Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:39:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question for the American politics experts  (Read 1371 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Question for the American politics experts
« on November 08, 2016, 10:07:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If Hillary Clinton becomes USA President, will Bill Clinton be the country's first first Man?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Question for the American politics experts
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2016, 10:21:04 pm by drfchound »
To do what ?
Obvious answers please.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 09, 2016, 05:44:15 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Seemingly not... what a bizarre result and even as someone of a Tory persuasion, worrying.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 09, 2016, 10:03:39 am by albie »
I did say long ago that I thought Trump was playing the long game well, although personally I disagree with him on most things.

It is more a question of the DEmocrats losing the election with the same old status quo appeal. Hilary was damaged goods, by history and association, which allowed Trump the wriggle room to sell himself to the disaffected.

Sanders would have beaten Trump IMHO, because he could have made a new offer free from the establishment label that hung over Clinton.

There's a lesson in all this about the changing nature of the political debate, here as well as in the USA. Some prefer to remain in their bunker though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 09, 2016, 10:09:39 am by bobjimwilly »
I did say long ago that I thought Trump was playing the long game well, although personally I disagree with him on most things.

It is more a question of the DEmocrats losing the election with the same old status quo appeal. Hilary was damaged goods, by history and association, which allowed Trump the wriggle room to sell himself to the disaffected.

Sanders would have beaten Trump IMHO, because he could have made a new offer free from the establishment label that hung over Clinton.

There's a lesson in all this about the changing nature of the political debate, here as well as in the USA. Some prefer to remain in their bunker though.

Nail on head albie.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 09, 2016, 08:54:21 pm by BobG »
I've been wondering for quite some time now what acronym would be used in place of FLOTUS?

Cheers

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2016, 05:24:43 am by hoolahoop »
I tend to think that he boxed clever and allowed her and the press to be diverted from real issues where he would be found sadly wanting .

Not sure the " baggage " as such made a difference but am damn sure that

TinyPortal © 2005-2012