Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:04:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gareth Roberts interview  (Read 3056 times)

YEP Digital

• Forum Member
Gareth Roberts interview
« on May 04, 2010, 04:00:16 pm by YEP Digital »
Mr Consistency Gareth Roberts is ready to pin his colours to the Doncaster Rovers mast – after revealing that he is in talks to extend his tenure at the Keepmoat Stadium.

The reliable Welsh defender is one of several players whose deals expire at the end of June, with others including Neil Sullivan, John Oster, James Hayter, Mark Wilson, Sam Hird and Adam Lockwood.

Click on the link for full story: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/doncasterrovers/Doncaster-Rovers-Gareth-Roberts-interview.6270900.jp

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re:Gareth Roberts interview
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2010, 04:05:08 pm by CusworthRovers »
That's very pleasing.

As somebody said before, I could see Gareth wanting 2-3 years and the club only offering 1. Let's hope he gets a 2 year deal.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2010, 04:08:44 pm by mushRTID »
2 years would be fair all round.

Lets hope this kind of news follows for the other important players.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2010, 04:34:46 pm by DonnyNoel »
I'd be happy if both him and Chambers got 2 year deals. Player for player I think full back is one of our strongest areas.

I'm sure they could have found a better pic of Robbo though - he looks like someone who missed the cut for Billy Elliot...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2010, 10:35:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Worth a 2 year contract just for the professionalism he brings and the influence he can have on others.

The younger elements of the squad will learn a hell of a lot from Gareth.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2010, 11:56:39 pm by RobTheRover »
And making him captain in the run in was a good piece of psychology.  TBH, I have never seen Robbo as a skipper type, but I can see Oster as the leader on the field next season.

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 05, 2010, 08:04:09 am by The_Rooky »
RobTheRover wrote:
And making him captain in the run in was a good piece of psychology.  TBH, I have never seen Robbo as a skipper type, but I can see Oster as the leader on the field next season.

...are you [more than] suggesting that Stocky won't be around next season then?! I know there's been a lot of speculation around Stocky's future - but I've always regarded it as just that - speculation.  Do you know any different Rob?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 05, 2010, 10:48:43 am by River Don »
I can't believe Rovers haven't extended Roberts contract before now. I'd have thought we'd have learned that lesson after Paul Greens departure.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 05, 2010, 01:06:49 pm by RobTheRover »
The_Rooky wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

...are you [more than] suggesting that Stocky won't be around next season then?! I know there's been a lot of speculation around Stocky's future - but I've always regarded it as just that - speculation.  Do you know any different Rob?

No, I know nothing on that, but given the way Stocky and Oster go about their respective business, I would say Oster is the one with the most leadership potential.

It might cause a temporary ruction or two in the dressing room, but I'd sign Oster up for another 2-3 years and hand him the captaincy as part of the deal.  Fine player though Stocky undoubtedly is, he has never struck me as the most vocal of captains.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 05, 2010, 01:16:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
In reality, Rob, Stocky's hardly been around to contest the armband anyway, this last season. You're right about the vocal part, Rob, but it didn't stop Ritchie doing the 'vocal' bit whilst he was here, so does it matter, really?

I'm torn on this - on the one hand Gareth has been tremendous for us ever since we got to the CCC, but on the other hand, he's getting on, for a FB!

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 05, 2010, 01:38:28 pm by CottyRover »
I will be really pleased if Gareth is still in the hoops next season. Funny to think that ayear ago, after he didn't get so many games, I was thinking he perhaps wasn't up to CCC! This season he has been awesome.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012