Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:09:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That was shocking!  (Read 7166 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
That was shocking!
« on October 29, 2011, 04:28:21 pm by Filo »
I`ve seen better performances in the conference!

And thats the way we`re heading!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: That was shocking!
« Reply #1 on October 29, 2011, 04:37:45 pm by rtid88 »
I thought it was a pretty decent performance!! Lots of positives from it for me! Too many silly mistakes made as well, but I definitely would not say it was shocking!!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 29, 2011, 04:38:10 pm by MrFrost »
I agree.
I am seriously worried with whats happening at our club.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 29, 2011, 04:38:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Disagree, it was typical of a transitional period.

Defensively I thought we were good, ok the midfield clearly caused us problems at times defensively but the back 4 were solid I thought.  We looked less likely to lose it, though the goal was awful in midfield.

Going forward well it wasn't great at all really, lots of effort but not much quality.  Copps certainly improved things and I felt the goal was coming as we were starting to use the ball.  The positive was we tried to pass it, ok it didn't come off but we did try to pass it.  The goal was very well worked.

Alright it's not great, but it was improved.  We've a long way to go but we looked like we didn't want to lose the game.  I thought Coventry were the most negative team we've played, they were time wasting after 5 minutes.

Clearly we struggled up front. 10/10 for Hayter he battled and did all he could but to expect him to win everything is unlikely.  I would have preferred to see Mason in as he'd have attacked the box a bit more.  But it was better, still a million miles away from where it should be but I liked the idea of the performance even if it didn't quite come off.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 29, 2011, 04:48:41 pm by Pintolager »
That was a poor game of football from both sides. We did create a few chances but never really deserved to win the match. Cov scored from their only chance in the first half, but it was like watching 2 league2 sides at times. If we had played a half decent side today, we would have been torn apart, the defence was cagey and how they didn't score when a tame effort from one of their lads (can't remember who) ended up in Sulli's hands I don't know!

Coventry were there for the taking, but we were awful and a point was about all we deserved. To say there is a long way to go is an understatement imo.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 29, 2011, 04:56:41 pm by Big MAC »
Sully saved us twice in second half. Good job their strikers are as bad as ours!

I thought Saunders wanted us to start taking shots, still trying to pass it in all the
time.

And what is the point of corners that go over all of our players and out the other
side, surely  its not rocket science to land the ball on the penalty spot for our midgets
to attack.

On a brighter note, thought Chimbonda looked good.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 29, 2011, 04:56:57 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
heard the game ,load off rubbish ,ive only missed 15games home and away in 3years ,not been since SOD was sacked either home or away i said when saunders took over we would go down how i think hes lost the dressing room and he dosent no what hes doing im not spendin £60 to watch a load off shit .ive never been so disponded since we got into the championship.
RTID

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 29, 2011, 05:00:07 pm by mushRTID »
Is it just me who thought Chimbonda was shit?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 29, 2011, 05:02:42 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=195148
heard the game ,load off rubbish ,ive only missed 15games home and away in 3years ,not been since SOD was sacked either home or away i said when saunders took over we would go down how i think hes lost the dressing room and he dosent no what hes doing im not spendin £60 to watch a load off shit .ive never been so disponded since we got into the championship.
RTID

So would SOD have kept us up?

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 29, 2011, 05:06:18 pm by stockyboy »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=195148
RTID

I'm so glad we have fans like you here, not going to support a team, because you don't agree with us sacking a manager who hadn't led us to a win in 18 games. It truely is a delight.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 29, 2011, 05:08:12 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
at least we would have played good football under SOD and not this shit under saunders ok

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 29, 2011, 05:10:52 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
ive supported rovers for 50years lads ive been every where ok

VikingJames

« Reply #12 on October 29, 2011, 05:13:07 pm by VikingJames »
It was a shit game all round. Coventry were bloody awful, and we weren't great.

