Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:03:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bipolar Disorder  (Read 1375 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Bipolar Disorder
« on October 29, 2011, 09:38:53 pm by belton rover »
Is what we are suffering from from. Talk about from on extreme to another. I love JR to bits, but  we must be very careful not to become the laughing stock, rather than the envy of most football league teams.

10 years ago I would have given my right arm and my 12 inch cock to be like Crewe, or Peterborough, or (God forbid) Scunny.

I am not happy with what is going on at my club at the moment. I am beginning to think JR has sold his football soul to the devil.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re: Bipolar Disorder
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2011, 12:43:14 am by VikingJames »
I think people are being ungrateful, frankly. You can't just keep expecting John Ryan to plough in £3million (or whatever the figure is) every year to keep an unsustainable club running. Why should he? Just so you can take the moral high ground over your mates at work because you support a club that \"does things the right way.\"

Although our new transfer strategy seems short-termist, I think JR is being very forward thinking. We are/were a Championship club with no structure to support it. We are/were entirely reliant on the directors putting money in, and that isn't a bottomless pit, is it? You can keep plugging the £3million gap every year, but where does it end? We were treading water in this division yet spending more and more, but the division keeps improving and so it's harder to keep our heads above water - especially when the vultures are constantly circling for our best players.

One day there will be no JR, and then someone else will have to come in (possibly someone with no connection to the club) and things would have to change dramatically anyway. At least JR making this change himself gives him control over it, and ensures that the best interests of the club are maintained throughout it. Would we prefer JR to handle this, or someone more dispassionate 10 years down the line who would most likely resort to a simple fire sale of all our players, without much care for the on-pitch direction of the club in the process?

Cutting the wage bill down to a point where we can break even on our own turnover may encourage JR and the directors to put that money (that would normally be ploughed into making up the shortfall) into the development of the youth system. A club like Rovers with small attendances is crying out for a good youth team, as it just eases the financial burden that bit more if you can produce your own players.

I'm fully behind JR, and after all the money he's put in, I think he's well within his rights to say that he can't just go on throwing millions into the club just to create artificial sustainability. It's probably best for the future of the club that we don't just carry on being entirely reliant on the board of directors.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 30, 2011, 12:48:41 am by Viking Don »
Cant disagree with any of that James, but Belts, I wouldn't give my twelve inches inches away to crewe no matter haw far they had to measure.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 30, 2011, 11:13:56 am by belton rover »
Quote from: \"Viking Don\" post=195300
Cant disagree with any of that James, but Belts, I wouldn't give my twelve inches inches away to crewe no matter haw far they had to measure.

Have you been measuring in dog inches again?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012