Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:42:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: German football  (Read 840 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
German football
« on March 10, 2019, 03:47:38 pm by mushRTID »
On a stag do in 3 weeks to Cologne/Düsseldorf.

Dusseldorf play Monchengladback on the Saturday but being a derby, sold out immediately when it went on general sale.

FC Koln play on the Sunday but that again is showing as sold out.

Has anyone experience of German football my main question is do you think there’s a chance of getting off a tout at the ground? The issue may be we want 15 tickets.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: German football
« Reply #1 on March 10, 2019, 04:09:12 pm by Not Now Kato »
I don't know about the football out there, but while you're in Düsseldorf I can heartily recommend a visit to a pub called the Uerige.  It's an institute there, no visit is complete without a few beers in there - or on the street outside, it gets that busy.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 10, 2019, 05:33:14 pm by German Rover »
Have you looked at bochum.  well worth a visit, very passionate fanbase and they play Hamburg on the saturday.  you'll have no dramas getting tickets and it should be a good game.

There are touts outside most grounds but they do get a fair bit of attention from the local police, and at Duss Vs MG there'll be alot of them about because of how close the two cities are.   Theres also sites like stubhub and viagogo but they are very much buyer beware.

You'll have a great time over here.  Dusseldorf and Koln are both great cities to get on the drink.  The brauhaus' in Koln city centre are fantastic and kolsch is lovely. 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2019, 08:20:12 am by RedJ »
Dortmund as a city is f**king dull, yes. Matchday experience is great though.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2019, 12:41:01 pm by IDM »
I can’t comment on tickets for that match, but I do recommend taking in a Bundsliga fixture if you can.  It’s cheaper than our premier league, most stadia are modern and you can have a beer inside..

My limited experience also saw little tension between rival fans too, but I can’t say if that is the same everywhere..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012