Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:44:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bad news on it's way?  (Read 12413 times)

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Bad news on it's way?
« Reply #30 on October 27, 2011, 07:45:37 am by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=194593
I've seen nothing more mystic that the type of cold reading that 'psychics' use. No details and nobody remembers the wrong guesses, just the right ones.

Well I tell you something, if he gave me some Lotto numbers I'd be tempted to stick a quid on it. There actually was other stuff but it was done through PM or deleted posts and I've only even posted the remarks I have because they're still available online to read. I wouldn't betray confidences even if they did come from \"a dingle\"

I didn't post the link that started this topic, neither did Skellow or Hoola. We've been quite happy (maybe happy isn't the right word but I can't think of a better one at the moment) discussing this elsewhere. Whether we liked it or not none of us have done a Newcastle fan and chucked our season tickets into the Don, stopped our lottery payments or our alliance payments. None of us made a big thing about it, not even \"the dingle\" The world of Doncaster Rovers didn't implode because some information was leaked, its only when it hit this board it escalated. Just because certain board members didn't want to accept that aybe there were 2 sides to a story and can't even do that in a civil way Skellow was told he knew nothing, I was told to \"try harder\"

U support the club even if I think the current idea is the biggest mistake ever. I'll be there on Saturday and Tuesday (I'd have liked to have been at Ipswich but its that or Barnsley I can't afford both) And I hope to god that what \"the dingle\" is predicting isn't true.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 27, 2011, 07:47:33 am by VixDRFC »
I meant I not U - I need to get a new keyboard :cry:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 27, 2011, 07:57:47 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"VixDRFC\" post=194612
I've seen nothing more mystic that the type of cold reading that 'psychics' use. No details and nobody remembers the wrong guesses, just the right ones.

Well I tell you something, if he gave me some Lotto numbers I'd be tempted to stick a quid on it. There actually was other stuff but it was done through PM or deleted posts and I've only even posted the remarks I have because they're still available online to read. I wouldn't betray confidences even if they did come from \"a dingle\"

I didn't post the link that started this topic, neither did Skellow or Hoola. We've been quite happy (maybe happy isn't the right word but I can't think of a better one at the moment) discussing this elsewhere. Whether we liked it or not none of us have done a Newcastle fan and chucked our season tickets into the Don, stopped our lottery payments or our alliance payments. None of us made a big thing about it, not even \"the dingle\" The world of Doncaster Rovers didn't implode because some information was leaked, its only when it hit this board it escalated. Just because certain board members didn't want to accept that aybe there were 2 sides to a story and can't even do that in a civil way Skellow was told he knew nothing, I was told to \"try harder\"

U support the club even if I think the current idea is the biggest mistake ever. I'll be there on Saturday and Tuesday (I'd have liked to have been at Ipswich but its that or Barnsley I can't afford both) And I hope to god that what \"the dingle\" is predicting isn't true.

Somewhat selective in your memory aren't you?

To quote Skellowrover in one of his earlier posts.

Perhaps he is referring to the fact you're a cnut who jumps down the throat of people with opinions that differ to yours, or have you forgotten the time you got personal with me and i asked you to say it to my face the following Saturday to which you scurried back to your hole like the keyboard warrior you are?

You are just an opinionated 2hat who refuses to accept anyones opinion that differs to yours without belittling them, and yes i will gladly tell you this to your face on Saturday if you want mucker?\"

Very civilised reply that wasn't it?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 27, 2011, 08:02:11 am by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"VixDRFC\" post=194613

There you go Logitech  wireless keyboard and mouse £19.99 Maplins

http://www.maplin.co.uk/logitech-wireless-desktop-mk260--517263         :P

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 27, 2011, 08:07:05 am by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=194614

Perhaps he is referring to the fact you're a cnut who jumps down the throat of people with opinions that differ to yours, or have you forgotten the time you got personal with me and i asked you to say it to my face the following Saturday to which you scurried back to your hole like the keyboard warrior you are?

You are just an opinionated 2hat who refuses to accept anyones opinion that differs to yours without belittling them, and yes i will gladly tell you this to your face on Saturday if you want mucker?\"

Err where did I mention you in the less than civil replies, I was talking in general.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 27, 2011, 08:07:47 am by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=194617

Do they work with netbooks?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 27, 2011, 08:07:53 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=194597
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=194596
What if the Thurnscoe Prophet worked back room for BBC Dee Dah?  Just a suggestion.

Much more likely to be somebody behind the scenes at the Keepmoat who can't keep their big gob shut!

And they blab to a dingle!

We've said it before to JR and we might have to repeat it on Saturday, look for the enemy within!

So are you saying their is truth in this?

If so I suggest the club go public as soon as possible otherwise rubbish the rumours?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 27, 2011, 08:11:37 am by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"VixDRFC\" post=194620
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=194617

Do they work with netbooks?

