Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:06:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where is all this ST info??  (Read 2573 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Where is all this ST info??
« on March 01, 2010, 06:50:45 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm a STH, but have no idea about anything to do with a price increase/early purchase price etc.

There's nothing on the OS about it, I've not had an e-mail about it, or received a written letter about it...so where's everybody else heard about it from?

And if other people are getting the nod about it before me, especially when, as appears to be the case, there's a very tight deadline for renewing at the cheaper price, I will NOT be happy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re:Where is all this ST info??
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 06:58:42 am by Dagenham Rover »
Keepmoat Stadium site

http://www.smc-doncaster.co.uk/ticketinformation/drfcseasontickets.php

scroll down a bit

Well done SMC stuffed up again

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 06:58:58 am by The Red Baron »
It's on the Keepmoat Stadium Ticket Office site. I have a feeling they might have released it earlier than they should. One would expect it to appear on DROS at least at the same time, if not earlier- along with some sort of rationale for the price hike and short timescales for the Early Bird.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 08:13:29 am by jucyberry »
If that is the case and the information HAS been released too early, then that would be even worse, if the shortage of time scale for early birds is percieved as being too short now, then just imagine the outcry if it didn't go out for say another three weeks or so.

I guess the prices were always going to rise, one, for taking into account inflation and two, to try and raise a little revenue..Although with the sort of sums bandied around in football in general, what seems to be a massive hike to the ordinary supporter is pennies in terms of putting into DRFC's coffers.

As with any thing tho I know those who are determined will find the cost somehow, those sadly with out the means will do as they can .it's the way of life. If you have it you get.. if you haven't you miss out.

Do they not still have that scheme thingy they ran last year for paying for the ticket in instalments? or is that a more expensive way to go?

I hope you all manage to get your tickets.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 08:29:49 am by The Red Baron »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
Keepmoat Stadium site

http://www.smc-doncaster.co.uk/ticketinformation/drfcseasontickets.php

scroll down a bit

Well done SMC stuffed up again

Why do you assume the SMC \"stuffed up?\" If they were given this information without an embargo then they would put it up on their site as soon as possible.

More like Rovers \"stuffed up again!\" This needed careful handling. A letter to existing STHs LAST WEEK with a renewal form and some words from JR justifying the price increase and the need to get revenue in early. Then a general release of the same information (say on Friday)with downloadable form on DROS. The details could also have been posted on the Keepmoat site at the same time.

It wouldn't lessen the sense of grievance about the price hike or the fact that Cat A STHs have got to find £440 in a month, but it would suggest that the club cared.

Oh yes- and a briefing to supporters' reps (eg Gartom) wouldn't have come amiss either.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2010, 09:00:45 am by Wellred »
I think the whole thing has been a farce. Blaming the SMC is out of order in fact the SMC have done us all a favour and made this information available.
As a season ticket holder why should I have find out that my season ticket has increased from £305 to £320 even if I pay for it before the end of March from the SMC?
John Ryan goes on about how we have progressed etc etc and how much of his personal money he has put into the club but isn't it about time he took a step back and sees how badly the club is run.
CCC on the pitch Northern Counties league off it.
The man who must take responsibility is the Chief Executive. He is totally useless. How many times has this man f***d up??
If he was the CEO in any other company he would have gone months ago.
Yet again the supporters of this great club are treated with disdain but do the powers that be care? Of course they don't. They know we will come back for more.
I'm afraid however that less and less will be coming back in future.
I can't wait for the excuses that we cannot sign players of the calibre of Billy Sharp because we haven't sold enough season tickets for next season.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 10:18:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wellred/TRB. Spot on. The 2010/11 season tickets go on sale TODAY!

Doncaster Rovers have once again proved themselves utterly administratively incompetent. By far and away THE most important revenue stream for next season doesn't even warrant a mention on the Fount of All Knowledge website, or an e-mail/letter to the current customers. Add that to the fact that prices are rising drastically for a large swathe of customers if they don't fork out immediately, emphasising the need for careful PR management and the whole thing becomes a shambles. And that's all aside from the sheer f**king common courtesy of liaising professionally with your customers.

Still living at sub-Conference level off the pitch. The entire admin/sales side of the club reeks of an attitude of \"Ahh, who gives a fcuk? If WE don't do our job, JR and the KM2 will just bail us out.\"

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2010, 01:31:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The Red Baron wrote:
It wouldn't lessen the sense of grievance about the price hike or the fact that Cat A STHs have got to find £440 in a month, but it would suggest that the club cared.[/quote]

I'm a Cat A STH, and on a MONTHLY salary.

This has completely stuffed up any financial planning I've got - and I'm booked to have a new boiler installed at £1400 next week. Suddenly I'm expected to find another £440 at the drop of a non-existant hint. And I only kmow about this because I happen to come on this site - how many hundreds in my situation still have no inkling about this at all because DRFC cares not a jot about telling anyone?

Thanks for FCUK ALL, whoever is responsible for this kick in the teeth.

Unless, of course, the intended effect was ALWAYS to make people have to cough up the higher amount. Which would be morally bankrupt and another kick in the teeth.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2010, 01:33:44 pm by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Unless, of course, the intended effect was ALWAYS to make people have to cough up the higher amount. Which would be morally bankrupt and another kick in the teeth.

That thought had crossed my mind as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012