Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:30:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martis  (Read 1433 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Martis
« on October 30, 2011, 10:23:06 am by GazLaz »
I said it at the start of the season and I say it now, Shelton is our best centre half by a street. GF has a big fan club but SM is a better player of that there is no doubt. Not being patronising but I think anyone who really knows the game and has played the position will see this as well. Yes he has got a rick in him at times but he will grow into a proper player with experience if he sorts his glass legs out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Re: Martis
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2011, 10:26:21 am by Scooter »
Drives a nice black porsche as well. If only he was as quick as that on the pitch.......

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 30, 2011, 10:42:01 am by Chris Black come back »
Not every player can take it out from the back like Maldini but the distribution by Martis is a total disgrace. Good old fashioned stopper though on his day.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 30, 2011, 10:43:41 am by GazLaz »
He's not as slow as people make out I don't think. Possibly over the first 5 yards he is but one he gets rolling he's ok.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 30, 2011, 10:45:18 am by andyst79 »
A liability, gives me the jitters every time he gets the ball don't think even he knows what he's gonna do next. Think friends positioning and reading of the game let's him down but he's young and can't knock him for effort he's got a bit of skill too would like to see him used as a holding midfielder perhaps?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 30, 2011, 10:55:08 am by Chris Black come back »
Problem with Friend is that his distribution is as back as Martis!

The loanees at the back are not bad at getting the ball to one of our own players, but the only contracted player we have in defence who can actually play football is Jimmy.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 30, 2011, 12:04:55 pm by NickDRFC »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=195346
Problem with Friend is that his distribution is as back as Martis!

The loanees at the back are not bad at getting the ball to one of our own players, but the only contracted player we have in defence who can actually play football is Jimmy.

Jimmy? Really? I've always thought of him as a good engine, 110 per cent, but his delivery always let him down at full back. So many crosses from the right wing straight into touch!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 30, 2011, 12:08:45 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=195339
I said it at the start of the season and I say it now, Shelton is our best centre half by a street. GF has a big fan club but SM is a better player of that there is no doubt. Not being patronising but I think anyone who really knows the game and has played the position will see this as well. Yes he has got a rick in him at times but he will grow into a proper player with experience if he sorts his glass legs out.

Totally outstanding yesterday - just the basics !

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 30, 2011, 12:31:16 pm by inSODwetrust »
:clapping: MOTM for me!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2011, 01:01:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He does a better job of playmaker than Gary Woods.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012