Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:05:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Email from Grant  (Read 818 times)

JoeyRover, MattDRFC, Lifelong supporter, ian1980, Bentley Bullet, Rover_for_life, Batleyred (+ 1 Hidden) and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Email from Grant
« on Today at 05:29:00 pm by mushRTID »
He is just something else isn't he. We are lucky to have him. Let's go Grant!

I would like to thank you for your tremendous support on Friday night.

It was incredible to walk out and see the stands packed with supporters, even for the warm-up. The noise you generated all night long was brilliant and kept us pushing for the winner until the end.

The support we received all season was really heartening. You stuck with us when results were not what we hoped and powered us forward in the brilliant end to the season.

We are gutted we did not deliver the result on Friday night and that feeling of defeat was very hard to take. To see so many people upset will be a major motivating factor for us going forward.

We will dust ourselves down and quickly begin to focus fully on next season. Planning has been going on in the background for several months but we now put that in place in earnest and I hope you will be excited about what we deliver.

When I spoke after the game, to both the players and then to you via the media, I made it clear that I want to win the league next season. The players were told in no uncertain terms that if they have any thoughts other than that, they will not be required here.

I want you to be on board with that level of passion and commitment too. Drive us on as you have so brilliantly done over the last few months and we can achieve great things together.

Thank you so much to those that have bought 2024/25 Season Memberships already. It means so much to all of us at the club.

I hope that more of you will consider doing the same. These last few months have shown much more what we are all about and what we want to produce on a more consistent basis next season.

It feels like we have brought the club and supporters back in alignment over this past year.

Let’s continue that together and get the club back where it belongs.

Thank you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Email from Grant
« Reply #1 on Today at 05:40:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Great email and exactly what we need to do. I sincerely hope he means it.

He must not like me though I didn't get it (off to cry).

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on Today at 05:46:50 pm by philsky »

I got the email.

Used the money I saved for the Wembley trip to buy my first season ticket since SOD was in charge.

Just a small gesture.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on Today at 05:48:58 pm by karldew »
Should of signed it off

#LeagueOneAgainOleOle

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on Today at 05:50:03 pm by GazLaz »
#Going4It

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on Today at 05:55:19 pm by idler »
Mine came at 17:09 but only just read it. A great gesture that makes you really feel part of the club. I can’t see that happening at many other clubs.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on Today at 06:33:33 pm by grayx »
Well i think folk can stop worrying about Grant leaving. Hes on a mission here.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on Today at 07:42:59 pm by DRFCSouth »
I think I'm re-iterating what has been said before, but, there is a lot of trust in Grant, even when things seem to be going a bit wrong.

Just need to have a squad fit to challenge next season.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on Today at 07:47:09 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
As long as Grant is backed, I believe he will stay here for a while, his wife said he loved his time previously here and persuaded him to come back, it would take a seriously good offer I believe for his head to be turned now.

Let’s hope Terry does the right thing and back Grant to build an unstoppable team 

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on Today at 08:00:33 pm by pib »
People might think this sort of thing isn’t important, but IMO it really is.

If you’re trying to build something you have to bring people with you, and he gets that. Always has done.

I think he’s part of the reason why the crowd on Friday exceeded even those in previous play-off campaigns.

He’s a powerful personality and knows how to get people onside. I can only imagine what it’s like playing for him. I’d run through brick walls for the guy if I played for him.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on Today at 08:01:06 pm by Fal »
Great email and exactly what we need to do. I sincerely hope he means it.

He must not like me though I didn't get it (off to cry).

Must hate me too, I didn’t get one either!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on Today at 08:15:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I haven't had one either. He'd better not ring me for advice in future, that's all I can say.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on Today at 08:24:08 pm by ian1980 »
I got the email this afternoon and do you know what, I’m getting on the McCann promotion train.

Getting our 3x season tickets next week when back from holiday.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on Today at 08:35:54 pm by Chris the Rover »
I have just read mine. What an inspiring message. If that doesn’t convince wavering supporters to get on board, nothing will. We are blessed to have him as our manager.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on Today at 08:40:44 pm by keyser_soze »
Perhaps not reading the room here but seem to remember him say something similar about wanting loyalty from his players last time just before he buggered off :)

I got the email, great to read. Certainly the club is in a stronger place 12 months after his arrival.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on Today at 08:43:46 pm by RoversInSpain »
Great email to now draw a final line under 23/24, no more to be discussed. Everything we talk about should be about looking ahead to 24/25, it could be rather good.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on Today at 08:59:57 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Has ANY manager EVER ‘spoken’ to the fan base with such a believable passion & commitment?

Granted (no pun intended) we’ve moved on from the ‘Green ‘Un’ in the way that a manager can ‘address’ the fans but, Grant has used the media he has at his disposal to ‘lay it all on the line’.

I’m ‘in’.

I was from the first day he was appointed.

You have my unwavering support Grant McCann.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on Today at 09:02:25 pm by DRFC_AjA »
This was one of those things that in theory was easy (click send to all) but in reality how many other managers or clubs have done this. A small thing that means a lot. What a guy what a club  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012