Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:44:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 375549 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3480 on June 01, 2019, 10:35:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
I didn't answer it because it's a question, the answer to which is so bleeding obvious, I thought you were posing it rhetorically.

Of course it's easier for people from the EU to migrate here than people from outside the EU. As I said, that's one of the requirements of membership of the richest single market in human history.

Happy?
Good.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3481 on June 01, 2019, 10:39:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yes Billy, I'm happy with that answer. I'm not sure NNK will be though, he's been denying it for a day or two.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3482 on June 01, 2019, 10:43:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Right.

Fascinating to see not a peep from any Leave supporter about that Leave.EU video.

Anybody?

Anything to add?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3483 on June 01, 2019, 10:51:10 am by Not Now Kato »
To make business with the rest of the world rather than be shackled to the rules of foreign governments. I know you will say we agreed to the rules but our politicians have been on the Westminster/Brussels gravy train for too long. They would rather appease the faceless ones in ultimate power than look after the British people.
I would love to see a no deal Brexit just for the joy of seeing the German car industry take a massive hit.

More guff from the likes of the daily mail, no substance whatsoever.  So, no tangible benefits, just bile and a hate of them foriners!  Typical Brexiter!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3484 on June 01, 2019, 10:54:16 am by Not Now Kato »
Billy. Do European migrants get preference over non-Europeans regarding entry into the UK?

At the moment we are full members of the EU.  As such there is freedom of movement between all EU countries, them's the rules.  In terms of employment, it is down to the individual employer to determine who to employ and one would hope that employers will pick the best candidate irrespective of race, colour, sex etc.

We, as a nation, benefit from that freedom of movement; both with relevantly skilled Europeans coming here to work and Britons going to EU countries to work or to retire to France, Spain, Italy etc - it's a two way street that benefits all parties, it's not them versus us FFS!  Though the media would have the gullible think otherwise.

That wasn't the question. The question was do EU migrants get preference over non-EU's regarding entry into the UK? The answer is that they do.

I asked your leader the question because you would have believed him more than me. Alas, as usual, he only answers my questions when it suits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45634901

It's nothing to do with preference, it's to do with the rules of freedom of movement within the club.  If you have difficulty in understanding that then there's no help for you.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3485 on June 01, 2019, 10:55:07 am by Not Now Kato »
Yes Billy, I'm happy with that answer. I'm not sure NNK will be though, he's been denying it for a day or two.

Wrong, as usual BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3486 on June 01, 2019, 10:57:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
To make business with the rest of the world rather than be shackled to the rules of foreign governments. I know you will say we agreed to the rules but our politicians have been on the Westminster/Brussels gravy train for too long. They would rather appease the faceless ones in ultimate power than look after the British people.
I would love to see a no deal Brexit just for the joy of seeing the German car industry take a massive hit.

More guff from the likes of the daily mail, no substance whatsoever.  So, no tangible benefits, just bile and a hate of them foriners!  Typical Brexiter!

Aaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd here we go again with the racist card!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3487 on June 01, 2019, 10:59:36 am by Bentley Bullet »

Wrong, as usual BB.

Don't worry about it NNK, at least you admit it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3488 on June 01, 2019, 11:12:21 am by Not Now Kato »

Aaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd here we go again with the racist card!

You are the one who brings up racism on a regular basis BB, do you have some sort of issue?  It's quite clear that my post was questioning AL's motives in taking joy from seeing the German car industry take a massive hit.  The fact that it won't of course shows the bile that AL seems to have against foriners.

And for the avoidance of doubt, (you seem to need things spelling out for some reason), I use the word foriners as a parody of the word foreigners as typical of the expressed attitude of many leave voters I know personally.  But if you want an example of things that incite racism, be my guest....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/16/nigel-farage-defends-ukip-breaking-point-poster-queue-of-migrants

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3489 on June 01, 2019, 11:17:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
The real cause of racism is walking through towns and cities and seeing the hatred and resentment that some foriners show to us. NOT posters.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3490 on June 01, 2019, 11:17:34 am by Not Now Kato »

Wrong, as usual BB.