I thought Chimbonda was our best player. His performance today seems to be dividing opinion on here, but maybe that's just because some people aren't willing to accept it. Thought Ilunga did a good job in front of the back four as well. If all of these \"mercenaries\" are willing to show the sort of attitude that these two seem to be showing, I don't think it'll upset the apple cart too much.

I thought Copps made a big difference when he came on too. Much improved.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 29, 2011, 05:14:31 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=195158
ive supported rovers for 50years lads ive been every where ok

If that is true, then you will have seen much worse.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 29, 2011, 05:14:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We weren't bad but we weren't good either. A very poor Coventry team should have been put to bed. Much going through the motions today lacking that 10% more hunger that would have seen them off.

I thought most players looked ok but if that's the most they can give for a new manager then we are in trouble.

Not a clue what's going on with Billy but given he wasn't on the pitch, we still needed to win that game. Baffled why Mason not given more game time.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 29, 2011, 05:20:38 pm by madmick50 »
The fewest goals scored in the league and the most players used is a recipe for disaster. With a crap manager and a board that has lost the plot we are doomed.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 29, 2011, 05:28:53 pm by Wellred »
Its such a shame that some of the players the manager inherited from his predecessor can't be arsed to put a shift in.
Stock is a liability. Some posters have said he will be gone in January. Well if that is the case good.
We have had the problem for well over 12 months.
WE DO NOT ANY KIND OF MIDFIELD AT ALL.
I don't know what the situation is with Billy Sharp but had he been playing today we would have had all 3 points.
Hayter might have given 1/10 but he is not the answer as striker.
He scored with a misskick but how many chances did he miss.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 29, 2011, 05:30:31 pm by benaldo »
I thought Chimbonda and Illunga were excellent. How anyone can say Chimbonda was anything but excellent is just plain stupid! He's a light year ahead of Friend, Matress in defence! He showed real class. Same as Illunga, great player.

Today the side was let down by Stock (slow, crap, too slow on the ball), Gillett (runs around, but can't pass), Hayter (in a weird way, despite the goal, he looked like he was well out of his depth...and his goal looked 5 miles offside to me?), Martiss and Friend are woeful. Naylor is a good player but his old legs are letting him down.

If only Stock and Gillett could be replaced by some quality then I think Rovers won't need to worry too much. With them in the side, Rovers are spineless and without a clue in midfield.

Good efforts from Bennett and Barnes, but far too often they were isolated up front by Stock and Gillett meandering around miles away like sunday league players.

If James Hayter is Doncasters best threat up front Rovers are in big, big trouble. The only positives I saw from today were Illunga at def midfield, Chimbondas class, Bennetts development and progress, but they are playing with too many below average players.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 29, 2011, 05:35:56 pm by Lesonthewest »
Good effort from the players today, thought Stock & Naylor were our best players. Apart from that I thought we were awful & a half decent side would have taken us apart, fortunately Coventry were'nt. Two relegation teams in the making today i'm afraid, & a mass clearout needed.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 29, 2011, 05:37:07 pm by lee.j09 »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=195159

I thought Chimbonda was our best player. His performance today seems to be dividing opinion on here, but maybe that's just because some people aren't willing to accept it. Thought Ilunga did a good job in front of the back four as well. If all of these \"mercenaries\" are willing to show the sort of attitude that these two seem to be showing, I don't think it'll upset the apple cart too much.

attitude!
their 'attitude' was awfull they where falling out all game.
chimbonda was awfull

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 29, 2011, 05:41:14 pm by lee.j09 »
they were sh*t and we were even worse!!

both relegation teams we will see them next year in league 1.

and we need to know whats happening behind the scenes at the club, we as fans are paying money into the club and getting nothing back.

sort it out MR RYAN

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 29, 2011, 05:41:35 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"lee.j09\" post=195180

attitude!
chimbonda was awfull

Eh???? Did you go to the game???
1) They weren't \"falling out\"
2) They are light years ahead of the players that were in those positions.
3) Without those two playing today things would have been a lot worse.

