Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:32:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Willie McKay  (Read 12352 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Willie McKay
« Reply #60 on February 05, 2012, 07:37:37 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=218102
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218094
Yes you're right, i will struggle. We're in a worse position now though than when he came here, and thats with all these so called 'superstars'.

What happens next season if/when we're in league 1? we're left with hardly any players, no board, no money, less fans, and a manager with no proven track record.

The route we are going down can't work at all! It was destined to fail from the start.

I'll not go into why i personally hate McKay either though.

We're in a better place in the league, fact.

Djiouf for one is a benefit to the club, massivley IMO.

\"What happens if...\" What happens if we stay in the Championship? Anyway, your point says with hardly any players... WM is reponsible for what exactly there, in that \"what if...\" scenario?

No board. WM's part in that?

Less fans? Well our league position and results are better, our squad is anything but weaker. Are you saying WM has a BO problem or what?

Manager with no proven track record... like DP perhaps? WM may have been involved with promoting him as an option to JR, but he is his agent. DS is yet to prove himself maybe, but so far he's done at least okay. Either way, thats a DS issue and not a WM one, unless you are suggesting that DS deal came with a WM package tied to it. Thats not a fact, though even if true there's nothing to show its a problem. Please be specific.

The route we're going down can't work... why?

I don't care about any personal issues you have with WM, and why even mention it if you're then going to leave it hanging?

Please make an argument that contains reasoning and then we can discuss it.

Saunders is only here because of McKay and thats another thing that really winds me up about all this!

I've left it hanging cos i dont wanna get done (or worse), i really really hate him and im probably one of the only people on here who'll openly say that whilever he is involved in our club then i want us to fail!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 05, 2012, 07:38:27 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"NorthNorfolkRover\" post=218100
I agree  debate should be encouraged but theanti mckay brigade are just saying the same thing week after week. Its just boring but more worryingly they step it up just as we seem to be turning the corner. Its as if some folk on here want us to be relegated just to beproved right. If you have nothing original to post please shut up.
[/color]

Don't be daft NNR, those that don't feel comfortable with what's happening over the last 3/4 months DON'T want to see relegation.
Anything 'original' on here is instantly pounced upon (with/without data). Fora aren't always about statistics but mainly about 'gut feelings' as to the current or future direction of the club and individuals who work/run/associate themselves with it. If it was all about statistics, being successful/popular etc........we would all be armchair fans of one of the Prem. teams.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 05, 2012, 07:39:30 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=218105
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218104
Ok then, he was brought in to reduce or wage bil and keep us up. So far i'd say he's failing.

if we're relegated (near enough nailed on for me) then it'll be a proven failure and one that was disastrous. It also sets a dangerous precident for agents getting even more involved with football  clubs, and clubs long term plans being thrown out of the window.

It's genuinly a pathetic route that the club have gone down, and one that has seen us be the laughing stock of english football.

Great publicity for us though. Us being linked with foreign players and them ending up at other clubs on loan or trial.

Is that the best answer you can come up with??

4/10 must try much harder.

Sorry had homework to do.

I've moved up a set so got really hard adding and subracting to do.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 05, 2012, 07:39:39 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218106
Yes you're right, i will struggle. We're in a worse position now though than when he came here, and thats with all these so called 'superstars'.

What happens next season if/when we're in league 1? we're left with hardly any players, no board, no money, less fans, and a manager with no proven track record.

The route we are going down can't work at all! It was destined to fail from the start.

\"What happens if...\" What happens if we stay in the Championship? Anyway, your point says with hardly any players... WM is reponsible for what exactly there, in that \"what if...\" scenario?

Less fans? Well our league position and results are better, our squad is anything but weaker. Are you saying WM has a BO problem or what?

Manager with no proven track record... like DP perhaps? WM may have been involved with promoting him as an option to JR, but he is his agent. DS is yet to prove himself maybe, but so far he's done at least okay. Either way, thats a DS issue and not a WM one, unless you are suggesting that DS deal came with a WM package tied to it. Thats not a fact, though even if true there's nothing to show its a problem. Please be specific.

