Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:06:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ipswich after Billy again  (Read 13753 times)

prince

• Forum Member
Re: Ipswich after Billy again
« Reply #30 on October 28, 2011, 02:36:43 pm by prince »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194899
Anyone else feel that the heart is being ripped out of DRFC?

It's either the heart or any hope of Championship survival.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 28, 2011, 02:36:55 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194896
That apathy will never change. Begs the question why we signed him in the first place. The directors must have seen and predicted the loss of money year in year out.
Without Billy we will not score enough goals to keep us up. I don't see any strikers of his quality coming in to fill his position, even with McKays contacts.

So the public get the team they deserve ?

They have had 4 years to buy into the dream and they dont they rather f**k off to leeds and sheffield!

So if you were losing millions a year what would you do?

Truth hurts!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 28, 2011, 02:37:02 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=194897
Quote from: \"smitiai\" post=194890
Filo I will be 100% honest, I don't know the full extent but things are afoot so I'm told.

A taxi driver gets told all sorts of things, we`re like agony aunts, but the word I got last night whilst working was that we had agreed to sell him to Southampton, at his request, and that his house in Dore has gone on the market this week!

Did Billy build his house?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 28, 2011, 02:40:15 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=194901
That apathy will never change. Begs the question why we signed him in the first place. The directors must have seen and predicted the loss of money year in year out.
Without Billy we will not score enough goals to keep us up. I don't see any strikers of his quality coming in to fill his position, even with McKays contacts.

They have had 4 years to but in the dream and they dont they rather f**k off to leeds and sheffield!

Truth hurts!

If I had the money Watson and Bramall have then I wouldn't give a toss what I was losing.
Those in Doncaster who support Wednesday and Leeds aren't suddenly going to change their team just because Donny are now competeing in the Championship.
Maybe if we had a decent marketing and ticketing strategy things wouldn't be as bad as they are.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 28, 2011, 02:42:29 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194903

They have had 4 years to but in the dream and they dont they rather f**k off to leeds and sheffield!

Truth hurts!

If I had the money Watson and Bramall have then I wouldn't give a toss what I was losing.
Those in Doncaster who support Wednesday and Leeds aren't suddenly going to change their team just because Donny are now competeing in the Championship.
Maybe if we had a decent marketing and ticketing strategy things wouldn't be as bad as they are.

I completely agree. Building the fanbase was always going to be a long process. Look at all the kids who go now. In 10, 15, 20 years time we could easily get crowds of 20k with the right marketing and ticket pricing obviously. We just have to be patient.

All this SOD, McKay and Billy (if true) just looks like were panicking.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 28, 2011, 02:47:02 pm by Pintolager »
I know this will have been answered before, but do the Blunts have a sell on clause?

It is inevitable that Sharp will leave for another club somewhere, but all with what is happening at the moment at the club, it does seem harder to take for me. Oh well....business is business....

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 28, 2011, 02:54:00 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=194904

Truth hurts!

I completely agree. Building the fanbase was always going to be a long process. Look at all the kids who go now. In 10, 15, 20 years time we could easily get crowds of 20k with the right marketing and ticket pricing obviously. We just have to be patient.

We have had community projects in schools for a decade and the amount of free tickets game in and game out is remarkable!

The simple fact is the leeds/ sheffield fan wont let their off spring support their local team and off course the impact of the premiership.....

So we lose millions a year what would you do? Particularly if you are JR who is the only fan within the board in my opinion ....how the f**k can you convince anyone to buy in to the existing business model?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 28, 2011, 02:57:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Another casing point tomorrow is family day yet the crowd figures are appalling cos;-
1) people wont come unless we win
2) rather have a toss over live football on tv
3) or rather pay and support some daft local team

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 28, 2011, 02:58:28 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=194910

Truth hurts!

We have had community projects in schools for a decade and the amount of free tickets game in and game out is remarkable!

The simple fact is the leeds/ sheffield fan wont let their off spring support their local team and off course the impact of the premiership.....

So we lose millions a year what would you do? Particularly if you are JR who is the only fan within the board in my opinion ....how the f**k can you convince anyone to buy in to the existing business model?

Ok. Its clear that we can't sustain football at this level.
Lets go down to League One and never aim to get any higher, because it is obvious we cannot compete.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 28, 2011, 02:59:54 pm by drfc1951 »
Filo I will be 100% honest, I don't know the full extent but things are afoot so I'm told.

A taxi driver gets told all sorts of things, we`re like agony aunts, but the word I got last night whilst working was that we had agreed to sell him to Southampton, at his request, and that his house in Dore has gone on the market this week!

Just because you got told something last night driving a taxi makes it true.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 28, 2011, 03:09:04 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=194914

A taxi driver gets told all sorts of things, we`re like agony aunts, but the word I got last night whilst working was that we had agreed to sell him to Southampton, at his request, and that his house in Dore has gone oDn the market this week!

