Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:05:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just Back  (Read 3240 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Just Back
« on April 13, 2013, 08:14:49 pm by philsky »

No more no more; my old heart cant take it.

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Just Back
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2013, 08:22:30 pm by RobTheRover »
You do realise since the curse was lifted v Tranmere we only win when you are there, mate?

See you on Saturday!!!!!!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2013, 08:37:54 pm by MiKA »
A good day out today but boy does our team make us suffer   :chair:

Billy, if you're reading this  ................... you little beauty   :thumbsup:   

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2013, 08:39:46 pm by DaveDRFC »
How did Sully do today? Gutted that I'll more than likely never see him play for us again, I'm away for the last 2 games. Could be his experience plays a vital part in seeing us home though!

pubteam

« Reply #4 on April 13, 2013, 08:42:12 pm by pubteam »
How did Sully do today? Gutted that I'll more than likely never see him play for us again, I'm away for the last 2 games. Could be his experience plays a vital part in seeing us home though!

Did alright really. Don't think he stood a chance with the goal, and he did well to save a one-on-one chance in the first half.

Kicking was a bit dodgy 2nd half, but I don't think the wind was helping.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2013, 08:43:17 pm by normal rules »
sulli made a great save first half, commanded his box, kept the back 4 in check and could not be faulted for the goal. all you would want from a keeper really!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2013, 08:46:53 pm by The Red Baron »
sulli made a great save first half, commanded his box, kept the back 4 in check and could not be faulted for the goal. all you would want from a keeper really!

That first half save with his legs was top-drawer. Other than that he had little to do- he had no chance with the goal. He does move like he's much older than his 40-odd years though. I hope our steadfast refusal to bring in a younger and better 'keeper this season won't bite us on the backside.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2013, 08:47:01 pm by Northants Nomad »
I did fear for Rovers today when I saw Mr Philsky on that front row. However, I think we can all agree that the jinx is broken. See ya next week big man?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2013, 08:50:09 pm by IDM »
A couple of times today Sulli didn't come for a ball when we thought he should have, and he misplaced a few kicks that had it have been Woods he would have been slated on here after the game.  Otherwise, a decent enough performance.

Sulli did make a great save in the first half that somehow did not register as an attempt on target in their first half stats!

I liked his passion after the game in front of our supporters.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2013, 08:50:28 pm by Northants Nomad »

That first half save with his legs was top-drawer. Other than that he had little to do- he had no chance with the goal. He does move like he's much older than his 40-odd years though. I hope our steadfast refusal to bring in a younger and better 'keeper this season won't bite us on the backside.

Two points -
1) "He does move like he's much older than his 40-odd years though. " - really??! You think he moves like a 50+ year old? I don't agree.
2) "I hope our steadfast refusal to bring in a younger and better 'keeper this season " - did we really steadfastly refuse? Or was it actually the case that no such mythical creature ("younger and better keeper") existed/was available for loan/purchase? Who at the club told you that we were steadfastly refusing? Or is this more personal opinion dressed up as factual statements?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2013, 08:53:04 pm by MachoMadness »
Sully was solid today, did everything he had to do although he did look a bit laboured when he had to run around his box! Superb one on one save in the first half and did everything else without any fuss though, apart from one woeful goal kick in the 2nd half straight to their striker which put us under pressure. He absolutely has to keep his place now though, surely, night and day between him and Woods' recent performances.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2013, 08:55:05 pm by Northants Nomad »
Sully was solid today, did everything he had to do although he did look a bit laboured when he had to run around his box! Superb one on one save in the first half and did everything else without any fuss though, apart from one woeful goal kick in the 2nd half straight to their striker which put us under pressure. He absolutely has to keep his place now though, surely, night and day between him and Woods' recent performances.

I think the key is that the positional sense is better. Yes, he's slower but he's 2 yards ahead of Woods in positioning meaning angles are narrowed, he's 'making himself big' etc.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2013, 08:55:32 pm by hoolahoop »
I'm quite pleased that Philsky has now turned that corner with us ........take the barbed wire down fellas but he still needs watching just in case it's a false dawn. :)

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2013, 09:00:55 pm by philsky »
I'm quite pleased that Philsky has now turned that corner with us ........take the barbed wire down fellas but he still needs watching just in case it's a false dawn. :)

Im leaving the County game to you lot as I dont want to push it

See you for Brentford !

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2013, 09:08:08 pm by Northants Nomad »
Nooo....What do we want? Philsky In. When do we want it? Saturday!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 13, 2013, 09:14:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I'm a bit unsure about this one Phil has been a Jonah for more years than I care to remember   :P   "two or three swallows do not make a summer"

Lets still keep our options open  :rtid:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 13, 2013, 09:19:03 pm by hoolahoop »

I'm a bit unsure about this one Phil has been a Jonah for more years than I care to remember   :P   "two or three swallows do not make a summer"

We could always put him on a suspended sentence and if it goes wrong then the hit team goes in . i agree even one swallow can shit badly on you Daggers.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 13, 2013, 09:19:26 pm by philsky »

Im working next Saturday so its out of my hands tbh

Great day today

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 13, 2013, 09:22:05 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Im working next Saturday so its out of my hands tbh

Great day today

Rearrange these words ............Screen  Smoke    :)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 13, 2013, 09:24:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »

We could always put him on a suspended sentence and if it goes wrong then the hit team goes in . i agree even one swallow can shit badly on you Daggers.

Yeh you can get a ropey pint in Thorne can't you   :P

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 13, 2013, 09:31:34 pm by The Red Baron »

Two points -
1) "He does move like he's much older than his 40-odd years though. " - really??! You think he moves like a 50+ year old? I don't agree.
2) "I hope our steadfast refusal to bring in a younger and better 'keeper this season " - did we really steadfastly refuse? Or was it actually the case that no such mythical creature ("younger and better keeper") existed/was available for loan/purchase? Who at the club told you that we were steadfastly refusing? Or is this more personal opinion dressed up as factual statements?

1. Did you see how slowly he moved when Husband passed the ball back to him in the first half? At other times he looked rushed and flustered. Don't get me wrong- I think he's been a great 'keeper- probably one of the best we've ever had- but I think the years have caught up with him.

2. Since the start of the season we've needed someone who can challenge Woods for the job. When Sulli was loaned to Wimbledon that was the opportunity to bring someone in. Instead we kept a rookie on the bench and as soon as Woods was injured we recalled Sulli.

I hope a combination of Woods/ Sullivan can get us through the last two games (no play-offs- please!) but we really need to sort this out before next season.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2013, 11:36:30 am by i_ateallthepies »

Two points -

1. Did you see how slowly he moved when Husband passed the ball back to him in the first half? At other times he looked rushed and flustered. Don't get me wrong- I think he's been a great 'keeper- probably one of the best we've ever had- but I think the years have caught up with him.

2. Since the start of the season we've needed someone who can challenge Woods for the job. When Sulli was loaned to Wimbledon that was the opportunity to bring someone in. Instead we kept a rookie on the bench and as soon as Woods was injured we recalled Sulli.

I hope a combination of Woods/ Sullivan can get us through the last two games (no play-offs- please!) but we really need to sort this out before next season.

Given our league position and budgetary constraints you'd have to say this proves to have been a very shrewd decision.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012