Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:20:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crowd on Saturday @ home to Notts County  (Read 2627 times)

donnyplant

• VSC Member
Crowd on Saturday @ home to Notts County
« on April 14, 2013, 07:18:28 pm by donnyplant »
Surely now more than ever we should be trying are best to full the stadium on Saturday. Dragging everyone we know there and really pushing the team and being the 12th man to get those 3pts.

Is this not the most important home game of the season?

What can we do to help the club fill the stadium? What can the club do to provide us with the tools to drag our pals down?

I presume as always there will be a lap of honour for the lads with it being the last home game, could we push this in anyway?

Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Crowd on Saturday @ home to Notts County
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2013, 07:19:39 pm by RedJ »
Anyone who's still got Voucher M, think of who you can drag along.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2013, 07:23:51 pm by hoolahoop »
Folk will be there in numbers stop fretting. I'm expecting at least a 5 figure crowd. However this IS a game I would use turnstiles on at a reduced rate and would be advertising this on all available FM and local radio stations as well as ALL the local papers.
Of course we ALL have to do our bit too.  :rtid:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2013, 07:23:57 pm by MrFrost »
I can maybe see us hitting 10k, but no more.
Notts will bring about 1k, which means 9k from Donny which is probably about right.

Wonder where all the missing thousands are that were quick to snap up cheap tickets against Swansea and Palace. Proof that people aren't interested even in a top of the league team, just about freebies or cheap deals!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2013, 07:24:26 pm by MrFrost »
Folk will be there in numbers stop fretting. I'm expecting at least a 5 figure crowd. However this IS a game I would use turnstiles on at a reduced rate and would be advertising this on all available FM and local radio stations as well as ALL the local papers.
Of course we ALL have to do our bit too.  :rtid:

Rovers market a game? Don't talk daft!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2013, 07:24:46 pm by normal rules »
We'll be lucky to make 10k.

The floaters have gone for now. No money or interest around.

Notts county have nothing to play for except pride and maybe the chance to mess up our season.

Most voucher M now used by STH.

Only way we would fill the ground would be to give out free tickets in town all week and even then some wouldnt turn up.

Bit of a downer i know but this is current reality. Crowds have been disappointing recently given our league pos but i think this is reflected across the whole league.

Donny BoB challenge maybe. All us going to game bring a friend or two?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2013, 07:29:51 pm by Nudga »
I can maybe see us hitting 10k, but no more.
Notts will bring about 1k, which means 9k from Donny which is probably about right.

Wonder where all the missing thousands are that were quick to snap up cheap tickets against Swansea and Palace. Proof that people aren't interested even in a top of the league team, just about freebies or cheap deals!

I've got a family ticket that i'm going to use, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been able to afford to take my boys.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2013, 07:30:31 pm by MrFrost »

Notts county have nothing to play for except pride and maybe the chance to mess up our season.

Only way we would fill the ground would be to give out free tickets in town all week and even then some wouldnt turn up.

Bit of a downer i know but this is current reality. Crowds have been disappointing recently given our league pos but i think this is reflected across the whole league.

Seems to be the case with a few exceptions.

I notice Wednesday didn't sell their full allocation at Leeds.

People are falling out with football, and I can only see the decline continuing.

pubteam

« Reply #8 on April 14, 2013, 07:31:51 pm by pubteam »
Oh well, at least we're not heading down to L2 with an average gate of 4,000, like some predicted last summer.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2013, 07:36:08 pm by hoolahoop »

Personally anything less than 10,000 for this game and we might as well give up. Folk in Donny must all be following all the other regional success stories (sarcastic).
The club has to ''market'' this game and get as many in as possible £15 adults, £5 kids...........if they can do it or have a mind to do it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2013, 07:41:39 pm by RedJ »
Quid a kid anyone?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2013, 07:53:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I expect a good crowd the fans are still there just skint in most cases or moved away (as I probably will be again soon). The guys I watched rovers with in the past have nearly all left so only make the odd game. It's a problem in the town th're is no incentive for young people to stay.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2013, 07:54:51 pm by donnyplant »
Quid a kid would be a great start! Anything we can to that would piggy back on the majoral elections that are currently in progress? Get all the candidates to show how they would support the local team? If they would support the local team?? Any other thoughts?

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2013, 07:59:21 pm by donnyplant »
I also don't think we have enough of a partnership with Donny Uni / Colledge, I went to Huddersfield Uni for 4 years and whilst there I attended most about 12 games a season to get my football fix when I couldn't afford to travel home. Uni students could get in for a fiver and that was only 7-8 years ago!

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2013, 08:00:52 pm by BRMC_rover »
If we can clinch promotion on Saturday, all attendee's should be offered a voucher or some other incentive where perhaps it could be exchanged for an A3 squad league winning poster perhaps. Some kind of keepsake to boost numbers at the last game, whilst helping to get the boys over the line. If vandanel were still the kit supplier, we could maybe have created some 'were going up' or something tee shirts, exchangeable with a season ticket or purchased single ticket for the last home game. Nike probably won't do this. Just a thought.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2013, 08:05:31 pm by RedJ »
Speaking of keepsakes and slightly off topics, when are we meant to be getting them photos STHs were promised?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2013, 08:07:35 pm by hoolahoop »
I expect a good crowd the fans are still there just skint in most cases or moved away (as I probably will be again soon). The guys I watched rovers with in the past have nearly all left so only make the odd game. It's a problem in the town th're is no incentive for young people to stay.

There's still nigh on 1/3 million people here bfyp and there's plenty of incentive for most to stay . This is a damn good town with good employment prospects and superb amenities.
I'm surprised at your comments nay puzzled that because a few lads out of that population have moved out of town that it then equates to no-one coming in to live in town.  :unsure:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2013, 08:13:49 pm by hoolahoop »
I also don't think we have enough of a partnership with Donny Uni / Colledge, I went to Huddersfield Uni for 4 years and whilst there I attended most about 12 games a season to get my football fix when I couldn't afford to travel home. Uni students could get in for a fiver and that was only 7-8 years ago!

We don't look after students or the unemployed properly. I was out of work a short time ago and paid £5 away at Bury and then had to borrow £21 the week after to see the Rovers in my home town. We have unemployed and it's time the club helped them too. As for students well it's just plain common-sense to charge them less as they don't have large incomes.
It's all about habit , if folk get used to going ; then they will usually continue to do so when they are once again in employment.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2013, 08:15:25 pm by BRMC_rover »

There's still nigh on 1/3 million people here bfyp and there's plenty of incentive for most to stay . This is a damn good town with good employment prospects and superb amenities.
I'm surprised at your comments nay puzzled that because a few lads out of that population have moved out of town that it then equates to no-one coming in to live in town.  :unsure:

he does have a point tbd. Doncaster still doesn't have the many industries that offer opportunities to most. When I finished uni there wasn't much that matched or more importantly, offered a career so I went to Manchester. Most that do apprenticeship in Donny are obvs fine, others may have to look elsewhere. Not many I know/grew up with in moorends have stuck about.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2013, 09:34:58 pm by donnievic »

Seems to be the case with a few exceptions.

I notice Wednesday didn't sell their full allocation at Leeds.

People are falling out with football, and I can only see the decline continuing.
think the reason Wednesday didn't  sell out at Leeds if that's the case is same as Huddersfield didn't they were charged a flat rate 39 quid a ticket with no concessions

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2013, 09:42:59 pm by RoverAtUni »
For people who do move away for things like Uni as well the travel costs are just to much on top of tickets. The prices of fuel etc, and train tickets even with discount from railcards.

As much as I would like to go to as many games as possible its just hard to find ways to get to them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012