Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:39:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hinckley Point yer havin a larf  (Read 3310 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Hinckley Point yer havin a larf
« on October 16, 2015, 10:28:22 pm by Sprotyrover »
Come on Gideon,are you really such a f#ckwit! Are you really niaeve enough to let a foreign,not so friendly power build
a couple of of nuclear Disasters in our back yard!
Somebody ring for the Police the bloke needs sectioning.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:31:59 pm by Sprotyrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Re: Hinckley Point yer havin a larf
« Reply #1 on October 17, 2015, 01:45:40 am by jucyberry »
He needs to stop snorting the class A. The man is a sniff away from leading us all into disaster.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 17, 2015, 09:42:46 am by Sprotyrover »
Building a Nuclear reactor the way the Govt wants to do it is like buying a Merc or Range Rover with a 100% loan from Wonga,you initially borrow £60k over 10 years, and your repayments come to £2 Million.
Absolute insanity.
The Chinese will insist on using their own workers so no jobs for local people, and who knows what little extras will be included in the design.
Plus can you really trust folks who still use Bamboo in construction.
Plus if you ask em about Health and Safety they will larf at you (not that that seems to matter in modern Britain).
Can somebody please erasure me as I see this project as utter madness!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 17, 2015, 12:20:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'll Erasure you.

I think you need to have A Little Respect for the Chinese.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x34icYC8zA0

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2015, 01:11:22 pm by Sprotyrover »
Ta Spadge 1980's Pop trash always does the trick.
But I do respect the Chinese,that's why I wouldn't let them build a facillity which is of National importance and a potential threat to national security

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #5 on October 19, 2015, 09:55:26 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
The energy policy is brilliant. The Chinese build a nuclear bomb in our country, Putin has his hand on the tap to turn off our gas, and we get oil from Arab countries we bomb.
So much better than the old days when the miners could hold the country to ransom.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 19, 2015, 04:55:30 pm by moses »
Great line Frankie Boyle's Guardian column about why Osbourne wasn't accusing Corbyn of being a neo communist threat the nuclear security. oh wait...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/08/frankie-boyles-conference-roundup-haunted-tennis-ball-slytherin-chancellor-politics

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2015, 05:21:37 pm by wilts rover »
Forgive me if I am wrong here but isn't Hinckley Point C being built by EDF (who are French)? With Chinese funding?

It is also pure coincidence that they are funding this project, which will require a lot of construction steel just when we have closed one of our remaining Steel Plants, are making big reductions at others and the main competitive source for steel is....China.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2015, 05:54:42 pm by GazLaz »
I've been offered a job working on there, it's a massive job. I'd rather have a leg off than work down there though.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2015, 08:07:13 pm by Sprotyrover »
They are part funding 2  and then the Tories are letting them build one to their own design.
Hinckley point will be a complete white Elephant if the Oiland gas keeps flowing out of US shale. And from what I read there are 400 billion barrels in the Bakken shale play alone.
Yes I know that only 5 % is only currently accessible but in 1914 aircraft travelled at 80mph ,4 years later they were doing 150 and 15 years after that 300 mph plus.
It's all about technology.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2015, 08:53:19 pm by GazLaz »
Oil production I Mexico is going to be upped massively as well now blocks have been put out to bid for the first time. I've bought shares in a couple of companies bidding out there. I'm hoping the oil price rockets, I know the US are slowing production (for the time being).

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2015, 11:26:29 pm by BRMC_rover »
It's a real mess of a situation. Wreaks of lobbied interest. Just as the Germans are closing theirs down, Gideon sees money and accelerates his plans. It may, if spun effectively, be a saving grace when we get the imminent complaints of the Fracking knock on effects between now and then though. Energy sector is run by greed, not sustainability. 

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2015, 04:54:17 pm by albie »
For those that like a little more detail on this fiasco;
Making sense of the UK's muddled energy policy - is it all about nuclear weapons? - The Ecologist

How long can Gideon go on playing the austerity card, while doling out quantitative support to lame duck projects?

You would think somebody would notice.....or maybe not!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2015, 11:05:46 pm by BobG »
Sadly, I reckon that failure to notice has been one of the very worst failures of the Labour Party this last 5 years.  They've had Christmas handed to them on plates, several times, and they've dropped every single one. The passivity, the acceptance of the mantra peddled by the deadly duo, the very weakness have all been shameful. Like I've said before, those buggers in Millbank this last 5 years should apologise to each and every human being in this country.

BobG

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 25, 2019, 01:08:53 pm by albie »
Looks like Sproty might have had a point back in 2015, but for the wrong reason;
https://www.standard.co.uk/business/hinkley-point-nuclear-plant-hit-by-3-billion-cost-rise-amid-delays-a4246106.html

How many more times will the UK start a project without locking down the costs......tender then extender?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:56:25 pm by albie »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 25, 2019, 03:25:54 pm by wing commander »
Oil production I Mexico is going to be upped massively as well now blocks have been put out to bid for the first time. I've bought shares in a couple of companies bidding out there. I'm hoping the oil price rockets, I know the US are slowing production (for the time being).

Gaz oil and gas is my game when it comes to share trading..Can you pm me the companies so i can do a bit of research into them mate.Although i wouldn't worry to much about the oil price just yet mate,bidding,permits,seismic and farm ins would need doing first before the drill bit turns but the early bird and all that..cheers

TinyPortal © 2005-2012