Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:23:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Excellent  (Read 4075 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Excellent
« on September 14, 2019, 04:57:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
A fantastic performance from rovers today. The better team for me. Barring that one chance at the end, Anderson had Norwood and co. in his pocket. Man of the match performance by far.

Well done lads.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Excellent
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2019, 04:58:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
We were excellent at times, especially first half. Lost shape a bit the last 20 but Lawlor only had one save to make. We’ve got something special building here.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2019, 05:01:30 pm by john_donc857 »
Great performance! Two touch football in the first 20 minutes was superb to stop Ipswich from having possession. Looking really good

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2019, 05:05:43 pm by Campsall rover »
We were excellent at times, especially first half. Lost shape a bit the last 20 but Lawlor only had one save to make. We’ve got something special building here.
How long have i been telling everyone that. Good result against one of probably the better teams.
Sounds as though we could have won it.
5 yellows, 4 in 2nd half i noticed.
Were they deserved or was it a picky ref who favoured the home team?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:18:45 pm by Campsall rover »

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2019, 05:07:32 pm by Graham Hirst »
Dint go but followed online, sounded a great performance and probably unlucky not to win, well done lads COYR

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2019, 05:09:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Brian ( Selby ) you will be a happy man this eve.
A clean sheet.
That’s what you wanted and that’s what we got.  :clapping:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2019, 05:10:12 pm by normal rules »
A great pont at what was always going to be a tricky game. Did not see us getting much from Rotherham and Ipswich. 4 points is very good.

Plus Lincoln got beat 😀

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2019, 05:10:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It feels slightly like 2 points lost on the balance of chances but I'll take that.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2019, 05:13:02 pm by Rovers91 »
I f**king loved that performance, another number 9 and a CM to take pressure off Sheaf and Whiteman and we have cracked it. We shouldn't be bringing Kiwomya on in a game like that but the lads gave everything and it was a joy to watch.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2019, 05:13:56 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
At 3:00pm I’d have happily taken a draw but after that performance I’m disappointed that we didn’t get the win we deserved. We were undoubtedly the better side today. Anderson in particular had a great game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2019, 05:17:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sounds like DM is mixing things up a bit with the starting line ups, giving everyone a chance. Able to make subs and maintain the positive play. This is good as it keeps all the players on their toes.

I suspected this would be a big test for Ipswich and we've shown there's no fluke with the results so far. We are definitely worthy of at least play off contenders.

If the EFL pull their finger out, it could be even better.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 14, 2019, 05:22:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
Superb from Rovers, absolutely superb. Best start to the season now since the 80s?

Remember though folks, not spending every single penny of the available Marquis money and making a load of panic signings by deadline day, means we are going to do nothing this season.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 14, 2019, 05:22:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »
It feels slightly like 2 points lost on the balance of chances but I'll take that.

Yep, on holiday abroad so followed the game on BBC Sport. Looking at the stats (which can sometimes give a skewed view), seems we had a fair share of possession, as CIM has already stated & maybe could have ‘nicked it’?

Well done boys. Blackpool next who were ‘stuffed’ 3-0 at home today.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 14, 2019, 05:23:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
We still need a striker. A Doncaster rovers with a clinical striker would have won that game easily today.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 14, 2019, 05:28:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
Kiwomya offers nothing. Feel for the lad but he was a waste of a shirt today.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 14, 2019, 05:32:17 pm by john_donc857 »
I’m not sure that we need anything to be honest. Great performance, great point

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 14, 2019, 05:34:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
Kiwomya offers nothing. Feel for the lad but he was a waste of a shirt today.

Must have made some impression given he was only on for 10mins wasn’t he?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 14, 2019, 05:35:32 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I f**king loved that performance, another number 9 and a CM to take pressure off Sheaf and Whiteman and we have cracked it. We shouldn't be bringing Kiwomya on in a game like that but the lads gave everything and it was a joy to watch.

DM is always looking to play on the front foot, which as supporters is fantastic to know we have a manager always looking to win.

I suspect, as has been posted previously, that Kiwomya was his only attacking option left on the bench, hence his ‘cameo appearance’.

If Sterling had been fit, Kiwomya would surely have stayed in his more comfortable position..........

