Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:46:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Big mistake for Labour?  (Read 1488 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Big mistake for Labour?
« Reply #30 on May 09, 2024, 09:37:40 am by River Don »
Crossing the floor does give her the opportunity to weaken a government that she now sees as chaotic and failing.

It also reduces the Tory majority to 38 now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 09, 2024, 09:50:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think she has seen the light on Tory housing failure, that she has been critical of.

From the point of view of housing, her defection makes sense. She goes back to the task of providing affordable homes, whilst having an input on government housing strategy. Within a government whose aim is to build.
Maybe she's just dedicated to the cause and knows that her immediate contribution lies within the Labour Party.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 09, 2024, 10:04:56 am by Not Now Kato »
I think this is a case of both Labour and the Tories losing. A puzzling move indeed.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 09, 2024, 10:18:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think anyone joining the Labour Party with an IQ over 85 is a bonus for the party.

Every little helps.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 09, 2024, 10:21:45 am by Iberian Red »
You've got zero chance of that fella,being dumb enough to believe Bullshit Boris

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 09, 2024, 10:35:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
Back she goes!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 09, 2024, 11:49:30 am by roverstillidie91 »
She has moved from one bum cheek of the arse that is current uk politics to the other.
Her motivation will be purely selfish.
Labour peerage perhaps to come ? Or a plumb job somewhere. Time will tell.
#allthesame.
too many People Still don't recognise they are the same just ones red and the others blue.

People vote them at their peril both anti EU, globalist, Ukraine and Israel lovers etc. Anti trade union and WEF puppets

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 09, 2024, 11:57:26 am by River Don »
I think she has seen the light on Tory housing failure, that she has been critical of.

From the point of view of housing, her defection makes sense. She goes back to the task of providing affordable homes, whilst having an input on government housing strategy. Within a government whose aim is to build.
Maybe she's just dedicated to the cause and knows that her immediate contribution lies within the Labour Party.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Her cause has always been housing. My guess is that she'd prefer to be involved in housing rather than sitting on the opposition benches

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 09, 2024, 12:18:02 pm by danumdon »
If her cause had always been housing, or just housing then i imagine certain elements in the labour party would not be wanting her to explain herself and her actions.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 09, 2024, 01:18:07 pm by ncRover »
She has moved from one bum cheek of the arse that is current uk politics to the other.
#allthesame.
too many People Still don't recognise they are the same just ones red and the others blue.

People vote them at their peril both anti EU, globalist, Ukraine and Israel lovers etc. Anti trade union and WEF puppets

Rtid91

Can I decipher from this that you are pro-EU but somehow anti-globalist?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 09, 2024, 01:52:52 pm by River Don »
If her cause had always been housing, or just housing then i imagine certain elements in the labour party would not be wanting her to explain herself and her actions.

Her background is growing up in social housing, so I assume that's why she's passionate about affordable homes.

All the other stuff will make for some interesting conversations, I imagine.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 09, 2024, 03:29:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
#allthesame.

Rtid91

Not answering for rtid, just fyi I am anti globalist but pro EU. The pro EU is on balance, with the mega corporate, globalist governmental side of things on the negative side of that balance sheet. The anti globalist is majorly about not being tied to any mega corps interests including the financial side of that, and of course that includes not being tied to US anything. I feel the same re the "dark side" globalist team, BRICS. And any corresponding mafiosa.

Point being, its fairly simple really, from my point of view.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 09, 2024, 03:57:09 pm by roverstillidie91 »
#allthesame.

Rtid91

I wasn't but clearly it hasn't worked and in terms of globalist yes it appears we have puppets in charge planning to yield control over us

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 09, 2024, 04:56:53 pm by roverstillidie91 »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Her cause has always been housing. My guess is that she'd prefer to be involved in housing rather than sitting on the opposition benches
described the sacking of the workers at P&O after being heckled denouncing the threat of militant unionism.

Shows what Labour stands for.

Many more will be voting against them why do you think theyre now going after greens and independents as they're a genuine threat

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1788169878991405357#m
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 04:59:40 pm by roverstillidie91 »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 09, 2024, 05:02:20 pm by ravenrover »
And joined in with the shame on you chant before realising it was aimed at her

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 09, 2024, 05:06:19 pm by roverstillidie91 »
And joined in with the shame on you chant before realising it was aimed at her
what we need is to be governed by people who are interested in improving the outcomes of the public and represent our interests. Not to make a quick buck for themselves.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 09, 2024, 06:11:01 pm by River Don »

I wouldn't be surprised.

described the sacking of the workers at P&O after being heckled denouncing the threat of militant unionism.

Many more will be voting against them why do you think theyre now going after greens and independents as they're a genuine threat

Since she's not standing as an MP or taking a seat in the lords in future, she has no input whatsoever  on what Labour stands for. Bar housing perhaps, where she is on the same page as Labour anyway.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 09, 2024, 07:14:05 pm by roverstillidie91 »

I wouldn't be surprised.

Since she's not standing as an MP or taking a seat in the lords in future, she has no input whatsoever  on what Labour stands for. Bar housing perhaps, where she is on the same page as Labour anyway.
Still associated with labour and a typical tory.

Not a great move in my view.

They think by letting ex tory mp's that it is attracting tory voters.

It certainly won't to much effect and labour voters should cast their vote elsewhere.

