Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:20:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: barnsley away tickets  (Read 6527 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: barnsley away tickets
« Reply #30 on October 26, 2011, 05:49:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Nothing will ever be done when the majority of Prem teams sell out and the likes of Man utd having to draw a ballot for members who have paid at the start of the season to be put in the draw.

£27 or £15 at Rovers attendances barely change.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 26, 2011, 07:57:06 pm by MrFrost »
My point was, to those not willing to attend because of the price, would you go if we were fighting for promotion rather than against relegation? I wonder how many honest answers we will get......

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 26, 2011, 08:06:33 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=194459
it'll be £30 at the Keepmoat soon.

JR will roll out the \"best team ive ever seen\" and \"these players have dropped down from the premiership and dont come cheap\" quotes

be prepared

get saving up now

We are just over £19 a game if you buy a season ticket, bargain  !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 26, 2011, 08:25:05 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=194501
VSC can we take this up with JR please.......maybe one of those agreed 'we charge the same as you games ie 15-20 sheets'. Both teams are struggling for fans and both have similar economic climates.

Barnsley took a leaf out of our book (and a bad one at that) to charge £30 and to encourage home fans to buy season tickets or pay a 'membership fee' to avoid paying top whack. Once again a cynical attempt to fleece away fans.

However, Barnsley had the good grace to advertise ALL price options at the same time so I would guess the vast majority of their fans are either ST holders or members.

Fleecing their own fans as well Baz. The concession age has gone up from 60 to 65 this year. Nothing like hurting your oldest most loyal fans is there!!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 27, 2011, 06:36:51 am by CusworthRovers »
I like the idea of a mass boycott. If we could actually do that and all mean it I wonder how many clubs would consider lowering their Prices. We would draw national interest and it would no doubt spread. We could be the revolutionaries from South Yorkshire.

National news, Doncaster Rovers fans send no fans to away games in protest and will continue with this stance.

What would away clubs do, have no fans or have enough at a decent price. Obviously as momentum grows this would have a knock on effect on home fans.

Right, that's 'The fan, football and economics' sorted, now I'll have a butchers at the Greek economy

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 27, 2011, 07:19:34 am by ctay »
To answer Mr Frost's question, then no I still wouldnt be going. Its a matter of simple cash (or lack of it!). Dont get me wrong, if I was in a financial position to go to every game no matter of cost, I would.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 27, 2011, 08:04:55 am by Padge_DRFC »
Regarding season tickets, mine works out 11 quid a game (adult one) South Stand Club scout scheme. For everything the club did ie scout scheme pay monthly, cheap in south stand i just wonder where those 3,000 have gone since the first season in the championship. Money is not the case for everyone. Novelty for some.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 27, 2011, 08:14:51 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=194566
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=194501
VSC can we take this up with JR please.......maybe one of those agreed 'we charge the same as you games ie 15-20 sheets'. Both teams are struggling for fans and both have similar economic climates.

Barnsley took a leaf out of our book (and a bad one at that) to charge £30 and to encourage home fans to buy season tickets or pay a 'membership fee' to avoid paying top whack. Once again a cynical attempt to fleece away fans.

However, Barnsley had the good grace to advertise ALL price options at the same time so I would guess the vast majority of their fans are either ST holders or members.

Fleecing their own fans as well Baz. The concession age has gone up from 60 to 65 this year. Nothing like hurting your oldest most loyal fans is there!!

State pension age is 65 years, so does kinda make sense...

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 27, 2011, 11:50:16 am by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=194602
I like the idea of a mass boycott.

It's you and me then Cussie. I'll give the Guardian a ring, see if they'll run with it.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 27, 2011, 12:11:06 pm by vaya »
They should be paying us £30 to go. Lord knows how far the average IQ jumps when we're in town.
Last time I went I was made King due to my knowledge of fire and the written word.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 27, 2011, 12:51:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194544
My point was, to those not willing to attend because of the price, would you go if we were fighting for promotion rather than against relegation? I wonder how many honest answers we will get......