Sometimes I wonder what people want from footballers ........ someone who tackles everyone every time, then boots the ball up in the air....and scores 209 goals every match? Don't forget that Illunga and Chimbonda were playing in a team with such quality as George Friend, Shelton Martiss, Simon gillett, Brian Stock........ Fecking Pele would have had trouble!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 29, 2011, 05:54:37 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"lee.j09\" post=195180

attitude!
chimbonda was awfull

If you had actually watched the game you would have seen that Chimbonda was getting annoyed at Gillet for telling Ilunga to take all the throw ins down the right hand side in the first half.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 29, 2011, 05:59:46 pm by lee.j09 »
since when was gillet the captain or manager. wether you want to admit it or not he was whinging and falling out all game

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 29, 2011, 06:08:23 pm by roversontheup »
I love the way we all see the game so differently and appreciate differnet players.  It makes it so interesting post match.  

For me it was a poor game played by two poor sides.  However, there are always positives and for me they were Barnes, Bennett, Chimbonda, Illunga and Copps. I thought both george and stocky (and I am fans of both)had very poor games.  I would have liked to have seen Mason replace Stocky much sooner and not because of injury.

All the doom and gloom and unfounded rumours around the ground really got to me today.  I began to question whether I really wanted to be there. Whatever is going to happen, i want it to happen so we at least know where we stand.  at the moment it all seems to be hot air.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 29, 2011, 06:19:47 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=195150
Is it just me who thought Chimbonda was shit?

No you're not alone and he's supposed to be 'showcasing' himself......he's having a fookin laff. :angry:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 29, 2011, 06:20:59 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"lee.j09\" post=195192
since when was gillet the captain or manager. wether you want to admit it or not he was whinging and falling out all game

Who said Gillet was captain or Manager?
And you are entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make you right I'm afraid.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 29, 2011, 06:45:17 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=195154
at least we would have played good football under SOD and not this shit under saunders ok

Rubbish
The last year under SOD was piss poor most weeks . This season 1 point & 2 goals under SOD in 7 games , under DS who you admit you haven't gone to give him a chance 8 points in 7 games a big improvement in a short transitional period!
True fan eh , if you were you would support the board & club rather than a manager who had lost his way & teams had worked out

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 29, 2011, 07:00:15 pm by Jonathan »
We're all entitled to opinions, that's all part of the game.

Nobody can say we would have gone down under O'Driscoll and nobody can say now that we'll go down under Saunders, things can change very quickly.

A month ago people were talking about Arsenal getting relegated and saying Wenger had to be sacked after a terrible end to last season and start to this (ring any bells?).

A month ago Mario Balotelli was an expensive flop who could barely get a minute on the pitch, now he's up there with the top strikers in the world.

A few weeks ago Dean Saunders had breathed new life into our squad and provided us with the winning mentality we had missed. Now the players aren't good enough, can't be lifted, have to be shipped out and the winning mentality? Well...

Whether we like it or not, changes are afoot for reasons that alter from one press conference to the next. I don't know whether we're gunning for the Premiership, preparing for relegation, undergoing a cost cutting measure or just carrying out a radical experiment to do things differently. All of the above reasons have been put forward in recent weeks and I find it hard not to be disillusioned with it all. Games like today's don't help - it was dire.

It wasn't the first game of its kind over the last year and the signs are it won't be the last. People are going to criticise selections, tactics and inappropriately late substitutions after games like that aren't they? They haven't held back in the past!

We can only really improve from that showing. Coventry were awful and we were probably worse.

DN3Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 29, 2011, 07:08:04 pm by DN3Rover »
What an absolute shocking game. Coventry were there for the taking but i think we were very poor. I never went to the Bristol City game but i got told they were even worse than Coventry today which i find hard to believe. Chimbonda only positive from today, thought Illunga was decent until about 80 mins he looked knackered from then on!? Some serious problems going on at Rovers at the moment.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012