Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:17:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Palace ticket allocation  (Read 22606 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Palace ticket allocation
« Reply #90 on January 29, 2019, 01:19:39 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think the club can market the shit out of this game - maybe spend some money on facebook and twitter ads as well as traditional marketing. It's been over 60 years since we've been in this position and everyone in Doncaster with even a slight interest in football should know about that! :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 29, 2019, 01:35:10 pm by Axholme Lion »
I don't think they'll bring that many. They're a shit club with delusions of grandeur. I hope Doncaster smash them.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on January 29, 2019, 01:52:20 pm by Donnywolf »
I don't think they'll bring that many. They're a shit club with delusions of grandeur. I hope Doncaster smash them.

... and then go on to beat the Winners of AFC Wimbledon v Millwall with a bit of luck

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 29, 2019, 01:56:15 pm by IDM »

Since when did we draw Leeds.??

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 29, 2019, 01:57:30 pm by Axholme Lion »

... and then go on to beat the Winners of AFC Wimbledon v Millwall with a bit of luck

I knew we'd get a crap draw. It was nailed on to be miles away from home or somewhere we'd get a crap ticket allocation. The pubs around there will be heaving with Wall, with or without tickets.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on January 29, 2019, 02:06:54 pm by Filo »

I knew we'd get a crap draw. It was nailed on to be miles away from home or somewhere we'd get a crap ticket allocation. The pubs around there will be heaving with Wall, with or without tickets.

You derided the Everton fans for roaming the streets rather than go straight in the ground

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 29, 2019, 03:16:35 pm by Axholme Lion »

You derided the Everton fans for roaming the streets rather than go straight in the ground
Won't be looking for a tear up carrying blades though. It's a local game and if it's on tv it's the next best thing. There'll be no crowd trouble at this game, why would there be? If Wimbledon beat us then good luck to them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 29, 2019, 07:05:06 pm by drfchound »

Won't be looking for a tear up carrying blades though. It's a local game and if it's on tv it's the next best thing. There'll be no crowd trouble at this game, why would there be? If Wimbledon beat us then good luck to them.

Yeah, really?
If Wimbledon did win and sung that old chestnut “championship, you’re having a laugh” then I am sure the Millwall lads would all just say well done chaps.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 29, 2019, 07:10:10 pm by silent majority »
I've had discussions with the club earlier today.

At the moment it's early doors, so we need to wait and see if we are selected for TV. If we are covered by TV that will affect the price charged for tickets. We will also monitor the Palace away support. If there is no great demand from them, then they won't receive the extra allocation.

I'm afraid it's going to be watch this space!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 29, 2019, 07:10:50 pm by drfchound »
15% we have to give by fa rules. I'm not sure what the actual capacity is but own as we have lost seats, but based on 14500 we only need to give the, 2200.
I hope the club get this right. I can see there being a big demand for this game.
Of course a Friday or Monday night game will affect this.

Thats roughly 2200?

I remember last time we played Palace, there was controversy because we gave our fans free tickets. Our fans had half the north stand, and were segregated from the Palace fans. I also seem to recall, we had a charity shirt on that day and won.

Get the tickets a tenner and the lads in the new triangle kit, couple of good omens there.

I would also like to see the tickets really pushed for the home fans, would that not mean more gate money for us & less for them?

Did we give free tickets to the Palace fans too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:43:55 pm by drfchound »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 29, 2019, 07:43:13 pm by Boomstick »

At the moment it's early doors, so we need to wait and see if we are selected for TV. If we are covered by TV that will affect the price charged for tickets. We will also monitor the Palace away support. If there is no great demand from them, then they won't receive the extra allocation.

'if there's no great demand from them, they won't receive the extra allocation'  that surely is applied to every game.
The time is now to make the decision to give rovers the best possible chance, in a historical game.

Just give them the North at the very most.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 29, 2019, 07:58:01 pm by silent majority »

'if there's no great demand from them, they won't receive the extra allocation'  that surely is applied to every game.
The time is now to make the decision to give rovers the best possible chance, in a historical game.

That's not really what I meant.

The club will weigh up it's options in the next few days. We would like to reward the DRFC fans with a low ticket price, and one of the ways to do that is to sell out the stadium.

Not only that but when the game is being played will also affect pricing and sales levels. For instance, if it's a Monday night game then it's fairly obvious that Palace won't want the extra allocation.

