Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:39:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre Season Friendlies  (Read 4656 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Pre Season Friendlies
« Reply #30 on June 08, 2022, 12:27:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The Huddersfield game is a good one, Rotherham too. It’s quite well structured but does miss a glamour fixture. The main thing is that the squad is ready for the first game of the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 08, 2022, 07:38:43 am by The Beast »
I don't think they're that bad, not reet bothered about getting humiliated by Rorherham again, had enough of that last season.
Don't think it's that easy to get a so called glamour tie these days, the big clubs have their own agenda, usually involving going to the the other side of the world to play for millions of pounds.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 08, 2022, 08:49:42 am by drfchound »
My concern is how will it affect the confidence of the team if we do get battered by Rotherham a few days before the start of the season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 08, 2022, 09:14:38 am by Campsall rover »
Why will we get hammered by Rotherham in a friendly?

So they have just got promoted to the Championship and that means we will get hammered does it.

I seriously have heard some rubbish on this thread.

They are pre season friendlies to get the team match fit and work on game structure.
The results are totally irrelevant. Totally.

I can remember not winning any pre season friendlies ( except the local game ) and getting promoted.
I can also remember having excellent results in pre season against teams in a higher division and then getting relegated.

Huddersfield and Rotherham will be good tests and if we lose 3-0, 4-0 or even
5-0 so be it.
We might though win 2-1 Who knows what the scores will be, they are friendlies it is not important, it seriously isn’t.
What is important is we have just about a totally fully match fit squad raring to go on 30th July. That’s what is important.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 08, 2022, 09:17:41 am by Colemans Left Hook »
What a pathetic load of posts from some.  Moan Moan Moan.
Professional moaners, not real supporters. Embarrassing.

Good set of fixtures imo. Well thought out. We have Rotherham and Huddersfield. Are they non league? News to me if they are.
Who do people want to play? Top Premier league sides and get beat 6-0 what will we learn from that?

It is a steady progression of games ending in a game at FC United which is a decent game to finish pre season.

Firstly "Good Moaning" ( as the Froggie said on 'ello 'ello) to all our professional doomsters.

I have just come up with a collective name for the moaners"  THE MISERATI "   as opposed to the "Illuminati"

I propose since-1991 as there leader

i just entered " is moaning a hobby " into google

and found others have thought of it as a "hobby"
------------

My conclusion is we should respect " moaning " as a hobby

there isn't an official society as yet but we certainly have "talented" members on the site

There are even special birthday cards out there

anyhow enjoy the rest of the "moaning"

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0210/4540/products/pigment_cards083_1024x1024.png?v=1504686353
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 09:20:01 am by Colemans Left Hook »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 08, 2022, 09:34:02 am by ravenrover »
The Froggie was an udercover English bloke hence the terrible accent

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 08, 2022, 10:23:37 am by drfchound »

So they have just got promoted to the Championship and that means we will get hammered does it.

They are pre season friendlies to get the team match fit and work on game structure.

I can remember not winning any pre season friendlies ( except the local game ) and getting promoted.
I can also remember having excellent results in pre season against teams in a higher division and then getting relegated.

5-0 so be it.
We might though win 2-1 Who knows what the scores will be, they are friendlies it is not important, it seriously isn’t.
What is important is we have just about a totally fully match fit squad raring to go on 30th July. That’s what is important.

Camps, I didn’t say we would get battered by Rotherham.
I did say I am concerned about what it might do to team confidence if we do.
I would expect  Huddersfield to be too good for us and win comfortably.
Of course I know that pre season games are about fitness but surely you can agree that it would affect confidence if we did get a stuffing a few days before the season starts and we have got stuffed by Rotherham a  couple of times of late.
You always say that you are allowed an opinion so how can you say that my concern is rubbish.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 08, 2022, 10:29:15 am by roversdude »
When are the players back for training?

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 08, 2022, 04:59:36 pm by Surrey Rover »
According to the interview with Dylan Thompson on the official website they are back in next week.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 08, 2022, 05:18:13 pm by roversdude »
Thanks Surrey

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 08, 2022, 06:25:17 pm by tyke1962 »
Yeh I remember last pre season a club only  a few miles from my house thinking it was a cracking idea to play Manchester City a week before the season started .

Mahrez , Ake , Dias , Cancello and Fernandihno were in the starting eleven with the rest made up of the best crop of development players you are likely to see .

There was absolutely no point to it in my opinion unless you count 15% possession of the ball , chasing shadows for 90 minutes and lucky to only to concede five goals .

Your friendlies seem pretty good in my opinion , some early games in the legs against minor opponents and then stepping up to better quality opponents as the season draws nearer .

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 08, 2022, 06:46:13 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Playing at least one bigger game gives the team experience in using the ball well when they have very little possession. You could come against a side like this in the cup games.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 08, 2022, 06:51:55 pm by roversdude »
As long as the bigger team doesn’t resort to taking out our players as has happened in the past

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 08, 2022, 07:42:22 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Then our team needs to take out their players if that happens, stick together as one.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 08, 2022, 07:48:48 pm by roversdude »
Too late when they’re crocked Sammy

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 08, 2022, 09:19:12 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
You would expect teams lower down to do the ‘crocking!, weird a higher league player has anything to gain from doing it .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 09, 2022, 01:43:10 am by Campsall rover »

5-0 so be it.

Camps, I didn’t say we would get battered by Rotherham.
I did say I am concerned about what it might do to team confidence if we do.
I would expect  Huddersfield to be too good for us and win comfortably.
Of course I know that pre season games are about fitness but surely you can agree that it would affect confidence if we did get a stuffing a few days before the season starts and we have got stuffed by Rotherham a  couple of times of late.
You always say that you are allowed an opinion so how can you say that my concern is rubbish.
hound i wasn’t having a go at you. Your not one of the professional moaners. So apologies if you think i was.
When i posted about Rotherham I didn’t actually realise it was you who said we might get battered.

Yes it wouldn’t be great if we did get beaten heavily but don’t forget they are 2 divisions above us so I do not think it would do much harm to confidence. Looking at it positively if we got a good result then that would be a confidence booster.
Pre season isn’t a results business, it is primarily a match fitness exercise.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 09, 2022, 09:36:02 am by selby »
 A play off final team in Huddersfield will be by far our hardest game not Rotherham who will be everyone's  easy game in the Championship this season.
  Rotherham would be better off letting us have the ball all the game and practicing chasing the ball which is what they will be doing the most of next season.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 02, 2022, 01:20:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
bump

Just checked todays date and it's July 2nd  :thumbsup:

which means ................................

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 02, 2022, 05:01:37 pm by graingrover »
I used to think that the usual WUMs on here should spend an hour with Copps to change their negative mindset but then realized they probably  LIVE in the same attitude throughout their daily life. It's just best to pity but to ignore

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 03, 2022, 09:09:48 am by steve@dcfd »
The next Saturday we play Nuneaton we will hope that more of the first team squad can take part. GMC said that there were more Trialists available but were not ready to play yesterday so we will see what they bring and it what positions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012