Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:02:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Peterborough  (Read 10684 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Peterborough
« Reply #60 on June 03, 2019, 10:47:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
If there’s one thing you can’t question of Peterborough, it’s their ambition. However, whether that ambition is used properly is more than questionable.
Who knows how they’ll do next season?  Certainly I don’t,  but they do appear to be having another attempt at overhauling us!
5 signed already, but, like us, they did lose a few as well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 04, 2019, 06:57:59 am by dickos1 »
Still a good enough reason to expect them to do well this season which was the question asked
The subject is supposed to be Peterborough not Oxford.  :facepalm:

Someone asked why oxford were fancied to do well did they not?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 04, 2019, 07:40:26 am by since-1969 »
I was gutted when we lost to Charlton and particularly in they way lost after playing the 5 x , but now when I think of what the coming season could bring , with a great local derby with Rotherham, another visit  of the Mackems  and now what is becoming a return season greater than an episode of Starwars , is playing Peterborough with its cast of Villains .  It’s got to be worth the cost of my season ticket on its own . What odds we get them in the cup!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:13:44 am by since-1969 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 04, 2019, 08:05:14 am by drfchound »
I was gutted when we lost to Charlton and particularly in they way lost after playing the 5 x , but now when I think of what the coming season could bring , with a great local derby with Rotherham, another visit  of the Mackers and now what is becoming a return season greater than an episode of Starwars , is playing Peterborough with its cast of Villains .  It’s got to be worth the cost of my season ticket on its own . What odds we get them in the cup!

Somewhere around 78/1 if you are talking about round one I guess.

donyderek

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 04, 2019, 06:07:33 pm by donyderek »
Hang on a minute guys  fergy has at least been posative, and is building on last years success, bit different from us  letting Butler, Rowe go after losing Kane Downing and Wilks,  then super Mcann speaks of letting Marquis go. Looks like were on a cost cutting exercise. So much for sustained championship side.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 04, 2019, 06:43:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Hang on a minute guys  fergy has at least been posative, and is building on last years success, bit different from us  letting Butler, Rowe go after losing Kane Downing and Wilks,  then super Mcann speaks of letting Marquis go. Looks like were on a cost cutting exercise. So much for sustained championship side.

wow

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 04, 2019, 06:59:32 pm by Bollinger »

'kin 'ell.

Son of Raggytash?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 04, 2019, 07:04:40 pm by Chris Black come back »

Ayup dickos1 why the name change?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 04, 2019, 07:38:50 pm by dickos1 »

Ayup dickos1 why the name change?

Pretty sure if you look through my 1000 posts or whatever it is you’ll find no criticism of any manager we’ve had nor the board.

You’re a Very odd man

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 04, 2019, 09:07:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Tell me how we are supposed to keep players who were on loan if the parent club want them back or loan them to a club in a higher division.
In the case of Rowe if he is asking for wages which are not within the budget do you seriously think the club should pay up.
In the case of Marquis he is only going if the price is right. We can’t keep a player from leaving to go to a higher league. ( subject to price )
You are quite frankly talking a load of tosh, even though you unfortunately are of course entitled to having an opinion.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:24:56 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 04, 2019, 09:17:14 pm by drfchound »

Peterborough have transfer listed five players, released four more and sent six players they had on loan back to their parent clubs.
Probably no different really to most clubs in L1.

Would you be happy if we had splashed a seven figure fee on a player who hasn’t much of a good history, except perhaps in L2.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 04, 2019, 09:35:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
bUt We HaVeN't SiGnEd AnYoNe fOr AnY MoNeY

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 04, 2019, 10:04:45 pm by drfchound »

Yet.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 04, 2019, 10:13:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why do people have this obsession with transfer fees? Its a totally different market nowadays.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 04, 2019, 10:19:50 pm by silent majority »

We're not on a cost cutting exercise, that I can guarantee.

The club will spend as much as is necessary to compete in the top 6.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 04, 2019, 10:30:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
If anything I would imagine the signings this summer will be the best we have seen for many a year. McCann has said he wants a much smaller squad so we are talking here about fewer and more expensive signings - if he spends his budget that is of course.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 04, 2019, 11:07:12 pm by NewDonny »

So what, it doesn't work like that anymore, a manager has so many more options ow than simply having to always pay money for someone.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 04, 2019, 11:22:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
We paid money for Justin Jackson.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 05, 2019, 01:24:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »

So what, it doesn't work like that anymore, a manager has so many more options ow than simply having to always pay money for someone.

I believe he was joking x

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 05, 2019, 07:22:51 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

I believe he was joking x

Yeah, he was 100% joking.

That style of writing with the mixed font is a new fad on Twitter.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 06, 2019, 02:01:31 am by RoversAlias »
It's one of the Spongebob memes, isn't it?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 06, 2019, 12:37:53 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
It's one of the Spongebob memes, isn't it?

That's the one!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012