Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:01:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Richard Naylor  (Read 2267 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Richard Naylor
« on October 29, 2011, 09:16:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Great game today. Thought he was the pick of the back four. Solid, solid, solid.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Richard Naylor
« Reply #1 on October 29, 2011, 09:17:59 pm by Wellred »
I would go one further and say he was my MOTM.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 29, 2011, 09:22:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
He was though marking two of the most ineffectual strikers I have seen at Championship level though, but he did what he did very well.

Copps MOTM if assessed on per minute basis. Stocky also solid.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 29, 2011, 09:27:57 pm by jmt »
He has been one of the most consistent performers, was a stand out motm against Leeds.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 29, 2011, 09:29:14 pm by john_donc857 »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=195267
He was though marking two of the most ineffectual strikers I have seen at Championship level though, but he did what he did very well.

Must be me, from were i was sat stocky had a mare. Naylor on the other hand was class. Copps did  well for the goal but i don't see him starting many games under deano as i think he see's him as a luxury player

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 29, 2011, 09:29:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yeah I like him. You need to acknowledge straight up that his distribution ain't gonna win any prizes and he has ahem limited pace, but everything else he does top notch.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 29, 2011, 10:08:30 pm by rover-n-out »
Naylor MOTM for me by a mile. Thought Stocky had a terrible game, passing abysmal, caught in posession too many times (again), too slow when on the ball.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 29, 2011, 10:10:27 pm by JonWallsend »
Naylor MOM today. With regards to his pace I admit he's not express but there was one time in the first half when the ball was knocked in behind him, and from looking distinctly second favourite, he turned and within 10 yards had made up the distance and cleared the danger. Could be that Jutkiewicz is just very slow, but still was good to see.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 29, 2011, 10:43:51 pm by eastender »
Naylor  gave 110% , MOM by a mile , just through his grit and determination to win the ball , but i also think nearly every player gave there all , but it for some reason we just didn't seem to click.
May be nerves and the fear of losing played a part. :unsure:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 29, 2011, 10:45:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"eastender\" post=195289
Naylor  gave 110% , MOM by a mile , just through his grit and determination to win the ball , but i also think nearly every player gave there all , but it for some reason we just didn't seem to click.
May be nerves and the fear of losing played a part. :unsure:

That sums it up

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 30, 2011, 08:07:00 am by The Beast »
I thought the defence looked good on the whole today apart for a crazy spell in the last ten. Having said that Coventry are the worst side I have seen for a while. The return of Martis is a big plus for me, gives us strength, presence and a bit of pace in the middle. Thought Chimbonda looked class, you can see he's a top player. Don't think Friend looks comfortable at left back would be tempted to bring Ilunga back in there. Naylor had a good game he always gives 100%  just a shame his legs have gone.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 30, 2011, 09:25:43 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Martis by a mile

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 30, 2011, 09:33:06 am by RUPRECHT »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=195267

Stock was poor again.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 30, 2011, 01:14:59 pm by RoversAlias »
Stock was a joke. He appears much more than scared to put a tackle in nowadays...it's as if he's scared to break into a light jog. I think his injuries haven't helped this and if that's the case I'd seriously consider not even playing him.

Naylor was solid at times, no doubt, but he seems to lack intelligence a fair bit of the time. The glaring example was when he and Ilunga decided to play chuckle brothers at the back, both fell into each other going for a ball over the top and that left us three-on-one against. To Naylor's credit he got up and got a tackle in after the Coventry attack failed miserably to advance quickly into the box, then puffed a weak effort at the goal that Sullivan got down to easily.

The more I think about it the more I realise just how poor both us and Coventry really are.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 30, 2011, 01:29:51 pm by DonnyNoel »
Individually I thought all defenders had a good game yesterday (although Friend not as good as recent weeks) and hopefully they stay injury free and get even better as a unit.

It may have slipped my noticing but has Naylor signed a new deal or is his short term deal coming to an end in the next few weeks?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 30, 2011, 01:45:01 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=195373
Individually I thought all defenders had a good game yesterday (although Friend not as good as recent weeks) and hopefully they stay injury free and get even better as a unit.

It may have slipped my noticing but has Naylor signed a new deal or is his short term deal coming to an end in the next few weeks?

It's a rolling contract, right? so that would mean he'd keep signing it and we'd keep offering it as long as both parties wanted it to happen, so I'd imagine he's signed up.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 30, 2011, 01:57:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Naylor MOM?

Martis gives us strength & prescence at the back?

Stock was poor?

Jeez. Time for me to visit Specsavers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012