Suppose so if its got a usb port, that keyboard set has a tiny little bit what goes into a usb to pick the signal up and as its plug n play I would presume so

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 27, 2011, 08:19:01 am by SkellowRover »

Almost as civilised as some of the insults you have thrown at others that don't have the same opinion as yourself. The difference is that if i call you something on here then i have no problem being a man and saying it to to their face whereas you my dear are just an attention seeking keyboard warrior that insults people and only has the balls to hide behind his pc while he does it.
A few weeks ago you were acting the 'typical keyboard warrior' on here and started to insult me, as soon as i asked you to man up and say those things to my face the following Saturday you told me to 'grow up' and scurried off back down your hole very quickly, even though you were the one that needed to grow up as you were acting like a child belittling others that never shared your opinion.
You are quickly getting a reputation on here similar to the likes of Carling on the old VSC, instead of belittling and insulting people that opinions differ to yours maybe you should engage your brain before typing, maybe that way a number of people on here might not regard you as a cowardly arsehole in future.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 27, 2011, 08:25:15 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"VixDRFC\" post=194619

Err where did I mention you in the less than civil replies, I was talking in general.

You was talking in general and yet naming names?

errr I don't think so.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 27, 2011, 08:28:35 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=194626

Almost as civilised as some of the insults you have thrown at others that don't have the same opinion as yourself. The difference is that if i call you something on here then i have no problem being a man and saying it to to their face whereas you my dear are just an attention seeking keyboard warrior that insults people and only has the balls to hide behind his pc while he does it.
A few weeks ago you were acting the 'typical keyboard warrior' on here and started to insult me, as soon as i asked you to man up and say those things to my face the following Saturday you told me to 'grow up' and scurried off back down your hole very quickly, even though you were the one that needed to grow up as you were acting like a child belittling others that never shared your opinion.
You are quickly getting a reputation on here similar to the likes of Carling on the old VSC, instead of belittling and insulting people that opinions differ to yours maybe you should engage your brain before typing, maybe that way a number of people on here might not regard you as a cowardly arsehole in future.

And your solution to all the posts on here that you don't like is to ask for a face to face confrontation?

I suggest you go look at some of your posts and ask yourself. Have I never belittled anyone or insulted them?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 27, 2011, 08:46:05 am by Wellred »
OK Skellow lets go back. Over the years there has been an awful lot of crap posted on this forum. I don't exclude myself from that.
Insults have been traded, names have been called etc etc. If you want to think you are excluded from the above thats your choice.
I have dished it out and have had to take quite a bit too. That is what a forum is (or should be all about) everyone has opinions, they are never going to be all in agreement with each other.
Very few people have ever gone down the route of offering people outside however.
It is called give and take. If you want to call me a keyboard warrior that is your choice.
I prefer to try and rise above wanting to take it to the next level.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 27, 2011, 08:54:08 am by weststander »
Perhaps we should all promise ourselves we will take the passion we show on this forum and transmit it to vocal support for the team at Saturday's game. The way things have started this season we are going to be faced with a fair few cup finals this season.

:rtid: :scarf: :rtid:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 27, 2011, 09:05:59 am by DearneValleyRover »
So there is a possibility that one of our Directors is stepping down(if he hasn't already) from this to some the obvious answer it's John Ryan. Will falling out with each other and generally acting like children in the playground change the mind of the person who is apparently stepping down or will a unified front of all support despite differences of opinion, being vocal at the home games be more of a persuading factor?

I don't believe it's John, I think the person in question has already withdrawn financially as already stated but who ever it may be, Doncaster Rovers will still be playing a match on Saturday and will still need my support.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 27, 2011, 09:23:14 am by Wild Rover »
One thing is certain, even if its true, no one on here will change the mind of JR/TB/DW thats for sure.

Certainly Ryan didn't sound like a man about to jump ship in his interview last night. Yes he had some anger in his tone,but i didn't detect any \"Pissedoffedness\" in him, quite the opposite.

As has been alluded to in previous posts, DRFC were here long before the 3 noted directors, and i am sure will still be here long after all three of them are gone, maybe not in the form we would like, but here none the less.

Maybe its one of the lesser directors ( Peter Wetzel ) who i think is still a director, who is severing ties.

As stated previously, no matter who, its a worry. But worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, you get no where doing it, but at least it gives you something to do.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 27, 2011, 09:37:00 am by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=194639
One thing is certain, even if its true, no one on here will change the mind of JR/TB/DW thats for sure.

Certainly Ryan didn't sound like a man about to jump ship in his interview last night. Yes he had some anger in his tone,but i didn't detect any \"Pissedoffedness\" in him, quite the opposite.

As has been alluded to in previous posts, DRFC were here long before the 3 noted directors, and i am sure will still be here long after all three of them are gone, maybe not in the form we would like, but here none the less.

Maybe its one of the lesser directors ( Peter Wetzel ) who i think is still a director, who is severing ties.

As stated previously, no matter who, its a worry. But worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, you get no where doing it, but at least it gives you something to do.

Val Doonican must have been Neurotic :coat:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 27, 2011, 10:30:33 am by CusworthRovers »
All this talk of fisting between posters is giving me an idea.

Who's up for a big bumming session before the Coventry game?