Don't worry about it NNK, at least you admit it.

It's clear that, notwithstanding any explanation, you just don't get it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3491 on June 01, 2019, 11:18:36 am by Not Now Kato »
The real cause of racism is walking through towns and cities and seeing the hatred and resentment that some foriners show to us. NOT posters.

Really?  Do you have examples you can post?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3492 on June 01, 2019, 11:22:46 am by Bentley Bullet »
Go round Donny town centre and see for yourself.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3493 on June 01, 2019, 11:26:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe it's just you they show hatred and resentment to BB. I've never seen it shown to me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3494 on June 01, 2019, 11:31:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe it's all them £20 notes you keep giving them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3495 on June 01, 2019, 03:05:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What 'massive hit' are they going to take? Lose sales in the UK because their cars are going to be more expensive here? I'm sure the extra sales they'll make in 27 other countries because UK manufactured cars are going to be more expensive in those countries will help dry their tears.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3496 on June 02, 2019, 08:25:43 am by wilts rover »

This country is vastly overpopulated. FACT
Getting rid of people who shouldn't be here should the first step in putting this right and returning this country into a green and pleasant land it once was, rather than the grey, concrete, scum ridden, shithole it has become thanks to the likes of Tony Blair teaching us all a lesson.

Is this the green and pleasant land you were thinking of returning us back to?

He who turns to the left here from the main street, Long Millgate, is lost; he wanders from one court to another, turns countless corners, passes nothing but narrow, filthy nooks and alleys, until after a few minutes he has lost all clue, and knows not whither to turn. Everywhere half or wholly ruined buildings, some of them actually uninhabited, which means a great deal here; rarely a wooden or stone floor to be seen in the houses, almost uniformly broken, ill-fitting windows and doors, and a state of filth! Everywhere heaps of debris, refuse, and offal; standing pools for gutters, and a stench which alone would make it impossible for a human being in any degree civilised to live in such a district.

Frederick Engels - The Condition of the Working-Class in England in 1844

Well it's getting less green by the day as we rush to build more and more housing due to the unsustainable population growth.
The population crisis no-one wants to talk about which is an even bigger issue than Brexit. You only have to look at the rape of Auckley/Finningley by the builders. How much wildlife has been made homeless by the Amazon monstrosity?

I think you will find that there is a heck of a lot of discussion going on about the effect of population growth, health, housing, social care etc - you must be reading the wrong newspapers/websites.

But what has where new houses/industries are built got to do with the EU? There are 600000 empty houses in the UK because of property speculators and people with 2nd or 3rd homes. That's UK law and nothing to do with Brussels.
https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/property/a25261859/vacant-homes-england/

Same with Amazon. Sweden doesn't allow Amazon to operate from Sweden because they want to promote and protect local business. Sweden is in the EU. If the UK government prefers a multi-national organisation to under-cut local shops and business whilst only paying a minimal amount of tax, that's down to the UK government.
https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-amazon-competition-ecommerce/

Why do you think there will be less building and greater environmental protection if we leave the EU? People like Farage and Johnson have already said they want to scrap EU environmental regulation and allow more house building.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/926940/Brexit-news-eu-laws-scrapped-Oliver-Letwin-European-Union

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3497 on June 02, 2019, 10:11:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Not a word about this then? No-one bothered about Farage's mob considering their supporters to be just fodder to be lied to and manipulated?

Lads.

Do you have ANY idea how much contempt Farage has for you and your intelligence? How he and his paymasters think you are so f**king dense that they can fire off any shite at you and you will swallow it?

Here's the latest. They've given up any pretence at subtlety and are simply lying straight out at you now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1134443104336003073

Watch that video clip.

It looks shocking doesn't it?

Hidden cameras catching Barnier unawares, talking about how they planned to use Ireland as a negotiating tool to get the deal they want.

The f**king nasty, evil, devious French Kitson.

Except.

Yeah, except that video was doctored from a recent documentary.

One that DIDN'T have hidden cameras. One where Barnier was filmed totally openly.