NO, it doesn't matter where in the table we are, I cannot afford let alone justify spending that amount of money because I would want to make a day of it and the total cost will be too much.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 27, 2011, 12:54:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
See you at Upton Park when you can have a day out then.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 27, 2011, 01:06:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=194664
See you at Upton Park when you can have a day out then.

Forest away in March might be the only one I will make and only if I'm working in Derby. If I'm honest if I didn't have a season ticket I would probably not be going to many home games either given the finances at present.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 30, 2011, 09:51:45 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
just 8.9k there yesterday .....sign of the times

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 30, 2011, 10:30:55 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=195485
just 8.9k there yesterday .....sign of the times

That was predicted by the Barnsley faithful, in fairness they see prices and the unfairness of the whole thing as we do.

Talks will be taking place this week about pricing, instigated by the FSF incidently.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 30, 2011, 11:25:46 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
It would be a shame if Barnsley stick to this price. Barnsley away is always a good day out. If I knew there'd be 2000-2500 Rovers there, I'd pay through gritted teeth; but at £30 they'll be lucky to scrape a thousand.

2000 x £20 = £40,000 plus a good atmosphere
1000 x £30 = £30,000 plus a shite atmosphere

Drop yer prices Barnsley :byebye

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 31, 2011, 08:55:37 am by Padge_DRFC »
I gather from this forum, £31 at Ipswich is ok with nobody moaning about that plus the fuel or train fare to get there.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 31, 2011, 09:13:12 am by Dimples-D »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=194602
I like the idea of a mass boycott. If we could actually do that and all mean it I wonder how many clubs would consider lowering their Prices. We would draw national interest and it would no doubt spread. We could be the revolutionaries from South Yorkshire.

National news, Doncaster Rovers fans send no fans to away games in protest and will continue with this stance.

What would away clubs do, have no fans or have enough at a decent price. Obviously as momentum grows this would have a knock on effect on home fans.

Right, that's 'The fan, football and economics' sorted, now I'll have a butchers at the Greek economy

A mass boycott would be brilliant and would probably work. But it wont happen. For several hundred Rovers fans football is like a drug, they are addicted and can't help but go to away games. I am not one of them but I do understand. I think in 10 years time when the prices have become obscene that many football fans are going to have massive credit card debts just because of their addiction to football.
I have said it before, I was priced out of being loyal many years ago.
Rovers til I can't afford it.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 31, 2011, 09:28:51 am by German Rover »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194544

I'll be perfectly frank, no. Its not the club I loved any more.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 31, 2011, 10:48:25 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=195517
I gather from this forum, £31 at Ipswich is ok with nobody moaning about that plus the fuel or train fare to get there.

Actually no, I'm going to Barnsley but Ipswich will be the first I'll miss this season, £31 plus travel, food, drink etc is just not worth it.  A shame, but for that money I can do better things with it really.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 31, 2011, 11:14:14 am by SkellowRover »
For tickets alone it would cost me (Adult, OAP & 2 16 year olds) £84 so by the end of the day i would be looking at around £120 in total with everything else added on, so i will be sadly missing watching us at Oakwell for the first time in the 32 years i've supported the club as i can not justify paying that.
If you think that is bad it would cost me £116 just for tickets to watch us when we go to Bellend Road!!!!!

stoxy001

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 31, 2011, 12:27:40 pm by stoxy001 »
I'm going, it was a cracking day out last season.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on October 31, 2011, 02:59:47 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=195517

No it isn't and Leeds is overpriced as well. Anything over £20 is too much but £15 is more realistic. Unless football as a business gets it's collective head from up it's arse I can't see anything changing except lower crowds and more Clubs on the brink of financial ruin.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 31, 2011, 03:06:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I don't expect another team to sell the away end out at the Keepmoat this season. Maybe Birmingham or Leicester City at a push. Barnsley won't at 27 quid.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012