Look what happened in and around that boat at Peterborough and then looked what happened on the pitch. It's a no brainer for me

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 27, 2011, 11:34:14 am by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=194621
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=194597
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=194596
What if the Thurnscoe Prophet worked back room for BBC Dee Dah?  Just a suggestion.

Much more likely to be somebody behind the scenes at the Keepmoat who can't keep their big gob shut!

And they blab to a dingle!

We've said it before to JR and we might have to repeat it on Saturday, look for the enemy within!

So are you saying their is truth in this?

If so I suggest the club go public as soon as possible otherwise rubbish the rumours?

There's nothing specific been said to make a judgement on whether 'It' whatever 'it' is maybe true or not.

The point I was trying to make is that like any business, the club will be taking decisions, which for very good reasons it would wish to remain confidential for a period of time, we've seen this in the past in relation to prospective transfers.

Inevitably, people in the club will hear some of these thngs, will know that they are confidential yet betray that confidence (which may well be a breach of their employment contract) to someone else who then posts something on a forum.

I would say however, that been up front and transparent as early as possible, is a good way of minimsng these leaks / rumours and speculation.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 27, 2011, 01:10:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=194589
Quote from: \"VixDRFC\" post=194586
OK here's the post from 23rd September

Re: Sod...Breaking News
 by NIGHTMARE on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:06 pm
WOW
if you think that is big news you ant seen nowt yet, things are happening at Doncaster and it'll be a bigger shock then a change of manager

Followed by

Re: Sod...Breaking News
 by NIGHTMARE on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:21 pm
Its massive mate and will be very controversial and thrust your club into spot light throughout the world, its ground braking for this country as far as i know

I' not the anti christ, I'm not anti JR and I'd love to be able to dismiss all these

Wow.. I wonder what could happen to us that'd cause that much of a fuss :S maybe he was exaggerating a little when he said we'd be in the spot light throughout the world? Not disputing what he's saying as I've read what he's posted before and he's been on the money, just can't see what'd realistically happen that'd be so big, not to us at least..

So that was about the coming of the McKay deal. Yes controversial, but no, not exactly thrust into the spot light throughout the world. So there we have it, Nightmare is prone to sensationalising his/her posts with emotive words that take it that bit too far. So if we're talking past performance, the same is likely to be true of this rumour.

Note also the rumour clearly says \"if\" that something happens. Sounds to me that there's a board discussion going on about the direction of the club, and some or one member are outnumbered. Sounds interesting but not cataclysmic.

And there's no mention of JR being the one - that is chinese whispers, calm down people :)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 27, 2011, 02:09:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=194671
Note also the rumour clearly says \"if\" that something happens. Sounds to me that there's a board discussion going on about the direction of the club, and some or one member are outnumbered. Sounds interesting but not cataclysmic.

And it sounds to me like someone taking a bit of a punt without actually saying anything - ie exactly like the cold reading that fake psychics use, as I alluded to before. You could probably find a 'reference' to McKay in Nostrodamus, too, if you looked hard enough.

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 27, 2011, 02:59:31 pm by A9 »
According to Paul Goodwin at the Free Press, the rumours of a person stepping down relate to Dave Morris!!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 27, 2011, 03:01:57 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"A9\" post=194700
According to Paul Goodwin at the Free Press, the rumours of a person stepping down relate to Dave Morris!!

Is it Christmas already?

That clown has a lot to answer for. Though I do sometimes wonder who would take the job instead, considering the budget (pay peanuts get monkeys)?

VikingJames

« Reply #52 on October 27, 2011, 03:01:59 pm by VikingJames »

:laugh: :laugh:

Is this bad news? Really?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 27, 2011, 03:07:28 pm by Filo »

Here`s hoping! :laugh:

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 27, 2011, 03:07:38 pm by Akinfenwa »
Shit, who's gonna do all the marketing and stuff now?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 27, 2011, 03:07:58 pm by dickos1 »
Hoola and many more posters should be embarrassed by this news.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 27, 2011, 03:21:15 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=194702

Is it Christmas already?

That clown has a lot to answer for. Though I do sometimes wonder who would take the job instead, considering the budget (pay peanuts get monkeys)?

I`d do it, and happily take the \"peanuts\" he`s on, no experience though! :thumbsup:

I would be nice to get a fan, someone that has the best interests of the club in that position

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 27, 2011, 03:48:35 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=194711
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=194702

Is it Christmas already?

I`d do it, and happily take the \"peanuts\" he`s on, no experience though! :thumbsup:

I would be nice to get a fan, someone that has the best interests of the club in that position

Or somebody that has a clue what he's doing.. Whoever replaces him, I hope we don't get any of that \"rather have a half full stadium at full price\" b*llocks from them.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 27, 2011, 03:54:39 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=194709
Hoola and many more posters should be embarrassed by this news.

Err why should he?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 27, 2011, 04:00:33 pm by dickos1 »
Because of the stuff that was said last night.. Hanging off every word this nightmare fella says. This isn't bad news at all.. It's good news and shows why people shouldn't be shitting theirselves about something a Barnsley fan is saying. He has no idea on the personnel at our club and whether it would be good or bad news if he left.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012