We need a stoplabour as well as stop the tories website

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 09, 2024, 08:01:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Re the P&O march/demo she was on, I don't know what her particular views were, but it's possible she was supportive to the unions in that instance. That is what she is saying. And so it is possible she was wrongly treated.

I think she's mistaken when saying it was the hard left who were being unkind to her, it seems more likely it was the hard extreme Starmerites.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 08:05:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 09, 2024, 08:04:31 pm by River Don »
They think by letting Tory MPs do what?

This ex Tory MP is only likely to vote along with Labour for a few months on her way out.

Some will feel the symbolism is bad for the Labour brand. I think it's worse for Sunak.

Very few people will be put off voting Labour because of this.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 09, 2024, 08:08:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I agree, the humiliation to Sunak was extreme. I think it was the fatal wound, one which was inflicted on a dying thread anyway after the local elections, but was the final blow.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 09, 2024, 09:19:20 pm by danumdon »
Really surprised that some on the left are quite laid back by all this.

Still think this exposes the Starmer left as conniving and as manipulative as any right wing members they have been constantly pointing out.

When this fella has spent his whole leadership period trying to expose the sleaze, underhand dealings and corruption that's been demonstrated on the right he then gives a very good impression of being the exact slimeball he's constantly tried to expose.

These are all small facets of what kind of individual Starmer is that he's letting out of the bag.

The more we learn about him personally and his mode of operation, the more we see that the difference between him and people he's been fighting against and accusing as devious, underhand and untrustworthy is negligible.

He's spent an age trying to make out that he and his party will be making a difference after the GE.

He's just demonstrated to the whole country that he and his Labour party are just exactly the same as the lot who are on the way out.

What kind of a choice does the electorate have with people and parties like this?

It wont surprise me if independents do quite well in many constituencies, followed by "none of the above , their all sh*t.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 09, 2024, 09:37:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Agreed, it's yet another demonstration of where Starmer, or his puppetmasters, are at. I saw his hustings performances, one live. He wasn't my favourite then,  but I didn't see him as the antichrist he's become. He was surprisingly weak then, and has gone downhill since,  not just weaker,  but ever more to the dark side. I fully expect blood red eyes for his election victory speech.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 03:00:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 09, 2024, 10:01:33 pm by ncRover »
Agreed, it's yet another demonstration of where Starmer, or his puppetmasters, are at. I saw his hustings performances, one live. He wasn't my favourite then,  but I didn't see him as the antichrist he's become. He was surprisingly weak then, and has gone downhill since,  not just weaker,  but ever more to the dark side. I fully expect blood red eyes for his election victory so each.

Will he execute order 66?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 09, 2024, 11:01:00 pm by roverstillidie91 »

This ex Tory MP is only likely to vote along with Labour for a few months on her way out.

Some will feel the symbolism is bad for the Labour brand. I think it's worse for Sunak.

Labour did not do great in the recent elections.

If this is reflected its even been said they won't get a majority at the GE

Embarrassing considering how diabolical the Tories have been.

It doesn't surprise me however.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 09, 2024, 11:03:49 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Really surprised that some on the left are quite laid back by all this.

Still think this exposes the Starmer left as conniving and as manipulative as any right wing members they have been constantly pointing out.

When this fella has spent his whole leadership period trying to expose the sleaze, underhand dealings and corruption that's been demonstrated on the right he then gives a very good impression of being the exact slimeball he's constantly tried to expose.

These are all small facets of what kind of individual Starmer is that he's letting out of the bag.

The more we learn about him personally and his mode of operation, the more we see that the difference between him and people he's been fighting against and accusing as devious, underhand and untrustworthy is negligible.

He's spent an age trying to make out that he and his party will be making a difference after the GE.

He's just demonstrated to the whole country that he and his Labour party are just exactly the same as the lot who are on the way out.

What kind of a choice does the electorate have with people and parties like this?

It wont surprise me if independents do quite well in many constituencies, followed by "none of the above , their all sh*t.

also reneged on the supposed new bill of rights for workers or whatever it is called.

The problem is he lies, lies and lies again and isn't to be trusted.

The reason they want the GE now is because on the major issues he is failing and their popularity is nosediving bit by bit.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 09, 2024, 11:04:36 pm by SydneyRover »
Where's your vote going 91 and how will it effect how the UK is governed?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 09, 2024, 11:10:38 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Where's your vote going 91 and how will it effect how the UK is governed?
however I vote it won't be enough to keep Labour out.

The best we can hope for is either a hung parliament or a slight Labour majority so they can be held to account in some way.

However I believe people will be disappointed when they get in as not much will change.

Not enough people realise the real issues and not enough people vote for their to be any serious change.

Its easy for Starmer being in opposition but when he is PM and unpopular it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 11:12:53 pm by roverstillidie91 »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 10, 2024, 12:22:43 am by River Don »

Labour did not do great in the recent elections.

If this is reflected its even been said they won't get a majority at the GE

Embarrassing considering how diabolical the Tories have been.

It doesn't surprise me however.

It won't be reflected.

There is a different dynamic in a GE. The electorate is less likely to vote for smaller parties and independents.

Sunak leaped on the idea that the local election results would be mirrored in a general election. Even then he could only suggest a hung parliament is possible.

The vote won't translate in that manner though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012