Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:51:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Humey spittin dummy out.  (Read 6049 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Humey spittin dummy out.
« Reply #30 on April 13, 2013, 09:16:34 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
No probs BST, but I can assure you it wasn't me.

I was sat/stood with my dad about 20 yards towards the railway end and close to the back.  I did encourage Cotts to tackle back etc, but only at the moments when I thought he needed to.  Indeed, I remarked to my dad about how disinterested Cotts can look, then soon after puts over a cross begging to be put away.

I can understand that some players don't have Cotts' abilities for set pieces, his shooting etc, I just wish he also had the same work ethic as some of the others.  Can't have everything though can we?

I love these debates!

Its not about running around like a headless chicken is it?

Too many athletes in the game.

Cotts has no case to answer and we are lucky to have him see assists and goals.

What do you expect for league one level? Messi!!!!!

Not at all Norfolk.  I don't expect Cotts would change his style and I am delighted with what he has brought to the club - it was wishful thinking that he could play (or perhaps appear to play) with his heart on his sleeve.

BST - all sorted now, so none taken..

Good point about the yellows Exiled.

Since Bennett has added more industry people seem to be saying he is playing well?

I couldnt agree less as his forward play is not affecting the game and his crossing remains awful!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:18:36 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 13, 2013, 09:21:04 pm by IDM »
Is Bennett turning into another potential full back?

What we had today, from ALL the players, was positivity going forward that stopped at the edge of the penalty area on Tuesday....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 13, 2013, 09:29:31 pm by RedJ »

I was sat/stood with my dad about 20 yards towards the railway end and close to the back.  I did encourage Cotts to tackle back etc, but only at the moments when I thought he needed to.  Indeed, I remarked to my dad about how disinterested Cotts can look, then soon after puts over a cross begging to be put away.

I can understand that some players don't have Cotts' abilities for set pieces, his shooting etc, I just wish he also had the same work ethic as some of the others.  Can't have everything though can we?

I love these debates!

Not at all Norfolk.  I don't expect Cotts would change his style and I am delighted with what he has brought to the club - it was wishful thinking that he could play (or perhaps appear to play) with his heart on his sleeve.

Since Bennett has added more industry people seem to be saying he is playing well?

I couldnt agree less as his forward play is not affecting the game and his crossing remains awful!

So you finally agree he's shit?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 13, 2013, 09:35:51 pm by BigH »
Having thought about it, I think that Cotts may have suffered today from a lack of support from RB down to Quinn/Griffin's absence. Husband's been thrown in and it's a bit much to expect that the two are going to create some magical understanding instantly. Cotts was having to come deeper than normal and you're hardly going to shine if you've got to make up 30 yards just to be in the zone.

For Hume it was just one of those days where nothing went for him: the ball bounced erratically, one touch too many, the lob over the keeper didn't come off etc.

Lundstram overcomplicated it at times but he's young and he'll learn.

Other than that, I thought everyone did well.

It was a bit frustrating because we huffed and puffed without really carving them open. That said, I thought Furman - who's turning into a bit of a legend for me - was the victim of a marginal offiside when he put the ball in the net. Would like to see that again.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 13, 2013, 10:00:18 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm amazed, for a so-called defensive midfielder who can only pass it sideways (according to the Oldham fans) just how good Furman is going forward actually. He's hit the woodwork, what, 3 times in games already, was denied by a stunning save on his debut v Pompey and had one rubbed out for offside today. Looked very close but then again I didn't have the best angle. He's due a goal in the next couple of games I think!

Also massive credit to him still sticking his head in where it hurts even after having it split open in the 1st half.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 13, 2013, 10:05:05 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I love these debates!

He is hugely regressing in terms of forward play.

He no longer beats players and he is very predictable with this constantly drifting inside!

At very best he is now a second forward and certainly not a winger!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 13, 2013, 10:06:09 pm by RedJ »

I love these debates!

He no longer beats players and he is very predictable with this constantly drifting inside!

So he does f**k all and adds nothing to the team.

What I've been saying for a very long time.

Mattwak3

« Reply #37 on April 13, 2013, 10:07:03 pm by Mattwak3 »
I'm amazed, for a so-called defensive midfielder who can only pass it sideways (according to the Oldham fans) just how good Furman is going forward actually. He's hit the woodwork, what, 3 times in games already, was denied by a stunning save on his debut v Pompey and had one rubbed out for offside today. Looked very close but then again I didn't have the best angle. He's due a goal in the next couple of games I think!

Also massive credit to him still sticking his head in where it hurts even after having it split open in the 1st half.

Completely agree. Great signing he's turned out to be, fitted perfectly into the team from his first match. Oldham fans are deluded still saying that he's a bad player

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 13, 2013, 10:14:38 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I love these debates!

So he does f*** all and adds nothing to the team.

to be fair in the championship on his day he was unplayable

but then again so was Andy Watson!

pubteam

« Reply #39 on April 13, 2013, 10:21:46 pm by pubteam »
Just watched Paynter's interview on Player (very good interview too), and Rob Staton asked him about Hume's reaction. Paynter said Hume was just disappointed that at 1-0 down we didn't keep all our strikers on the pitch.

Seems to me like a good thing rather than a bad thing. Shows Hume was desperate to stay out there and get a goal to get us back into it. No drama as far as I can see.

Paynter also answered the question very well over his not being selected recently. He said he was frustrated, but accepts the decisions the coaching staff make as they try to make the best decisions for the team. Thinks he's put his case forward in the right way with today's goals.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 13, 2013, 10:34:06 pm by silent majority »
I have to agree with BST and others about the condemnation of Cotts. Two guys sat in front of me abused him and others stood behind who kept abusing him within earshot. Shouts of 'come on earn your money' certainly didn't help!

I tried to reason with the two in front by suggesting his goals and assists made him, for us, the best player on the pitch, only to be told that because he gets that many crosses in he's bound to get lucky sooner or later! Explain that one for me!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 13, 2013, 10:42:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SM
Explain that one for me!

If it was the one I'm talking about, I'll explain it for you. He was a cock-end.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2013, 12:03:12 am by RobTheRover »
I've said it loads of times this season, we need that transporter thing from The Fly.  Stick Cotts and Copps in one pod and a reight toggerist will come out the other

GingaNinja

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 14, 2013, 09:25:42 am by GingaNinja »
Quote from: Norfolk N Chance link=topic=238809.msg328340#msg328340
date=1365884194

I love these debates!

A bit like Coppinger then...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 14, 2013, 10:09:52 am by IDM »
Copps shows the passion and determination lacking from Cotts' game, but Cotts has contributed more to our goals for column, including assists.

Mix the two, and we've got on hell of a player!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 14, 2013, 12:13:10 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: Norfolk N Chance link=topic=238809.msg328340#msg328340
date=1365884194

I love these debates!

A bit like Coppinger then...

Nobody can pull a falling ball out of the air like Coppinger, and if I'm not mistaken, he set up the first offside goal yesterday, just for one example of what he can add. And he can hold onto a ball for more than 2 minutes.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 14, 2013, 02:20:22 pm by ravenrover »
Don't forget the lovely piece of skill he produced 1st half to go clean through himself only for the lino to give Hume offside although it was Copps who went through on his own. It would be really stretching the point to say that Hume became active simply by running across the ball with out touching it, and leaving it to Copps to continue his run on goal. Having said all that Copps finish was poor, straight at the keeper.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012