write some promises..IE. a trip to the cinema, a massage, breakfast in bed ect, use your imagination..

On the last and prettiest card tell her how much you love her, how every xmas with her is a gift and that your gift to her is you spoiling her one day a month until next xmas...

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 10, 2012, 07:19:24 pm by redwine »
With Cussie's imagination I shudder to think of what will be on the cards

lol

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 10, 2012, 07:25:06 pm by Donnywolf »
BH2

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 10, 2012, 07:33:13 pm by Donnywolf »
In the words of those famous sages 'Terry n Arfur'......What am I going to get for er indoors.

Clothes always always get taken back
No smellies required, she says
don't get me chocolate or anything to drink, she says
I don't need any jewellery, she says

I think I can get her a Pandora charm (but that'll be from the kids)............but after that, I'm really struggling. Any ideas?

In anticipation

CR

Ps She's on about going to buy an iPad for us both, but I still have to buy her something. Also for you Computer bods out there, is an iPad the way forward or is there something else on the market

There is now the I Pad Mini in the tablet markt at just over 200 notes but of course the price escalates the more Gb you get

Trouble is with these it is what people need from them. Personally I just got a Kindle Fire HD 32Gb for 199 and for me it does just what I want but was panned in the early reviews because it did not have this that or the other so in truth you probably need to work out exactly what you want and then buy it ....

.... and with the money you may save if you get a Google Nexus or Samsung Galaxy take Mrs CR to Sheffield Dogs one night. Restaurant front row seat on a Saturday night (make sure Rovers are away somewhere you dont want to go) and you get a great night out and a nice meal  !

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 10, 2012, 08:13:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Our lass asked me for summet really useful, so I got her this;

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 10, 2012, 11:55:28 pm by Sandy Lane »
Even though she didn't want jewelry, a lovely heart on a necklace or something may be nice!
Stuff for the Ipad is always fun, a case, and if you have iphones a car charger is a must for long trips.
Go shopping with her when she goes shopping for the families' presents and if you listen, she'll probably see something she likes, so take note of it and then go back and get it!  She'll be so impressed!

Edit:  just thought of one I got recently on a trip to London.  It's a Christmas pin for my coat  from Butler and Wilson, and they do mail order.

http://www.butlerandwilson.co.uk/  I got the Gingerbread man - looks fab with a red scarf to pick up the red buttons!

http://www.butlerandwilson.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=resized%2FLarge_Crystal_Gi_505a0cca71f30_156x156.jpg&newxsize=156&newysize=156&fileout=
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:21:38 am by Sandy Lane »

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 11, 2012, 02:41:46 pm by CusworthRovers »
Get a nice sized box, not overly big, get 13 pretty cards and in your best handwriting write some promises..IE. a trip to the cinema, a massage, breakfast in bed ect, use your imagination..

On the last and prettiest card tell her how much you love her, how every xmas with her is a gift and that your gift to her is you spoiling her one day a month until next xmas...

Sweet Jesus Deborah, you've been reading too many Mills and Boon books or 'Take a Breaks'. Your fella has his work cut out, if he's got to live up to that. I'd fall foul on the handwriting, as mine resembles the rapid escape of an ink bellied serpent over an extremely large piece of paper. I have to admit, what you propose does sound romantic and sweet and right up there next to the 'anal intruder' I had in mind.

.... and with the money you may save if you get a Google Nexus or Samsung Galaxy take Mrs CR to Sheffield Dogs one night. Restaurant front row seat on a Saturday night (make sure Rovers are away somewhere you dont want to go) and you get a great night out and a nice meal  !

With all your annual Bah Humbugs, I think you should change your moniker to Ebeneezer Wolf at this time of year. Is the Nexus and Galaxy a good bit of kit then?

As for Bentley's, I think the first lambs are usually around Feb aren't they. That's what Mrs CR would need, at least 2 ie one in each hand.

And Sandy, agreed a nice necklace was something I was thinking of. I'm not sure she's mentioned anything re wanting one, but I'm hoping she likes Pearls.
That said, that Butler and Wilson is novel and I'm going to look into that

Cheers team   

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 11, 2012, 03:13:37 pm by Donnywolf »
Glad to be of some help .... I should have included the Kindle Fire which I think is great

My point was though if you buy any of the Tablets Fire Nexus or Galaxy you will save enough for a Sheffield (or Kinsley***) Dogs

*** Reckons to be bang on but I have not been yet so maybe we may get an opinion on it later from our much travelled Forumites

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 11, 2012, 04:16:05 pm by jucyberry »

Sweet Jesus Deborah, you've been reading too many Mills and Boon books or 'Take a Breaks'. Your fella has his work cut out, if he's got to live up to that. I'd fall foul on the handwriting, as mine resembles the rapid escape of an ink bellied serpent over an extremely large piece of paper. I have to admit, what you propose does sound romantic and sweet and right up there next to the 'anal intruder' I had in mind.

With all your annual Bah Humbugs, I think you should change your moniker to Ebeneezer Wolf at this time of year. Is the Nexus and Galaxy a good bit of kit then?

As for Bentley's, I think the first lambs are usually around Feb aren't they. That's what Mrs CR would need, at least 2 ie one in each hand.

And Sandy, agreed a nice necklace was something I was thinking of. I'm not sure she's mentioned anything re wanting one, but I'm hoping she likes Pearls.
That said, that Butler and Wilson is novel and I'm going to look into that

Cheers team   

Lol, I just liked the idea that it give the most precious thing, time.. Something that is sometimes hard to find when the kids are young...(and it's cheap) somethig to appeal to any careful Yorkshireman....It should earn you plenty of brownie points and a darned good xmas nekkid snuggle too I'd think..

At the end of the day as long as it is chosen with love I'm betting she will love anything you get her.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 11, 2012, 05:17:14 pm by colin cramb »
so you have to get her some great gift but she's getting you an i-pad for "both of us" sounds like that time homer simpson got marge a  ten pin bowling ball for christmas!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012