Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:27:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: From the Brentford Forum...  (Read 2029 times)

MiKA

• Forum Member
From the Brentford Forum...
« on April 27, 2013, 11:33:55 pm by MiKA »
If there are football gods they slapped every Brentfordfan in the face by giving us an injury time penalty for promotion, have us miss and then have a team that were basically the stereotypical northern side (big, dirty, clumsy, dishonest, direct & cynical) go on to pinch an undeserved winner and the title.

The real problem today wasn't the penalty but us succumbing to their style of game for a large portion of the match. When we kept the ball on the deck early in the second half we were carving them open but we just didn't take our chances, however the substitutions seemed to disrupt the balance of the team. BWP was unlucky with a shot coming off the post in the 1st half, Douglas missed our best chance in the 2nd and with a stronger ref Doncaster could have been down to 9 men in the first half as the ref missed a rugby tackle on Donaldson in front of goal and there were a couple of other nasty challenges from them.

I'm gutted for them    :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

Re: From the Brentford Forum...
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2013, 11:36:11 pm by pubteam »

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2013, 11:38:48 pm by Katesby »
Naturally I wanted to gloat and was temporarily on the Brentford forum tonight. After 10 mins I was confronted with this message:

You have been banned for the following reason: annoying

Date the ban will be lifted: never

:crying:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2013, 11:41:20 pm by MachoMadness »
Were we that physical, really? We were well organised as always, but never really dirty at all. I'll take being the so-called "worst champions in years" (thanks, Blunts fans), the fact is we are champions and deservedly so.

Just read the Sky match report and it's so unbelievably one-sided it actually comes across as whiny. Either the writer is a Brentford or Bournemouth fan or he had a bet on them.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2013, 11:44:30 pm by RobTheRover »
Did no one tell them we are just a pub team having a laugh?

They must have missed that memo.

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2013, 11:45:50 pm by Mr Brightside »
Naturally I wanted to gloat and was temporarily on the Brentford forum tonight. After 10 mins I was confronted with this message:

There but for the grace of God go I - enjoy our victory and have some humility my friend

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2013, 11:48:34 pm by Bessie Red »
My the grapes are rather sour tonight down in that there Landan :lol:

donnyguy61

« Reply #7 on April 27, 2013, 11:53:45 pm by donnyguy61 »
Were we that physical, really? We were well organised as always, but never really dirty at all. I'll take being the so-called "worst champions in years" (thanks, Blunts fans), the fact is we are champions and deservedly so.

Just read the Sky match report and it's so unbelievably one-sided it actually comes across as whiny. Either the writer is a Brentford or Bournemouth fan or he had a bet on them.
Maybe Natalie Sawyer wrote it big Brentford fan !!

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2013, 11:55:53 pm by Katesby »

There but for the grace of God go I - enjoy our victory and have some humility my friend

In the same way how their fans were extremely modest in saying that they were going to hammer us etc. Nah, not today. Not after their fans threw things at our keeper. Enjoy the play offs Brentford

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 27, 2013, 11:56:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Look you lot out there (especially the Blade for that comment from a team who've made a speciality of hoof ball for some time now) it wasn't pretty, we know that. It was a triumph of resilience, togetherness, hard graft and fearlessness. Attributes that had been absent for some time.

We will play football, and do it well when it's right, but hopefully we've learned how to be hard to beat and know when to dig in. We'll need those qualities in the Championship.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2013, 11:59:08 pm by BRMC_rover »

Haha. Thats pretty funny. I wondered where your posts had gone. You could have been a bit more sympathetic though mate. Although judging by some posts, most of them have probably hung themselves by now so wont get many fans out in force for their play off campaign.

By the way, the post that I thought (and you also) was a bit agressive, was a reference to this....

http://youtu.be/sAhEFuq62-I 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2013, 12:03:56 am by RobTheRover »
That is amazing.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 28, 2013, 12:10:09 am by Katesby »

Haha. Thats pretty funny. I wondered where your posts had gone. You could have been a bit more sympathetic though mate. Although judging by some posts, most of them have probably hung themselves by now so wont get many fans out in force for their play off campaign.

By the way, the post that I thought (and you also) was a bit agressive, was a reference to this....

http://youtu.be/sAhEFuq62-I 

haha brilliant.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 28, 2013, 01:42:44 am by Herman Hessian »
well - that was an extended trial of self control and no mistake: deep in enemy territory in the Bill Axeby stand, absolutely silent for 94 and half minutes apart from a sharp intake of breath when they hit the post and ill-concealed laughter when there suspiciously argentinian looking no. 8 skied that chance over the bar...

the missed penalty and what followed were just too much to bear, though, and as we've gone batshit mental as it hit the back of the net, co-conspirator Attila got a dig in the ribs from some mardy t**t and things bordered on the fractious for a moment or two, but, as luck would have it, we were promoted as champions, so it all turned out all right in the end - which was nice....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012