Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:41:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marks out of ten  (Read 1703 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Marks out of ten
« on October 30, 2011, 09:37:37 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Sullivan - did nothing wrong all game - 7
Friend - full back not his position did ok - 6
Martis - Doing the basics so well if in doubt and all that -*8
Naylor - Probably his best game - 7
Chimbonda - linked up well with Copps / caught out few times in defence-7
Stock - passed the ball very well and most creative player but still gets pushed off too easy - 7
Gillet - another poor game in my opinion - played as a ball winner - most of the time runs around chasing shaddows - 6
Illunga - added some steel in midfield - 7
Barnes - performances getting better and better - 7
Bennett - another impressive performance- we know he can run rings around people but also produce three quality crosses and if we had a renowned target man surely would have been goals - 7
Hayter - really hard working and rewarded with a well taken goal - 7

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Re: Marks out of ten
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2011, 11:12:16 am by SkellowRover »
Well if you take it that 5 is the average mark then i guess you were at a different match to me because everybody had good games and we played well according to your scoring :ohmy:

My marks would be:
Sullivan - 5
Friend - 4
Martis - 6
Naylor - 7 (Motm)
Chimbonda - 5
Stock - 5
Gillet - 3
Illunga - 5
Barnes - 5
Bennett - 6
Hayter - 6

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 30, 2011, 11:36:21 am by Padge_DRFC »
Sullivan is still an excellent keeper.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 30, 2011, 12:01:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=195348
Well if you take it that 5 is the average mark then i guess you were at a different match to me because everybody had good games and we played well according to your scoring :ohmy:

My marks would be:
Sullivan - 5
Friend - 4
Martis - 6
Naylor - 7 (Motm)
Chimbonda - 5
Stock - 5
Gillet - 3
Illunga - 5
Barnes - 5
Bennett - 6
Hayter - 6

Yes I did think it was a decent game from the boys ......defensively great!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 30, 2011, 01:38:28 pm by SkellowRover »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=195353
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=195348

My marks would be:
Sullivan - 5
Friend - 4
Martis - 6
Naylor - 7 (Motm)
Chimbonda - 5
Stock - 5
Gillet - 3
Illunga - 5
Barnes - 5
Bennett - 6
Hayter - 6

Yes I did think it was a decent game from the boys ......defensively great!

Really?

2 bad sides and a bad match imho and many others, yes Martis & Naylor were the better of our players but they weren't exactly up against a quality attacking force were they, look how many we concede when they are.

My younger brother and nephew went for the 1st time yesterday and this what my brother said summed it up perfectly..... \"It would be better if it was more exciting\".

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 30, 2011, 01:40:19 pm by RoversAlias »
You must be chugging right through the back orders of kool-aid you've had shipped in this week Norfolk.

I disagree with a lot of these marks purely on the basis that you haven't scored them objectively. BUT a lot of the comments are about right. Sullivan you're right about, Hayter and a couple of others I'd agree with. However, Stock didn't do anything very well at all, Ilunga was far from solid but it isn't his fault - he looked like exactly what he was, a full back being made to play in centre midfield. It didn't work and I hope he's back in his natural position when more players are available for Saunders to choose from.

There was little in the way of team chemistry and coherence is the main problem, not so much individual bad performances. Collectively we didn't look like much at all.

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 30, 2011, 02:16:43 pm by ljm-drfc »
Sullivan - 7
Chimbonda -7
Martis - 7
Naylor - 7
Friend -6
Ilunga -6
Stock - 5
Gillett - 5
Barnes -6
Bennett - 7 MOM
Hayter - 6/7

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 30, 2011, 02:54:51 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=195377
You must be chugging right through the back orders of kool-aid you've had shipped in this week Norfolk.

I disagree with a lot of these marks purely on the basis that you haven't scored them objectively. BUT a lot of the comments are about right. Sullivan you're right about, Hayter and a couple of others I'd agree with. However, Stock didn't do anything very well at all, Ilunga was far from solid but it isn't his fault - he looked like exactly what he was, a full back being made to play in centre midfield. It didn't work and I hope he's back in his natural position when more players are available for Saunders to choose from.

There was little in the way of team chemistry and coherence is the main problem, not so much individual bad performances. Collectively we didn't look like much at all.

Must been watching another game pal ....must have dreamt that Stock sprayed out some wonderful passes but hey lets concentrate on the negatives.

Also Illunga had a good game and added some steel in the middle but hey lets concentrate on the nagatives....

Unreal my friend!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 30, 2011, 03:13:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Pretty much exactly what I was on about in a different thread - I've seen about 30 differing views on our performance yesterday. It's fascinating.

Stock no doubt did make a couple of great cross-field passes, I'll give you that and concede that I left them out when discussing his performance earlier. The fact remains though that he made far too many errors in passing, was knocked off the ball too easily again and failed to put a decent tackle in more than once. The negatives in his game outweigh the positives right now.

And I accepted that Ilunga was being played out of position - he looked lost to me, like he didn't know what his role on the field was supposed to be.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2011, 03:49:34 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=195407
Pretty much exactly what I was on about in a different thread - I've seen about 30 differing views on our performance yesterday. It's fascinating.

Stock no doubt did make a couple of great cross-field passes, I'll give you that and concede that I left them out when discussing his performance earlier. The fact remains though that he made far too many errors in passing, was knocked off the ball too easily again and failed to put a decent tackle in more than once. The negatives in his game outweigh the positives right now.

And I accepted that Ilunga was being played out of position - he looked lost to me, like he didn't know what his role on the field was supposed to be.

Stock passing is excellent and you saw this yesterday .....Gillet not doing the ball winning job more like....

Ilunga added steel and really got stuck in and certainly never looked lost......

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 30, 2011, 08:25:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Fair enough point r.e. Gillett, you're right there and how he may have been letting Stock and the midfield down in places is valid.

That's just how Ilunga looked to be during certain periods of the game to me, mainly in the second half. I'm not doubting that he got stuck in etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012