Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:18:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Guardian: Sharp £3m move to Leicester City  (Read 2355 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Guardian: Sharp £3m move to Leicester City
« on January 08, 2012, 06:26:16 am by PDX_Rover »
Doncaster Rovers striker Billy Sharp in £3m move to Leicester City

• 'It will be a blow if he goes,' says Doncaster manager
• Leicester activate clause in free-scoring striker's contract

Doncaster Rovers have agreed to sell Billy Sharp to their Championship rivals Leicester City for a fee believed to be in the region of £3m.

The 25-year-old, who has scored 10 goals this season, was left out of the Doncaster squad for the 2-0 FA Cup third-round defeat by Notts County at the Keepmoat Stadium. Sharp joined in a club-record £1.15m deal from Sheffield United in July 2010.

The Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has activated a clause in Sharp's contract, with the former Sheffield United player now due to discuss personal terms with the Foxes.

A statement on the Doncaster website said: \"Rovers can confirm that a fee has been agreed between ourselves and Leicester City for striker Billy Sharp.\"

Regarding Sharp's future, the Doncaster manager, Dean Saunders, said: \"It's up to Billy. It will be a blow if he goes but it's not completely decided. He may decide to stay or someone else may come in for him.\"

Sharp began his career at Bramall Lane and also played for Rushden & Diamonds before a successful spell with Scunthorpe, where he scored 53 goals in 82 league appearances, which prompted a return to the Blades.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
28k a week.....
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2012, 06:29:18 am by PDX_Rover »
Money-bags Leicester City are ready to make Billy Sharp one of the Championship’s highest paid players with a deal that could earn him more than £5million over three-and-a-half years.

The Foxes are set to snap up Doncaster hitman Sharp this month, hoping that he’ll shoot them into the Premier League as quickly as possible. If he succeeds he will hit the jackpot.

Sharp, 25, has hit 10 goals for lowly Rovers this term, and averaged more than a goal every other game.

If Rovers, as expected, accept City’s £3million offer, then Sharp will win a contract until June 2015, worth nearly £28,000 a week, and rising to nearer £40,000 a week in the Premier League.He will also be guaranteed a £200,000 signing-on fee.

Sharp will be offered a Premiership retention bonus of £250,000, payable at the end of each season that top flight status is assured.

Tazemma

• Forum Member
Re: 28k a week.....
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2012, 06:56:06 am by Tazemma »
And this is why Billy will move. Fantastic dal for the lad and who could blame him.

Thanks for everything and good luck for the future you deserve your shot at the big time.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2012, 08:31:03 am by PaulRover08 »
If those figures are true its an absolute no brainer

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2012, 08:41:08 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Nobody can fauly Billy for leaving, the money on offer is crazy and you wouldn't hold it against anyone.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2012, 09:15:16 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"PDX_Rover\" post=209756
Money-bags Leicester City are ready to make Billy Sharp one of the Championship’s highest paid players with a deal that could earn him more than £5million over three-and-a-half years.

The Foxes are set to snap up Doncaster hitman Sharp this month, hoping that he’ll shoot them into the Premier League as quickly as possible. If he succeeds he will hit the jackpot.

Sharp, 25, has hit 10 goals for lowly Rovers this term, and averaged more than a goal every other game.

If Rovers, as expected, accept City’s £3million offer, then Sharp will win a contract until June 2015, worth nearly £28,000 a week, and rising to nearer £40,000 a week in the Premier League.He will also be guaranteed a £200,000 signing-on fee.

Sharp will be offered a Premiership retention bonus of £250,000, payable at the end of each season that top flight status is assured.

If those figures are true the we need to negotiate a generous sell on clause and add on`s, i.e. another £500K if they reach the premiership during his contract

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2012, 09:46:37 am by NickDRFC »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=209793

If those figures are true the we need to negotiate a generous sell on clause and add on`s, i.e. another £500K if they reach the premiership during his contract

If they meet the release clause then we are in no position to negotiate :facepalm:

washyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Guardian: Sharp £3m move to Leicester City
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2012, 10:00:52 am by washyrover »
Lets hope 3m could become 4m but take the money billy who knows if he would ever get the same chance .He is a great player player for us and never let us down shame for him to go been great watching him go in peace billy true rovers legend.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2012, 10:04:20 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"NickDRFC\" post=209799
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=209793

If they meet the release clause then we are in no position to negotiate :facepalm:

Why not, is it a \"release\" clause or just a figure to allow Billy to talk to them, we don`t know, but I`m sure that there will be finer details to work out, Leicester might want to pay in instalments and we might want it all up front, i`m sure those details won`t be in the clause, in my opinion there`s still room for negotiation

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2012, 10:12:30 am by SiBo »
Except it's not £3m clause is it so how accurate are rest of figures and really whose business are the figures except billy's?  Local journalists who will all speak regularly off the record to agents and players etc are reporting around £1.85m while a national paper based in London who is probably getting this story via an agency whose background checks amount to a quick Google search is saying £3m. I know whose information I'd say is most credible?

Filo fear you maybe clutching at straws with the room to negotiate point, anyone who triggers the clause can speak to Billy. If Billy wants to go the club can't then ask more or him? How pissed off would that make him? Yes agree add ons and clauses etc would have to be ironed out but basically once the clause has been triggered, a fee has been agreed. The rest is just semantics and would not stop a transfer.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2012, 10:30:10 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"SiBo\" post=209808
Except it's not £3m clause is it so how accurate are rest of figures and really whose business are the figures except billy's?  Local journalists who will all speak regularly off the record to agents and players etc are reporting around £1.85m while a national paper based in London who is probably getting this story via an agency whose background checks amount to a quick Google search is saying £3m. I know whose information I'd say is most credible?

Filo fear you maybe clutching at straws with the room to negotiate point, anyone who triggers the clause can speak to Billy. If Billy wants to go the club can't then ask more or him? How pissed off would that make him? Yes agree add ons and clauses etc would have to be ironed out but basically once the clause has been triggered, a fee has been agreed. The rest is just semantics and would not stop a transfer.

So as we know, a fee has been agreed, how they pay that fee probably has n`t, say Leicester want to pay in instalments over say 18 months, (£100k a month if the rumoured fee is correct) but we want it in full because of our financial situation, if that can`t be agreed then the deal collapses!

On another note regarding this agreed fee, Saunders said Billy could n`t play yesterday because a fee had been agreed, now I may be being a bit thick here, but Billy is still contracted to us to play football, until a transfer is completed, how can another club dictate to us when we can`t select our own player?

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2012, 10:36:44 am by SiBo »
Except a deal wouldn't collapse in reality because once that clause has been triggered, contractually the club is obliged to Billy to make that happen. Trust me I want him to stay as much as anyone, were screwed without him, but ultimately if the clause has been activated and Billy wants to go, Billy will go.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2012, 11:03:28 am by Rios »

This is one of the problems with internet forums.  Some halfwit on Leicesters board has plucked those figures out the air and now they're all over the place as \"fact\".  I've seen that £28k figure all over the place now and I bet it's as near the truth as I am looking like Brad Pitt.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2012, 11:17:16 am by RobTheRover »
See much of Jennifer these days?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012