Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 12:09:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not worried  (Read 5417 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Not worried
« Reply #30 on September 09, 2023, 05:42:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
That’s changed from the first games. Sotana and Roberts get little time now. I assume he’s seen what a circus act the defensive options are so needs to protect them. As a result we are solid but slow and unimaginative. Our set pieces have improved and he uses these to generate opportunities. We are not quick enough without our wide players and these never play.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 05:48:34 pm by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 09, 2023, 05:46:51 pm by dickos1 »
We had TWO shots on target today. That tells you a lot.

It tells u nothing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 09, 2023, 05:54:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It tells u nothing

Given our rate of conceding goals, it tells you both had to go in to have a decent chance of picking up a point.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 09, 2023, 06:05:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

It tells u nothing

the current definition of "on target" is a total load of $hite   just as the definition of " carbon neutral " etc   is   

the reporters  have an orgasm every time they can say a team didn't have a shot on target

has the word "chances"    as in "a team had chances" been invented yet ?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 09, 2023, 06:05:43 pm by Iberian Red »
We played alright today, so I am not going to slate the performance. But there is a clear problem.

We look like a squad full of young, naive kids who have too many mistakes in them and take too many bad decisions. We're just 3-5% off the opposition every week in terms of decisions and being clinical.

Even our bigger players seem to go over like daisies in a breeze in this league

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 09, 2023, 06:08:04 pm by Iberian Red »
Did you watch it? Or a case of bbc stats?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 09, 2023, 06:12:28 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

i think we should rename the bbc stats "the BBC Doomsday Stats"   they do what they say on the tin

the aim is to devalue a teams performance at a stroke.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 09, 2023, 06:15:11 pm by dickos1 »

It tells u nothing

Given our rate of conceding goals, it tells you both had to go in to have a decent chance of picking up a point.

Well we had a dubious goal disallowed, Anderson missed a sitter from 5 yards, faal decided to shoot instead of rolling it to molyneux for a tap in, we had a corner that bounced on the 6 yard line,
We created some good opportunities today, but by your reckoning if we’d had 3 or 4 shots from 40 yards on target that the keeper put his hat on it would’ve been a much better performance

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 09, 2023, 06:17:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Did their keeper have to make a save?

Lawlor made several including two very good double saves.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 09, 2023, 06:19:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It tells u nothing

Well we had a dubious goal disallowed, Anderson missed a sitter from 5 yards, faal decided to shoot instead of rolling it to molyneux for a tap in, we had a corner that bounced on the 6 yard line,
We created some good opportunities today, but by your reckoning if we’d had 3 or 4 shots from 40 yards on target that the keeper put his hat on it would’ve been a much better performance

Go on. I'll bite. What dubious goal did we have disallowed?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 09, 2023, 06:21:05 pm by tyke1962 »
The lad Olowu is a real conundrum isn't he ?

He actually did some decent things today , a couple of times he read the game very well and came across and dealt with the potential danger .

Then inexplicably he'll let the ball run under his feet , he clearly lacks concentration and there's a definite mistake in him just waiting to happen .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 09, 2023, 06:22:55 pm by scawsby steve »

i think we should rename the bbc stats "the BBC Doomsday Stats"   they do what they say on the tin

It doesn't need the BBC to devalue our performances. You can't argue with stats. We have a squad with several players of good technical ability. However, collectively, we're a team of losers.

Why that is, no-one seems to know, or what can be done to change it.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 09, 2023, 06:23:25 pm by ncRover »
We had 0.72 xG to Wrexham’s 1.43 xG

But even then that doesn’t account for things like poor final balls.

We had more possession v league favourites away from home.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 09, 2023, 06:24:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
That’s how the game ended. They had x2 our goals.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 09, 2023, 06:24:56 pm by dickos1 »

It tells u nothing

There was only one disallowed goal

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 09, 2023, 06:27:48 pm by dickos1 »
Compare todays performance with ones from last season at paces like Salford, Stevenage, Carlisle etc and it’s night and day
We’re having a go at sides rather than just sitting back and hoping

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 09, 2023, 06:36:39 pm by TonySoprano »
I'm not worried about going down, because I think we've too good a squad for that to happen.

My worry is of a different concern. We look like a half decent mid-table League 2 team, and I'm concerned that we could be for a few years, which would be a disaster for attendances and ST sales.

How do we stop this? Is Terry going to put even more money in next season to get us the quality we so obviously need to become a promotion side? Is he even going to put any more money in?

