Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:50:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: King Billy interview  (Read 3088 times)

YEP Digital

• Forum Member
King Billy interview
« on November 29, 2010, 10:33:21 am by YEP Digital »
Sharp, who returned to action in a midweek behind-closed-doors practice game with Chesterfield, said: \"At the start of the season I wasn't playing well and was playing with a few niggles. But I managed to get right and was starting to show a bit of form and then obviously, got injured. It was frustrating more than anything.

\"When you are starting to hit form and the team are playing well, you just want to be playing week in, week out.

I had been looking forward to the Sheffield United game all week. Before the game, I just said to myself to get in the right place at the right time just once to get a goal – luckily for me, that happened.\"

Click on the link for full interview: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/doncasterrovers/Doncaster-Rovers-Billy-Sharp-interview.6643386.jp

B :cheer:  B)  B)  B) )

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:King Billy interview
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2010, 10:57:32 am by BobG »
There's only one King Billy. And it ain't Billy Sharp!

BobG

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2010, 11:48:12 am by ReadingViking »
Totally agree Bob - Sharpy will have to settle for 'Prince Billy'

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2010, 12:08:10 pm by BobG »
I'll have to sit down to have a think at some point. Just about every single thing this bloke writes pisses me off. I suspect that hatred must have something to do with him clearly not being a Rovers supporter yet portraying himself as one amongst many. I don't like the advertising either - even if some people see that as a useful link to articles elsewhere. For me, that's just plain lazy by such people. It's not like the YEP is an unknown rag is it? Book mark it and check it yourself if you must.

As for Billy Sharp, I don't think he's done anything at all yet to deserve any nickname, honour, status. He's a player who could go on to be worthy of such an epithet - but right now? Give over :) He's played what? 30 games?

BobG

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2010, 12:33:00 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
No mention of Sharp snubbing an approach from Bellend Road in the January window last year and instead opting to stay at tinpot Rovers?

Strange.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2010, 01:01:22 pm by keyser_soze »
I see the 'King Billy' monniker as a tongue in cheek by the fans as a reference to Bremner, (and has been misunderstood by the press on this occasion)

I however wouldn't class Sharp alongside any other player who has played 30 (or whatever) games for Rovers and scored a few goals, that he chose to sign for us when more money was available elsewhere, and more poignantly the fact that he's the first player we have ever lashed out anything close to a million pounds on sets him aside from that. He could be special, and JR knew it. I think we all see the potential that JR sees, that this guy could go on to be an all-time great, and most iconic player in a period of time for the club that we may not see the likes of again in all of our lifetimes. Who are the names we'll remember in 30 years time? Tierney? Hayter? Heffernan? Green? Sharp?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2010, 05:18:22 pm by Wellred »
BobG wrote:
I'll have to sit down to have a think at some point. Just about every single thing this bloke writes pisses me off. I suspect that hatred must have something to do with him clearly not being a Rovers supporter yet portraying himself as one amongst many. I don't like the advertising either - even if some people see that as a useful link to articles elsewhere. For me, that's just plain lazy by such people. It's not like the YEP is an unknown rag is it? Book mark it and check it yourself if you must.

As for Billy Sharp, I don't think he's done anything at all yet to deserve any nickname, honour, status. He's a player who could go on to be worthy of such an epithet - but right now? Give over :) He's played what? 30 games?

BobG

I really am at a loss to understand your hatred of the YP Bob?
Who would you be referring to as King Billy when associated with rovers then?
Surely not Billy Bremner? Yes he is King Billy to LUFC fans but Rovers fans?
Personally I think it is a good article why knock the paper when they write good things about our club and players?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2010, 05:19:38 pm by Wellred »
BobG wrote:

BobG

I really am at a loss to understand your hatred of the YP Bob?
Who would you be referring to as King Billy when associated with rovers then?
Surely not Billy Bremner? Yes he is King Billy to LUFC fans but Rovers fans?
Personally I think it is a good article why knock the paper when they write good things about our club and players?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2010, 08:20:30 pm by scuzzer »
I reckon it must be time of t'month in Bob's house from his response to this and the lad who'd offered Woolford and Murphy as potential signings from up the M180.

I struggle to see what's so offensive in the YEP posts, it's a reminder that it's there and saves you looking through their site for an article, surely its a matter of choice to just click the link and have a look or ignore if you've got your own bookmarks set up.

Lighten up fella, its surely meant to be friendly lighthearted place to be this, away from work, recessions and troublesome homelives?!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2010, 08:29:20 pm by BobG »
I don't like advertising on here. And I don't like people pretending to know more than they do. As for that other little twerp, it's staggering how often someone on here tells someone to read a bit before they post something that's already the subject of a current thread. Laziness is something else I don't like.

Mr Grumpy

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on November 29, 2010, 09:32:00 pm by VikingJames »
BobG wrote:
I don't like advertising on here. And I don't like people pretending to know more than they do. As for that other little twerp, it's staggering how often someone on here tells someone to read a bit before they post something that's already the subject of a current thread. Laziness is something else I don't like.

Mr Grumpy

Good job it's not up to you then, isn't it.

Some of us quite appreciate being pointed in the direction of a good article about our team. Don't know about you, but I'm not likely to find every Rovers article going.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2010, 11:49:02 pm by donnyproletarian »
About time Rovers got some publicity instead of the lions share going to former big clubs with delusions of grandiour who refuse to wake up to the nightmare of lower leauge football.That is anything outside the premiour leauge.Then again its all about expectations For many rovers fans we are in our premiourship now and long may the party go on.Central to this fiesta is our Billy a man of principle who turned down the big cash to follow his vocation and play football.In my humble opinion this gesture is what makes him a king even if he never scores another goal again.Long may he rein .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012