As I said, its a waiting game at the moment.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 29, 2019, 08:02:37 pm by normal rules »
Great news SM. Isn’t it nice that w3 have a link between the club and it’s supporters.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 29, 2019, 11:36:50 pm by Draytonian III »
Axholme Lion, one my mates from work was in film Football Factory, he’s a proper gezzar

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on January 29, 2019, 11:44:02 pm by rich1471 »
price it as the same as the 4th round , give palace the same allocation as Oldham and lets fill the ground no matter what the club do people will moan, just be happy that we are there and enjoy the 5th round , i have been watching rovers for 30 years , my dad much longer neither of us have seen Donny play in the 5th round stop moaning about the allocation, buy a ticket and be happy win or lose ffs     

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 30, 2019, 07:51:16 am by Crowle Rover »
price it as the same as the 4th round , give palace the same allocation as Oldham and lets fill the ground no matter what the club do people will moan, just be happy that we are there and enjoy the 5th round , i have been watching rovers for 30 years , my dad much longer neither of us have seen Donny play in the 5th round stop moaning about the allocation, buy a ticket and be happy win or lose ffs     

Agree with this statement.
I too started going 30 years and apart from the first two seasons we failed to get past the first round until we dropped out of the league.
Let's enjoy the moment!!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 30, 2019, 10:15:56 am by Axholme Lion »
Axholme Lion, one my mates from work was in film Football Factory, he’s a proper gezzar

Never seen it. Not really into anything like that.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 30, 2019, 10:22:58 am by Boomstick »

That's not really what I meant.

The club will weigh up it's options in the next few days. We would like to reward the DRFC fans with a low ticket price, and one of the ways to do that is to sell out the stadium.

Not only that but when the game is being played will also affect pricing and sales levels. For instance, if it's a Monday night game then it's fairly obvious that Palace won't want the extra allocation.

As I said, its a waiting game at the moment.

Fair enough, massive game this.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 31, 2019, 05:24:23 pm by normal rules »
Right then rovers. Day and kick off confirmed. Beeb will be there with a healthy pay day.
Same price as Oldham please.
Perhaps not so attractive to palace fans. Late finish for them esp if it goes to extra time and pens.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 31, 2019, 08:27:45 pm by RobTheRover »
The announced timescale doesn't give long for allocating extra to Palace, though.

Monday 4th - Season Ticket holders sale
Thursday 7th - Fans with Oldham stubs
Monday 11th - General sale.

The club won't reasonably be able to gauge demand accurately until maybe 13th/14th.  That's only 3 days before the match.

I suspect Palace will only get their opening allocation and that will be it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 31, 2019, 10:13:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Personally, taking all things into account, even though charging £15 would be reasonable, I would stick with £10 etc. I would think Palace will be given 3000, so scope for us to fill it if the FA peoples Cup fever gains momentum. The TV money will more than make up for any shortfall.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on January 31, 2019, 10:31:32 pm by RedJ »
Well this is fun. A Palace fan has joined a Doncaster forum to take a swipe at a Millwall fan.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 31, 2019, 10:32:16 pm by Nudga »

What a joke you are. You're a f**king t**t. You lot are nothing but scum. Hopefully we'll get you in the quarters where we'll teach you about striping, scumwall

Get a room you mockney w**kers

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 31, 2019, 10:33:19 pm by drfchound »
I am sure that admin can ban the Palace fan.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on January 31, 2019, 10:40:10 pm by Filo »
Well this is fun. A Palace fan has joined a Doncaster forum to take a swipe at a Millwall fan.

Its a strange world we live in

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 01, 2019, 08:19:43 am by Alan Southstand »
Now we know we've got the prime TV slot, are we doing anything about making the atmosphere a bit special?

Especially when we can celebrate keeping the best striker in the football league!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on February 01, 2019, 08:40:40 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Now we know we've got the prime TV slot, are we doing anything about making the atmosphere a bit special?

Especially when we can celebrate keeping the best striker in the football league!

I've heard there may be. The best thing for me would just be to sing our hearts out, like Oldham, in more Co ordinated way!

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 01, 2019, 08:50:18 am by CantleyRed »
Reckon the South Stand will sell out easily for this one, so no excuse not to get the place rocking like OBV always was.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 01, 2019, 12:06:49 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
15% we have to give by fa rules. I'm not sure what the actual capacity is but own as we have lost seats, but based on 14500 we only need to give the, 2200.
I hope the club get this right. I can see there being a big demand for this game.
Of course a Friday or Monday night game will affect this.

Thats roughly 2200?

I remember last time we played Palace, there was controversy because we gave our fans free tickets. Our fans had half the north stand, and were segregated from the Palace fans. I also seem to recall, we had a charity shirt on that day and won.

Get the tickets a tenner and the lads in the new triangle kit, couple of good omens there.

I would also like to see the tickets really pushed for the home fans, would that not mean more gate money for us & less for them?

Did we give free tickets to the Palace fans too.

Nope, I remember writing a little piece in the free press on it when I was a STH, as myself and probably many others were quite peeved at the time.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 01, 2019, 12:23:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
Reckon the South Stand will sell out easily for this one, so no excuse not to get the place rocking like OBV always was.

With all due respect, Cantley, that is only part of the problem. The biggest problem is to get everyone joining in the singing/clapping or whatever. Too many just sit on their hands!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012