Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:46:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: King Charles  (Read 987 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
King Charles
« on February 05, 2024, 07:06:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Get well soon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: King Charles
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2024, 07:09:42 pm by drfchound »
Beat me to it BB.
Same sentiment from me.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2024, 08:41:10 pm by Sprotyrover »
Get well soon your majesty

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 06, 2024, 10:27:19 pm by Not Now Kato »
Get well soon all you people waiting in NHS queues, so sorry you can't get faster treatment! Sorry that you can't get all the media attention too even though you are suffering equally!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2024, 11:59:07 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Get well soon all you people waiting in NHS queues, so sorry you can't get faster treatment! Sorry that you can't get all the media attention too even though you are suffering equally!

Get treatment soon all those of you currently on waiting lists who weren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth that would enable you to get the best care money & privilege could obtain, but are loved by sons & daughters who I’m sure you would, despite the pain & anguish you’re suffering, would give them more than three quarters of an hour of your time wherever they’d travelled from to see & be with you.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 09, 2024, 12:18:45 am by tommy toes »
Apparently there's around 100,000 cancer patients currently waiting more than the standard 62 days from diagnosis to treatment.
I hope the King recovers, he's certainly got a far better chance of doing so that those people.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 12:22:49 am by tommy toes »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 09, 2024, 11:10:50 am by Ldr »

Listed for surgery Jan 24th, just had phone call, in feb 29th, I’m happy with that

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 09, 2024, 11:23:07 am by bpoolrover »
While i can see why people will be annoyed he gets seen quicker anyone who has momey will its not just him

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 09, 2024, 11:43:54 am by Ldr »
Apparently there's around 100,000 cancer patients currently waiting more than the standard 62 days from diagnosis to treatment.
I hope the King recovers, he's certainly got a far better chance of doing so that those people.

Referral to treatment not diagnosis to treatment, decision to treat to treatment target is 31 days. As of 1st October 2023 the cancer targets are

Faster diagnosis standard 75% in 28 days
62 days referral to treatment 85% in 62 days
31 day decision to treat to treatment 96% in 31 days

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 09, 2024, 11:44:30 am by i_ateallthepies »

Listed for surgery Jan 24th, just had phone call, in feb 29th, I’m happy with that

Best wishes, Ldr, hope for a perfect result.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 09, 2024, 11:45:29 am by Ldr »

Best wishes, Ldr, hope for a perfect result.

Much appreciated

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 09, 2024, 12:53:00 pm by ravenrover »

Referral to treatment not diagnosis to treatment, decision to treat to treatment target is 31 days. As of 1st October 2023 the cancer targets are

Faster diagnosis standard 75% in 28 days
62 days referral to treatment 85% in 62 days
31 day decision to treat to treatment 96% in 31 days
I was diagnosed with skin cancer by my doctor, 2 weeks later I saw the consultant, 2 weeks later I had the lump removed.
Pretty good going, I think.

Edit:  forgot to add that this started Nov 2022 operated on early Dec 2022
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 09:22:56 am by ravenrover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 09, 2024, 01:15:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Fingers crossed all goes well for you Ldr. Keep that chin up.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 09, 2024, 01:42:10 pm by SydneyRover »
Hey Col, is this one of those irony thingummies where someone that has used an alias tries to crack a funny about aliases about two that never have?

''BST & Bentley Bullet, to name but two''

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 09, 2024, 01:46:29 pm by Ldr »

Thank you Col

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 09, 2024, 01:51:19 pm by Sprotyrover »

Thank you Col
All the best to you mate!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 09, 2024, 01:54:48 pm by Ldr »

Thank you Col
All the best to you mate!

Cheers Sprot

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 09, 2024, 06:24:34 pm by scawsby steve »
Get well soon, Ldr. Thoughts and prayers from me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 09, 2024, 06:28:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
All the best LDR.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 09, 2024, 06:35:03 pm by wilts rover »

All the best Ldr.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 09, 2024, 06:37:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Hey Col, is this one of those irony thingummies where someone that has used an alias tries to crack a funny about aliases about two that never have?

''BST & Bentley Bullet, to name but two''

Hey?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 09, 2024, 07:06:33 pm by Ldr »
Thanks all

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 09, 2024, 07:25:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Good luck.

I was referred by my GP for a consultation on what is potentially a life changing issue. 15 months before I saw the consultant. And folk wonder why I f**king despise the Tories.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 09, 2024, 07:39:36 pm by tommy toes »
Yes I went to the GP for a 'downstairs' problem last March.
Received a letter from DRI saying if I hadn't heard anything by the end of May to phone them.
Early June I did so and was told I'd be contacted in a years time.
Luckily my issue hasn't got any worse but it's a bloody nuisance.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 09, 2024, 07:45:32 pm by Ldr »
Yes I went to the GP for a 'downstairs' problem last March.
Received a letter from DRI saying if I hadn't heard anything by the end of May to phone them.
Early June I did so and was told I'd be contacted in a years time.
Luckily my issue hasn't got any worse but it's a bloody nuisance.

That’s shocking mate, no way to run a service

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 09, 2024, 07:46:13 pm by Ldr »

Good luck.

I was referred by my GP for a consultation on what is potentially a life changing issue. 15 months before I saw the consultant. And folk wonder why I f**king despise the Tories.

Thanks mate and sorry to hear, thought sheff would be better than Donny but doesn’t seem the case

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 09, 2024, 07:50:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
 ;) ;)

Good luck.

The way round that Billy is once you get the gp to  refer you check the local consultants that that work privately take your pick on who seems to be the best qualified for what you need get the referal letter addressed to him/her. book a private appointment nowadays a couple of hundred quid, then you drop back onto the NHS youve bypassed the initial wait and straight onto the treatment queue   ;) its quite easy to sort. I'm lucky i get private cover through work and I used to pay a premium to add my wife (RIP) onto the cover but she became seriously ill her consultant refused to treat her privately even though he could have as he wanted his own team round him to operate not who the insurer wanted to provide. Between the two of us we cost a very well known private health insurer a fortune. I think the only reason they carried on insuring us is we were part of a large global company group policy. I bet they won't insure me when i retire at the end of the year  :) :) 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 09, 2024, 08:01:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Good luck.

Thanks mate and sorry to hear, thought sheff would be better than Donny but doesn’t seem the case
All the best Ldr  and Donny have some really  excellent Consultants better than some of our near neighbouring city's but I suppose thats the case everywhere

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 09, 2024, 08:09:26 pm by Ldr »

Good luck.

All the best Ldr  and Donny have some really  excellent Consultants better than some of our near neighbouring city's but I suppose thats the case everywhere

Thanks mate, I’m in Newcastle so that’s where I’m heading in

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 10, 2024, 01:42:09 pm by Not Now Kato »

That's an excellent result so far Ldr, my Daughter-in-Law had to go private initially to get the process kicked off as the waiting list was horrendous.  Hoping for a successful outcome for you. Stay strong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012