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 14, 2019, 05:36:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Sounds like DM is mixing things up a bit with the starting line ups, giving everyone a chance. Able to make subs and maintain the positive play. This is good as it keeps all the players on their toes.

I suspected this would be a big test for Ipswich and we've shown there's no fluke with the results so far. We are definitely worthy of at least play off contenders.

If the EFL pull their finger out, it could be even better.
DBR i guarantee we will finish in the top 6. Yes I know there is no such thing as quarantee.
There won’t be 6 teams better than us this season in this league.
Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, may possibly finish above us but honestly even one or 2 of those might not.
Seriously that’s what i believe. ( could be wrong of course but we will see if i am right in 8 months )

We do need a couple more in as most of us have said to give competition in central midfield and another Striker.  Ennis and Sterling need to be kept on their toes and we do not want any complacency.
I think in Coppinger, Sadlier, Taylor, Blair, Gomez and May along with Whiteman, James and Halliday coming from deep we have a huge amount of creativity & quite a number of goals.

Ennis and Sterling know where the net is and one more to push them and one more to give Whiteman & Sheaf competition in the engine room and we have cracked it.
Onwards and upwards.

What a job DM has done in 8 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:47:01 pm by Campsall rover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 14, 2019, 05:37:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »

We shouldn't bring on the fastest player in League One as a team starts to tire?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 14, 2019, 05:41:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
Kiwomya was actually very nearly in one on one at the end there, save for an excellent tackle from their defender.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 14, 2019, 05:43:08 pm by john_donc857 »
We can all see were Darren is going with the team now. He’ll leave the defence alone as he’s obviously happy with it. Sheaf and Whiteman are his two central midfielders when fit. Copps will Start every game playing just in front of those two and the other three are fighting for their places every week

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 14, 2019, 05:44:49 pm by graingrover »
We played well really .Sheaf and Whiteman ran midfield until about 75 minutes when Ipswich got a hold of the game there too .We played a high line often stretching them from wing to wing
Lawlor 7 ...one fine save from a Norwood break and close 10 yard shot .Hallyday 7 ,James 7 John 6 ,Anderson 8 ..snuffed Norwood out .Sheaf 8, Whiteman 8, Copps 6 ,Ennis 7 ...so dangerous on the break,Taylor 6..missed a sitter close in ,Blair 7;..subs all 6.This said team effort 8 if you accept the arithmetic unorthodoxy .It was more a very good compact team effort than of outstanding individual performances .Moore’s selection and subs 9 ..including adding Kiwomyas pace  towards the end .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 14, 2019, 05:47:36 pm by GazLaz »
According to the data, chances wise we were the better side first half and they were second half. Draw a pretty fair result.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 14, 2019, 05:52:29 pm by Rovers91 »

We shouldn't bring on the fastest player in League One as a team starts to tire?

Might be fastest player in league one but hes shit. Usain  bolt tried football and he was shit.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 14, 2019, 05:56:47 pm by the vicar »
we tired midway through second half and should have made 2 subs 10 minutes before but the lads were magnificent

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 14, 2019, 05:57:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's also an indicator that we can play on bigger stages so no need to fear of taking on the fancied teams.

DM sounded very disappointed we didn't come away with 3 points saying we need to be more clinical in the final third.

Let's put that right on Tuesday and who know's whether VA will want to come and join the party and give us another ingredient.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 14, 2019, 05:58:48 pm by graingrover »
Darren Moore will improve all of them and Kiwomya included .His pace is his major asset but his weakest point is .....lack of confidence and that can be sorted by Darren .

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 14, 2019, 06:02:06 pm by PDX_Rover »
Kiwomya was actually very nearly in one on one at the end there, save for an excellent tackle from their defender.

But that's the problem. He was muscled off the ball far too easily. He may be fast but he didn't show much today of anything. I'd love him to succeed but and terrorise defences but just can't see that happening.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 14, 2019, 06:02:13 pm by graingrover »
Darren will not pick a culprit out when talking of the  need for more clinical finishing but that failure to convert today by poor old Taylor was ...the sort he will never forget.He not the  type to let it affect him though .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012