Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:08:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chimbonda  (Read 2895 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Chimbonda
« on October 29, 2011, 05:16:11 pm by MrFrost »
Listening to this guy on Football Heaven about Chimbonda. Thought he was great today. Dunno what game he was at.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Chimbonda
« Reply #1 on October 29, 2011, 05:18:57 pm by mushRTID »
He was at the same game as me. Couldnt cross a ball (or beat the first man), out of position on numerous occasions.

I honestly thought he was poor.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 29, 2011, 05:23:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I thought he did ok. Both he and Ilunga had steady games and I think if people are looking for scapegoats or conspiracy theories they should look elsewhere.

Coming on the radio and telling the world he wasn't putting the effort in is way off the mark.

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on October 29, 2011, 05:27:57 pm by VikingJames »
I thought he played well.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 29, 2011, 05:28:53 pm by Fal »
Thought he was good today, he got the 2nd man of the match in the full time presentations and actually made us all chuckle when he said during the time when he had no club he was \"pissed off\" with not having any work. Needless to say there were a few small children right in front of him watching but he soon laughed when he realised what he said. Not the worst thing he could've said but it made the crowd chuckle, apart from that i hardly understood what he said as his english is pretty poor.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 29, 2011, 05:45:25 pm by lee.j09 »
he was sh*t. spent most of the game arguing with ilunga.

we as a club are a laughing stock!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 29, 2011, 05:49:48 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"lee.j09\" post=195185
he was sh*t. spent most of the game arguing with ilunga.

we as a club are a laughing stock!

Even by the low standards of some of the posters on here, that hits a new low.

He didn't argue with Illunga, they are mates, and were laughing with each other! Additionally, he wasn't shit. Anyone with his pedigree doesn't turn shit overnight. He produced better runs than any right back I've ever seen playing for Rovers, he's good on the ball, he can tackle, he marks, he has drive, class, he's a whole evolutionary step forward from O'Connor and Hird and Dumbuya. I really don't see what you're on about.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 29, 2011, 05:50:26 pm by Wild Rover »
IMHO. Chimbonda and Ilunga were the pick of DRFC players today.Second half Copps did well too. Let downs were Stock Hayter Friend. There again life is all about opinions.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 29, 2011, 05:51:31 pm by Wellred »
I really wonder sometimes if some of people actually go to matches. He played well in my opinion.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 29, 2011, 06:38:11 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=195168
I thought he did ok. Both he and Ilunga had steady games and I think if people are looking for scapegoats or conspiracy theories they should look elsewhere.

Coming on the radio and telling the world he wasn't putting the effort in is way off the mark.

Agree, i thought he played well

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 29, 2011, 06:44:11 pm by epworth red »
Bring back marples then !

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 29, 2011, 07:34:54 pm by Wello »
It was the best he's played so far for us, he's not played for a fair while before joining us, thought Hayter was mom but Pascal wasn't far behind.

we had no width at all today especially on the left. Thought Giles Barnes had a good game too, before being clattered.

some folk on here are clearly blinkered.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 29, 2011, 07:50:50 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought Chimbonda was very good today. On the other hand I thought Ilunga contributed little- but he was played out of position in midfield.

There seems to be an interesting (and disturbing) divide on here with those who wanted O'Driscoll removing lauding to the skies the new players that Saunders brought in. Those on the opposite side are doing the polar opposite. I thought Stock's passing radar was well off, but he put in a shift and shrugged off a couple of knocks. However, he seems to be either rubbished or praised to the skies by alternate posters.

This seems to be a club in the process of tearing itself apart. Very sad after all that's been achieved over the last few years.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 30, 2011, 09:30:35 am by CottyRover »
I thought Chimbonda looked good and Illunga did Ok in his midfield role. I wonder if some people are looking for scapegoats? Some very differing opinions about these two

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 30, 2011, 09:33:28 am by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"CottyRover\" post=195322
I thought Chimbonda looked good and Illunga did Ok in his midfield role. I wonder if some people are looking for scapegoats? Some very differing opinions about these two

They are looking at scapegoats, because these two are Saunders signings simple.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 30, 2011, 09:45:13 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=195190
I really wonder sometimes if some of people actually go to matches. He played well in my opinion.

Agreed - where did that Lee's comments come from? Both Chimo and Illunga were solid and certainly not the worse!

Another example of people wanting the new regime to fail!!!

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 30, 2011, 09:50:17 am by RUPRECHT »
both of the new guys played very well, keeping the ball and accurate passing will hopefully rub off on some of the others.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 30, 2011, 10:19:19 am by CottyRover »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=195324
Quote from: \"CottyRover\" post=195322

They are looking at scapegoats, because these two are Saunders signings simple.

That could be true in some cases, but I was very much a SO'D supporter and am ready to concede that it was time for a change but haven't made up my mind on DS. I think the team lacked cohesion yesterday, but I wouldn't put it down to these two. They seem to be trying hard enough.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 30, 2011, 01:26:00 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm not looking for scapegoats, though I'm sure I'm near the top of the list for you to target Wellred.

Chimbonda was solid in the first half - whoever mentioned his attacking runs is right, throughout the game they were terrific. But his crossing was below par, his passing went to pot after half time and he was definitely doing a bit of squabbling with Ilunga at times. Overall I felt he was below average.

It's funny what different parts of the game everyone sees. Someone in here says Hayter was poor yet most (myself included) thought he did well. It happens all the time on here and I find it interesting just how far people differ.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 30, 2011, 03:22:54 pm by Wellred »
Why don't we have a poll on who thought he had a decent game. That's how things are decided on here isnt it?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 30, 2011, 03:26:18 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=195371
I'm not looking for scapegoats, though I'm sure I'm near the top of the list for you to target Wellred.

Chimbonda was solid in the first half - whoever mentioned his attacking runs is right, throughout the game they were terrific. But his crossing was below par, his passing went to pot after half time and he was definitely doing a bit of squabbling with Ilunga at times. Overall I felt he was below average.

It's funny what different parts of the game everyone sees. Someone in here says Hayter was poor yet most (myself included) thought he did well. It happens all the time on here and I find it interesting just how far people differ.

Why would I target you Roversalias? You seem to manage quite well on your own.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 30, 2011, 03:26:20 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=195411
Why don't we have a poll on who thought he had a decent game. That's how things are decided on here isnt it?

Nope, i thought we sat down, had a debate about it, slaged each other off and then decided that you were right all along! ;) :P

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 30, 2011, 03:27:36 pm by Wellred »
At last you are finally beginning to see sense :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012