Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:05:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 903186 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13230 on August 03, 2021, 12:05:58 pm by drfchound »
No, it isn’t fully back to normal.
There are still plenty of people wearing masks in shops etc and being wary of putting themselves into crowded areas.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13231 on August 03, 2021, 12:11:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Not the exact age groups hound but here the epidemiologist have labelled the chief spreaders as the 25-40 year olds, when you look at where they have visited they go all over the city hardware, bbq, pet shops, liquor shops, cafes, etc that's probably the main groups that go to the pubs, but not in lockdown of course.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13232 on August 03, 2021, 01:01:59 pm by Ldr »
Syd it’s not over, even when the virus is under some sort of live with it control the fear instilled in people and the media driven divide between the vaccinated and unvaccinated will resonate for years

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13233 on August 03, 2021, 01:11:25 pm by SydneyRover »
Syd it’s not over, even when the virus is under some sort of live with it control the fear instilled in people and the media driven divide between the vaccinated and unvaccinated will resonate for years

Yes, it was a bit tongue in cheek but the pubs and entertainment areas so described by bp and HA are a bit of a concern, I just hope the majority of them are vaccinated.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13234 on August 03, 2021, 01:37:21 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Shops is a different matter. In my local shops and supermarkets virtually everyone is wearing a mask. Young and old.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13235 on August 03, 2021, 02:55:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shops is a different matter. In my local shops and supermarkets virtually everyone is wearing a mask. Young and old.

Likewise here, though when I visited the dome Asda last week it was less of a proportion I'd say than edenthorpes supermarkets.

I'd say we are not far from normal and to be where we are with no great case growth is very good.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13236 on August 03, 2021, 04:12:44 pm by Metalmicky »
21,691 new cases and 138 deaths today...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13237 on August 03, 2021, 05:17:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The figures have a habit of suggesting a high number of deaths on Tuesdays followed by a low number on Mondays lately.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13238 on August 03, 2021, 05:48:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
From something I heard yesterday, there's been some analysis of the data for hospital admissions and apparently they are counting patients who have gone into hospital for other treatments for other primary conditions who have subsequently tested positive. They reckon this accounts for around 25% of the recent numbers being counted as hospital admissions.

This might explain the sudden rise in admissions at  Donny and other hospitals but the message was not all of those admissions we see on a daily basis are people being admitted due to Covid and are not necessarily being treated for Covid.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13239 on August 03, 2021, 06:16:49 pm by bpoolrover »
Have seen a couple of scientists from Indy sage today seeming to think they might now have got it wrong and numbers won't go up massively now

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13240 on August 03, 2021, 07:44:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have seen a couple of scientists from Indy sage today seeming to think they might now have got it wrong and numbers won't go up massively now

That will be hard for them with their links to the left won't it?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13241 on August 03, 2021, 08:07:55 pm by bpoolrover »
It shows how hard it is to find a balance,follow certain scientists and some lives woukd have been saved probably at the start, follow the same scientists after Christmas and we would still be in pretty much full lockdown

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13242 on August 03, 2021, 11:39:53 pm by dickos1 »
Thanks Dickos

As I understand it, the strategy of the WHO and most of the sensible world is to keep the outbreaks in their countries to a minimum until their population is vaccinated. Thus they will only see 'many more' deaths if they are unable to source vaccines.

Are you suggesting the UK should hold back vaccine supplies to the third world - just so you can say the stats for the UK look better? Because it looks that way.

As you’re aware no I’m not suggesting that.
I’m suggesting their are countries that haven’t reached the peak of deaths yet whereas we are well passed the peak.
Therefore it’s not a worthwhile table as it’s live and changing all the time

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13243 on August 03, 2021, 11:52:19 pm by SydneyRover »
Thanks Dickos

As I understand it, the strategy of the WHO and most of the sensible world is to keep the outbreaks in their countries to a minimum until their population is vaccinated. Thus they will only see 'many more' deaths if they are unable to source vaccines.

Are you suggesting the UK should hold back vaccine supplies to the third world - just so you can say the stats for the UK look better? Because it looks that way.

I’m suggesting their are countries that haven’t reached the peak of deaths yet whereas we are well passed the peak.

All power to you dickos, so we overlook the cock ups and death and wait till the other countries have theirs?

PM: 'We must stop importing variants from abroad'

About a year too late but never mind aye?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13244 on August 04, 2021, 09:10:20 am by Axholme Lion »
Thanks Dickos

All power to you dickos, so we overlook the cock ups and death and wait till the other countries have theirs?

Are you advocating the closing of our borders? I knew you would see sense eventually and want to stop the flow of dingys coming over from France.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13245 on August 04, 2021, 09:46:38 am by dickos1 »
Thanks Dickos

What are you talking about?
You’re very good at changing your argument within an existing argument.
Nobody has suggested their weren’t cock ups, the discussion is about the number of current deaths compared to other countries.
Countries that are all at different stages of the pandemic, so it makes no sense to compare

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13246 on August 04, 2021, 09:47:49 am by SydneyRover »
I thought that was on the other thread dicko? but thanks for fessing up

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13247 on August 04, 2021, 09:50:26 am by dickos1 »
Nope, read the thread spadge

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13248 on August 04, 2021, 09:51:13 am by SydneyRover »
Well, I changed it dicko

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13249 on August 04, 2021, 11:44:03 am by sha66y »
I wanna wear a mask and join a cult !

Was what I overheard in a Leeds Wetherspoon’s….. and that got me thinking about mass societal behaviour sponsored by government…..

Then I had another pint and reminisced

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13250 on August 04, 2021, 04:25:04 pm by River Don »
Infections back on the up?

+1,500 on last week today.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13251 on August 04, 2021, 06:02:57 pm by no eyed deer »

It's not about infection rates!!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13252 on August 04, 2021, 06:08:20 pm by bpoolrover »
The good news is hospitalisations are down 223

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13253 on August 04, 2021, 06:17:52 pm by River Don »

It's not about infection rates!!

I posted without comment.

Hospital cases remains key but is quite low. However the figures lag, so new infections do remain of interest.

New infections are still moderately high. If the numbers have turned then it's something to keep an eye on.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13254 on August 04, 2021, 06:20:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There is a decrease in cases of -13.7% compared to the previous 7 days.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13255 on August 04, 2021, 06:22:47 pm by River Don »
There is a decrease in cases of -13.7% compared to the previous 7 days.

So that rate of decrease is also slowing.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13256 on August 05, 2021, 05:01:25 pm by River Don »
The figures today are back down to the tune of 900 on last week.

Perhaps not rebounding rapidly back up then.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #13257 on August 05, 2021, 07:47:51 pm by KeithMyath »
Does anyone actually read the ONS figures??  Infections are still increasing but slowing down as of last Fridays ONS statement release. Government Daily figures has little bearing on actual infections within the population.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13258 on August 05, 2021, 08:21:50 pm by wilts rover »
If the fall in infection rates means the pandemic will soon be over as some people appear to be indicating
 - why are the government preparing to give everyone booster jabs from next month? Surely that won't now be needed?

If you bother to do some research, I am afraid you wont like the answer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13259 on August 05, 2021, 08:24:04 pm by drfchound »
Could the booster jabs just be an insurance policy though wilts, to help stop people becoming seriously ill if they catch covid.
A bit like the annual flu jab that is available.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012