Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:26:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: All mouth no action?  (Read 1937 times)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
All mouth no action?
« on October 30, 2011, 02:25:08 pm by scuzzer »
Been away a week or so but have to say yesterday looked just as clueless as the Leeds game! We were just lucky to be playing a shit team.

What I find of most concern though is that we're now nearly 6 weeks into this 'revolution' with zero sign of progress. Chimbonda looked ok yesterday but dived about like fanny, further backing up his gloved appearance. Ilunga showed glimpses of why he's made the level he has and then just as many of why he's no longer there.

Is it only me that thinks we're becoming a laughing stock being linked with every French poodle and it's mother but with nowt decent coming in and no points going on the board?

The seasons flashing by us, so are the opportunities for picking up points.

As for Saunders, sorry but he looks clueless, was at his level in the blue sq and given time would have us back there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re: All mouth no action?
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2011, 02:29:49 pm by VikingJames »
I forgot that SOD (our most successful manager of all time) had created the finished article after five weeks of his tenure... :dry:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 30, 2011, 02:39:17 pm by glosterred »
SOD had more time for his revolution, as we did not look to be in any danger of going down when he took charge. With DS we are in danger, very grave danger of going down and it has to change quickly. As if we do go down, I do not see us coming straight back up!

:scarf:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 30, 2011, 02:54:39 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=195397
SOD had more time for his revolution, as we did not look to be in any danger of going down when he took charge. With DS we are in danger, very grave danger of going down and it has to change quickly. As if we do go down, I do not see us coming straight back up!

:scarf:

And, THEREIN you have found at last the reason for change of manager. With SOD drfc were in with every chance of relegation, as was shown from January this year.
Forget that timeless injury hit squad, the players in the squad are as a generalisation not good enough.

There was a period of play yesterday ( about 15 min into game ), where Coventry \"passed the ball around\", as DRFC did a couple of seasons ago against QPR, almost pass for pass it was identical, yet all i hear is Coventry were shite, well if it applied to Coventry it must be same for DRFC under SOD. Its hard to imagine but Coventry have conceded less goals than either Leeds or Cardiff, yet look where they are respectivly in the league. Coventry are not a bad side, they just dont score many goals.

As for where the players are that are supposed to be better than what we have, wait about a week and see. Negotiations are underway, maybe bear fruit in next 7 days.

Then, 3 wins on the trot, Saunders will be wonderful and SOD resigned to history.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 30, 2011, 03:04:01 pm by Wellred »
The usual rubbish dished up by the SOD supporters.
Where have all those names come from that we are supposedly signing. Actually I haven't very many at all. Did any of us actually think we would be getting a new player a week?
Funny the mention about Coventry passing the ball about in their half for quite a long period of time. It reminded me of how we played earlier in the season and most of last season. Pass pass pass with nothing at the end of it.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 30, 2011, 10:03:18 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=195405
Where have all those names come from that we are supposedly signing. Actually I haven't very many at all. Did any of us actually think we would be getting a new player a week?
Funny the mention about Coventry passing the ball about in their half for quite a long period of time. It reminded me of how we played earlier in the season and most of last season. Pass pass pass with nothing at the end of it.

Once again for some reason you have turned the thread in to O'Driscoll bashing.

This thread is about how Dean Saunders (our current manager) doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He has no game plan or strategy, he says he wants us to play football but for the majority of games we've played god awful hoof ball.

The facts are since Saunders took charge we have had near enough a fully fit squad again (Billy Sharp and Brian Stock both returned in the Crystal Palace game) yet we have won 2 games, one from a lucky deflection and one from riding our luck after being battered for 90 minutes. We have not seen a good performance from the team over 90 minutes since he took charge and if Coventry weren't as shit at taking their chances we would have lost by 3 or 4 goals yesterday.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 30, 2011, 10:11:15 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=195488

This thread is about how Dean Saunders (our current manager) doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He has no game plan or strategy, he says he wants us to play football but for the majority of games we've played god awful hoof ball.

The facts are since Saunders took charge we have had near enough a fully fit squad again (Billy Sharp and Brian Stock both returned in the Crystal Palace game) yet we have won 2 games, one from a lucky deflection and one from riding our luck after being battered for 90 minutes. We have not seen a good performance from the team over 90 minutes since he took charge and if Coventry weren't as shit at taking their chances we would have lost by 3 or 4 goals yesterday.

Some contradictory comments there - Dean Saunders doesn't haven't a clue, but it's O'Driscoll's fully fit squad who are unable to play football. Give the guy time to get his own players in. There is only so much a manager can do if the players he inherits are simply not good enough. How do you know Saunders doesn't have a game plan or strategy, rather than the players not being capable of playing to it (or ignoring it)?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 30, 2011, 10:26:25 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=195489

Some contradictory comments there - Dean Saunders doesn't haven't a clue, but it's O'Driscoll's fully fit squad who are unable to play football. Give the guy time to get his own players in. There is only so much a manager can do if the players he inherits are simply not good enough. How do you know Saunders doesn't have a game plan or strategy, rather than the players not being capable of playing to it (or ignoring it)?

So its ok to have thread after thread Saunders bashing but nobody is allowed to critisise SOD.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 30, 2011, 10:32:59 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=195495
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=195489

So its ok to have thread after thread Saunders bashing but nobody is allowed to critisise SOD.

Not sure if you're questioning my response drfc1951. If so, please re-read what I wrote. I wasn't sticking up for SOD - I was asking drfcsteve to give Saunders time to get his own players in.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2011, 10:42:48 pm by drfc1951 »
WD wasnt replying to your response it was aimed at SteveDRFC.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 31, 2011, 10:50:17 am by drfcsteve »
Now Sean has gone all of a sudden it's the players that aren't good enough? Yet the last time he had all these players fit we were pushing for the play offs, now with the exact same players fit all we can manage is boring hoofball all game?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 31, 2011, 12:02:03 pm by scuzzer »
I'll have to retract the bit in the OP regarding being linked with loads of players and none coming off!!

Let's see what happens the next few weeks, i do still have major concerns about Saunders level of tactical nous.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012