At the moment, we're a team that just doesn't seem to know how to be successful.
THATS what I'm worried about, did brammall chuck a few quid in because of fan pressure ? Did mcann buy that? I think the fans have.
What happens next summer or january when we need signings again ? Is this investment going to be sustained, or will he close his wallett again ?
Will mcann walk as a result ?

What's the plan going forward ?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 09, 2023, 06:40:19 pm by EasyforDennis »

Yes I did watch it. Some people need to get a reality check. It's not "It will be alright on the night"
We have played 7 games scoring 5 goals and conceded 14
In those 7 games we have only scored ONE goal in the first 45 minutes. We cannot score and we can't defend.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 09, 2023, 06:47:08 pm by dickos1 »

Yes I did watch it. Some people need to get a reality check. It's not "It will be alright on the night"
In those 7 games we have only scored ONE goal in the first 45 minutes. We cannot score and we can't defend.

39 games to go.
No reason why we can’t do what Stockport did last season.
Bet they had a load of negative folk after 10 games last season and ended up in the playoffs

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 09, 2023, 06:49:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
After 7 games last season, Stockport had 3x the amount of points we have.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 09, 2023, 06:57:50 pm by dickos1 »
After 10 games they had 8 points, we’ve still 3 games to get to that point.
And they got into the playoffs.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 09, 2023, 07:36:45 pm by RoversInSpain »
The lad Olowu is a real conundrum isn't he ?

He actually did some decent things today , a couple of times he read the game very well and came across and dealt with the potential danger .

Then inexplicably he'll let the ball run under his feet , he clearly lacks concentration and there's a definite mistake in him just waiting to happen .
He’s definitely something beginning with c. Mistakes happen regularly.
Wood and Anderson must hate playing along side him. Olowu makes the entire defensive unit nervous. Wood or Anderson play much better as a sole ‘hefty’ centre half , where they take responsibility.
Oluwu is indecisive, switches off, gets anwfull out of position and flaps. Lawler gave him a right rollicking just prior to Wrexham’s first goal.
His heading ability is dreadful and can only win a header from a cross into our box when an opponent is more than 6 yards away.
Otherwise he stays planted on the floor watching the ball go in our net or will jump with the back of his head facing the ball.
Personally I breath a sigh of relief when he doesn’t start or gets subbed.
The word by the way is ‘crap’
The frustrating thing is we have a young defender who is brave, decisive, heart on sleeve attitude all of which Olowu isn’t, sat on the sidelines.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 09, 2023, 07:44:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

The world we live in when people don't want to take facts as facts. Just accept we're not doing well.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on September 09, 2023, 07:44:49 pm by GazLaz »
Impossible to compare with the Stockport. Their underlying numbers were saying they were one of the best teams in L2 from very early in the season. Ours are saying we are rubbish at this same point. Stockports results improved to align with performances. Our results are a reflection of the performances, albeit we deserve more than 2 points. We have been the worst team in the league over the first 7 games. 

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 09, 2023, 07:50:38 pm by jmt23 »
Tom was also poor today, any high ball and they were in, he couldn’t judge the flight of the ball at all.
Joe did well in the main, getting a foot in to stop breaks, but those mistakes that cost us, like the first goal keep coming. He is beginning to perform like RSW did for us, one minute a world beater, the next, well I will not say.

I would be seething if I was Mcann, I would be demanding an explanation of the rules, and why the referee/ Lino didn’t follow these rules.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 09, 2023, 07:55:55 pm by ravenrover »

It tells u nothing

It tells u nothing

Rightly so he was offside and their defenders had seen the lino flag

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 09, 2023, 08:10:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It tells u nothing

And what was dubious about the decision?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 09, 2023, 08:14:57 pm by jmt23 »
Was Ironside offside or not? I could see that Biggins was, Ironside during the play looked like he has a few Wrexham players in advance of him.

I have not seen the replay yet.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 09, 2023, 08:33:54 pm by BigH »
Well I am worried and until we win a game I’ll continue to be worried.

We lack leadership in midfield which means we can’t control games and are always reacting to what the opposition do. Today’s antidote was to have Westbrooke act as quarterback to get the forwards going which I thought he did well. But he’s not the leader we need.

The irony is that if we had a L2 equivalent of a Roy Keane type then I think we could be quite good. Easier said than done I know.

In the meantime we’ll just keep conceding unless the opposition has a mare.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 09, 2023, 08:35:26 pm by mpc123 »
Next week against forest Green is when we get the first win to kick start the season.

Another full week into them.

Come on Rovers!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012