Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:52:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ipswich after Billy again  (Read 13752 times)

prince

• Forum Member
Re: Ipswich after Billy again
« Reply #90 on October 29, 2011, 01:20:15 pm by prince »
League 2 here we come

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 29, 2011, 01:22:29 pm by ScillyRover »
Looking a bit ominous isn't it.. or am I reading into this too much :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on October 29, 2011, 01:23:13 pm by Filo »
Like I said, us taxi drivers find out all sorts!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 29, 2011, 01:26:31 pm by MrFrost »
So we've got one striker at the club. Bravo

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 29, 2011, 01:28:31 pm by Chris »
Ouch...

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 29, 2011, 01:39:45 pm by JamieM »
Looks like he's off then. Ah well, was great while it lasted. I hope we get a decent fee for him in Jan - minimum £2 million, that should give us enough to replace him.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on October 29, 2011, 01:45:34 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"JamieM\" post=195087
Looks like he's off then. Ah well, was great while it lasted. I hope we get a decent fee for him in Jan - minimum £2 million, that should give us enough to replace him.

I don't think that any fee will be directly used to replace him. Another one of McKay's \"superstars\" will probably come in for a couple of months.

Exciting times.

:sick:

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 29, 2011, 01:55:12 pm by ScillyRover »
Player stating the official line is \"Billy's not in the squad for family reasons\".
Make of that what you will

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 29, 2011, 06:20:32 pm by idler »
I heard that it was due to a bereavement, so maybe it would be better to just stop imagining
everything under the sun. I'm sure that evryone will find out all there is to know eventually.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on October 29, 2011, 06:24:35 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Spud\" post=195071
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=195022
Quote from: \"Spud\" post=195017
Sean built a team of footballers, at the min we`re playing hoofball therefore i wouldn`t be surprised to see any or all of the current team looking for pastures new. quality players such as Billy, Oster and Stock look like fish out of water, not sure wtf they`re supposed to be doing.
Jonathan i know exactly how you feel, your post on another thread the other day summed up my sentiments to a tee, maybe it`s inevitable that the bigger a club gets the less intimate it will feel to the core support. As a season ticket holder i`m not sure i can even be bothered going today tho i probably will.
I look forward to us actually playing football again hopefully soon, unfortunately in these times business decisions come before football decisions :-(

Unbelievable. Where are we supposed to be playing all this \"hoofball\" you refer to? We didn't play it in the 2nd half of the Palace game. We didn't play it in the 2nd half of the Hull game. We certainly didn't play it at Peterborough or Blackpool. We were beaten by a far better team when we played Leeds and we were rubbish and we were beaten at Portsmouth by a team who wanted it more than us and a defence that couldn't defend properly.

Tell me how these \"quality players\" managed to get us to the bottom of the table and not win a game for 19 matches.

Yes Billy will go at some point and I hope we get decent money for him, not the peanuts that Ipswich are talking about.
Stock and Oster? Don't make me laugh nobody is going to pay a penny for either of them.

You know what. Reading your post anyone would think you would prefer it if we actually didn't win today.

If you dont think stock and yes Oster are quality footballers then i`d love to know how long you`ve been watching rovers play?
Yes we`ve been on a bad run and things did need freshening up after punching above our weight for 3 years now.
And dont anyone tell me we desrved to beat a very poor Pace side cos we didn`t. Against Hull admitteldy we were better for parts of the game but not all of it. Cant comment on the away games as i haven`t been to one for a while now but DS admitted we were lucky to beat Posh. Against Leeds we were awful.
Like i said i hope things settle down soon and we get back to playing some form of football, that`s what i go to the Keepmoat for. If results were the be all and end all i`d sit home and watch final score.

I would suggest I have been supporting rovers a lot longer than you. Not that it matters. If Stock is a quality player then he certainly didn't show it today!!!!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on October 30, 2011, 12:27:05 pm by Spud »
Stock didn`t have a great game today but who did? Doesn`t mean they`re bad players just short of form and consequently confidence. Tbf today we did at least try to play football, albeit with limited success. Have seen much worse, let`s hope Saunders is going the right way.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on October 30, 2011, 01:50:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"oslorovers\" post=194843
for sale a billy sharp signed rovers shirt any offers?

I'll give you £20, which is £19.99 more than you deserve.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012