Did I say it made it true? Only time will tell!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 28, 2011, 03:11:07 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=194911
Another casing point tomorrow is family day yet the crowd figures are appalling cos;-
1) people wont come unless we win
2) rather have a toss over live football on tv
3) or rather pay and support some daft local team

Tomorrow is family day?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 28, 2011, 03:14:40 pm by The Red Baron »

Not doubting what you've heard, Filo, but Billy himself turned down the chance to move to Southampton in the summer. The Board had accepted their offer (£2.6M from memory). So why the change of heart?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 28, 2011, 03:18:13 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=194920
Not doubting what you've heard, Filo, but Billy himself turned down the chance to move to Southampton in the summer. The Board had accepted their offer (£2.6M from memory). So why the change of heart?

They're top of the league now and Billy might see them as a realistic route to the Premier League.

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 28, 2011, 03:18:55 pm by prince »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=194920

We've replaced the manager he signed for and enjoyed working under for a non league manager who likes hoofball.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 28, 2011, 03:19:12 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
cuz were bottom of leauge southampton are near top best reason there is

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 28, 2011, 03:20:55 pm by roverssam1879 »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=194917

A taxi driver gets told all sorts of things, we`re like agony aunts, but the word I got last night whilst working was that we had agreed to sell him to Southampton, at his request, and that his house in Dore has gone oDn the market this week!

from what i have been told his house isnt up for sale,or not yet at least ( i have friends that live on the street)

however that doesnt determin his future at the club, unfortunatly

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 28, 2011, 03:40:01 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
if billy does not replies to the tweets rovers fans have sent him he is off shame.He only signed for us due to giving him 1st team football , SOD being the manager and he liked the way we played football .I think the leeds game was the final straw ,SOD had gone saunders came in and started playin hoof ball ,he left blunts due to them playing hoofball.
I also think saunders has lost the plot already and the dressing room .

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 28, 2011, 03:53:26 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=194917

I'm not a Taxi Driver but was told the same thing before SO'D was sacked, I took it with a pinch of salt at the time but since another source seems to comfirm it.......

smitiai

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 28, 2011, 03:59:45 pm by smitiai »
Maybe Billy does not like the current management !

McKay is killing our club.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 28, 2011, 04:01:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"smitiai\" post=194930
Maybe Billy does not like the current management !

McKay is killing our club.

He was leaving before McKay so how does that work?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 28, 2011, 04:27:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
Why would Billy not be training Thursday and Friday is he ill or injured?
Could there be any truth in the rumours?

VikingJames

« Reply #52 on October 28, 2011, 04:41:09 pm by VikingJames »
If John Ryan wants us to 'fight tooth and nail' to stay in the Championship, his next logical step wouldn't be to sell our best player, would it?

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I won't be panicking over a bit of speculation.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 28, 2011, 04:41:39 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194912
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=194910

Truth hurts!

Ok. Its clear that we can't sustain football at this level.
Lets go down to League One and never aim to get any higher, because it is obvious we cannot compete.

Yes lets go down to league one and have no ambiton to go higher, that will certainly encourage the youngsters to support us.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 28, 2011, 04:44:56 pm by MrFrost »
What other option is there? We cannot sustain a Championship club with our attendances. We are about to sell our prized assets and pin Championship survival on a bunch of fly by night players.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 28, 2011, 04:47:27 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=194943

I was told January as Southampton had met what the board wanted and that Billy wouldn't be behind Lambert as he is likely to be off to the Prem, hence the renewed dialogue after turning them down. As to him not training I doubt it's no more serious than catching the bug that's flying round at present.

VikingJames

« Reply #56 on October 28, 2011, 04:53:09 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=194953
What other option is there? We cannot sustain a Championship club with our attendances. We are about to sell our prized assets and pin Championship survival on a bunch of fly by night players.

Seems like a bit of a sweeping assumption. I'm not sure that's exactly what's going to happen.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 28, 2011, 05:05:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Billy has an activation clause in his contract that means if a club meet his valuation (which one has) and Billy agrees the move DRFC have absolutely no control over the matter. It isn't the club that want to sell but rather are in a position in which they have no choice. I was told that the stumbling block on the original enquiry was Lambert I've since been told that block isn't going to be there in Jan.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 28, 2011, 06:43:42 pm by grayx »
Quote from: \"DearneValleyRover\" post=194958
Billy has an activation clause in his contract that means if a club meet his valuation (which one has) and Billy agrees the move DRFC have absolutely no control over the matter. It isn't the club that want to sell but rather are in a position in which they have no choice. I was told that the stumbling block on the original enquiry was Lambert I've since been told that block isn't going to be there in Jan.

That sounds very believable. Billy likes red & white stripes as well.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 28, 2011, 07:13:46 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=194943

where has this info come from he hasnt been training thurs and fri?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012