Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:48:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimsby Away  (Read 2483 times)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Grimsby Away
« on January 18, 2017, 04:25:11 pm by DaveDRFC »
How far in advance are kick off times usually changed? I want to sort train tickets out for this one but I can't see it remaining as a 3pm kick off, not that moving it to 12:30 did anything to stop there being trouble at our place.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Grimsby Away
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2017, 04:52:30 pm by silent majority »
How far in advance are kick off times usually changed? I want to sort train tickets out for this one but I can't see it remaining as a 3pm kick off, not that moving it to 12:30 did anything to stop there being trouble at our place.

What trouble was that Dave? I know certain things were reported on here but that doesn't line up with the Police version of events.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2017, 04:56:24 pm by DaveDRFC »
I was in town afterwards with a mate and saw a large group trying to force themselves into the Frenchgate through a load of security guys, wasn't a great thing to see, people throwing pint glasses etc. This was at the entrance near the Tut n Shive, around 5pm I think. Before this we had been chatting to a bloke in the Corner Pin who had just got off a train and he said there was quite a bit of trouble on the platform, but I didn't see any of that myself.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 18, 2017, 07:11:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
wasn't KO moved last time because Sheffield Wednesday were playing Rotherham and Millwall were at Scunny?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 18, 2017, 07:14:09 pm by DaveDRFC »
I think you might be right. Don't think there are any games local to Grimsby on the same day, unless Hull use the same police force?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2017, 09:12:23 pm by ravenrover »
Just get an early train, no problems either way

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2017, 11:39:07 am by DaveDRFC »
Just get an early train, no problems either way

And risk spending any longer in Grimsby / Cleethorpes than I have to? No thanks!! :)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2017, 12:19:33 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
wasn't KO moved last time because Sheffield Wednesday were playing Rotherham and Millwall were at Scunny?

Probably explains all the Durham police that were drafted in then.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2017, 01:23:16 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
There will be an R'sonists game that day Dave if you fancy it

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2017, 02:13:26 pm by Albert Trousers »

What trouble was that Dave? I know certain things were reported on here but that doesn't line up with the Police version of events.
There was a full blown punch up outside car park 3 about 10 minutes after the final whistle that stopped traffic for a good 5 minutes with no police anywhere near, however they were parked in riot vans at the bottom of Childers Street counting their money. I'd take what SYP have to say on policing football with a huge pinch of salt as they are f**king rubbish at it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012