Someone at Arron Banks/Nigel Farage's Leave.EU has edited it to make it look like hidden cameras.

But they haven't edited the words.  Barnier DID say exactly that. What they HAVE done is to cut out the bit where Barnier is saying that when they go into the negotiations they expected the BRITISH to use Ireland as a negotiating tool to get the deal they want.

Stop and think.

Why in God's name do you think they are doing this? Lying, openly and unashamedly. Presenting what looks like facts which are actually the total reverse.

Why do you think they are thinking YOU, you personally, and your mates who support Brexit are so f**king stupid that you will swallow this? Why they think you are so f**king thick that you will just accept this and not realise you're being lied to?

This is beyond partisanship now. This is beyond laughing off. If you see this and STILL support these people, you really do not care about truth and honesty. Support them if you want, but accept what it makes you.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:21:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3498 on June 02, 2019, 07:14:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Farage still going on about insurance based healthcare. Yeah, let's do the thing that bankrupts people in America and people avoid going for healthcare because of the cost implications. Let's not look at which countries have the best health records.

Ann Widdecombe is today hoping science can explain homosexuality and who knows, we might find a cure?

Sam Gyimah sounding like the sanest Tory member around at the moment. Nothings getting through so to break the impasse we have a two stage vote. Remain or Leave then the different types of Leave if that wins. This should have been done from day 1.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3499 on June 02, 2019, 08:00:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Eh well. I see it didn't take long in the spotlight for this stupid bigoted idiot to remind us of her idiotic bigoted stupidity did it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48491731

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3500 on June 02, 2019, 09:04:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, talking about objective truth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48491602

So let me see.

Trump lies about what he said in a recorded interview.

Farage's organisation puts out demonstrably lying tweets about EU negotiators.

Johnson has made a career of lying about everything from EU bananas to £350m/week.

Trump thinks Farage and Johnson should be the ones running the country.

Do you see a pattern here?

Anyone?

Or, more to the point, do you actually care?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3501 on June 03, 2019, 09:10:31 am by MachoMadness »
No, BST, they don't. Winning is the only thing that matters.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3502 on June 03, 2019, 03:05:32 pm by foxbat »
As the titanic goes down the band strikes up one last chorus of :

we won - you lost get over it.
they need us more than we need them ( pause for laughter )
the German car industry will crumble from the massive hit
( on the less than 7% of German car sales to the uk )

a truly pitiful sight.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3503 on June 03, 2019, 05:31:15 pm by Sprotyrover »
Actually it’s 14% of all German Car Production not 7 % get your facts right !

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3504 on June 03, 2019, 06:39:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Actually it’s 14% of all German Car Production not 7 % get your facts right !

What percentage of German car sales is it though? That's the figure that foxbat was talking about.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3505 on June 03, 2019, 07:45:40 pm by Sprotyrover »
It’s 14% of the entire motor car production of the German car industry

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3506 on June 03, 2019, 07:48:13 pm by Sprotyrover »
1 in 7 Cars manufactured in Germany are sold to the UK

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3507 on June 03, 2019, 08:29:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

That's correct, but you need a little context.

The entire EU car exports to the UK amount to about 0.15% of the EU27 GDP.

Britain's car exports to the EU, on the other hand amount to about 0.5% of our GDP.

The EU can take a hit on that trade far better than we can. And here's the really important fact. The EU economy would suffer far more by compromising the Single Market (which is what the right wing flat-earthers are effectively asking them to do) than they would by losing sales to us. Unless you get that point, you're always going to misunderstand what drives the EU's negotiating stance.

Yes we are important. But we're not THAT important. That's the key.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3508 on June 03, 2019, 08:39:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
That’s interesting, you you don’t get the point I was referring to the effects on the German Car Market. Not the little fish like Austria and the like.
The Germans will take the big hit. So Why are Cretins from the backwoods, ie Luxembourg and Poland calling the shots

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3509 on June 03, 2019, 08:44:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not much point discussing this if you're coming with that attitude.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012