I don't care about any personal issues you have with WM, and why even mention it if you're then going to leave it hanging?

Saunders is only here because of McKay and thats another thing that really winds me up about all this!

I've left it hanging cos i dont wanna get done (or worse), i really really hate him and im probably one of the only people on here who'll openly say that whilever he is involved in our club then i want us to fail!

and you claim to be a supporter???

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 05, 2012, 07:40:54 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218108
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=218105
Ok then, he was brought in to reduce or wage bil and keep us up. So far i'd say he's failing.

if we're relegated (near enough nailed on for me) then it'll be a proven failure and one that was disastrous. It also sets a dangerous precident for agents getting even more involved with football  clubs, and clubs long term plans being thrown out of the window.

It's genuinly a pathetic route that the club have gone down, and one that has seen us be the laughing stock of english football.

Great publicity for us though. Us being linked with foreign players and them ending up at other clubs on loan or trial.

Is that the best answer you can come up with??

4/10 must try much harder.

Sorry had homework to do.

I've moved up a set so got really hard adding and subracting to do.

Do they give you homework in junior school now? My how times have changed.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 05, 2012, 07:41:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=218095
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=218090
Can I just point out that we may / may not have signed some dogshit players over last few months, but pre-McKay we signed the following players under SOD and paid them money during their time here -

- Tomi Ameobi
- Shelton Martis
- Harry Worley

Oh please. Don't put Martis in the same category as two players who clearly were never good enough to play professional football.

The opinion of Martis held by some of our fans is so far past even wanting to acknowledge the good facets of his game. He isn't the worst defender at the club presently and he is a damn sight better than a great many of the defenders to pass through our doors, especially Harry Worley!

Shelton is not very good. Let's be honest. He is usually fit for circa 1/3 of each season and in the games he plays there are usually 25% admittedly good performances and 75% where he is usually, although to be fair note always, at fault for the winning goal(s).

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 05, 2012, 07:44:42 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=218109

Yes, have been since the conference days Wellred.

Year 4 was when i started to get homework, its pretty hard but i can do my times tables upto 6. Got my first 'bien' sticker last week so im pretty proud of myself right now.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 05, 2012, 07:47:01 pm by RoversAlias »
Chris_Black_come_back - I don't think that's quite fair, he isn't at fault for 3/4 of the opposition winning goals when he plays.  I don't think he's made any more mistakes than some of our other players in the last couple of seasons. But really I just didn't like you putting him in the same bracket as Ameobi and Worley, because those two are lucky if they manage to walk in a straight line without falling over for 10 seconds based on what we saw of them.

whilever he is involved in our club then i want us to fail!

You cannot possibly call yourself a DRFC supporter if you truly mean this statement 'donnyroversfc'. Unbelievable that really is...so you're saying you want us to fail, what just so you can be proven right, and come on here and say \"I told you so!\" when we go down?

Also, 'whilever' isn't a word so I hope you weren't moved up a set in English as well as Maths because it would be a terrible mistake.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 05, 2012, 07:49:24 pm by Akinfenwa »

The wage bill has gone down since McKay has arrived. As for keeping us up, lets wait until the end of the season to judge. We were going down anyway so was worth a shot in my opinion (and the board's). I couldn't give a toss if agents are getting more involved, what difference does it make? Its hardly like we actually had a long term plan, losing millions per season and patching the team up each summer with at max, year long solutions who were trialists and whatnot. That couldn't have carried on long term, proven now by the resignation of the directors.

Are we a laughing stock really? Don't think so. We were more of a laughing stock when we were getting tonked every week. And even if we are a laughing stock, who cares what anyone else thinks? Since we've been in this league we've mostly had other bitter fans putting us down regarding crowds, club size and \"likes of Doncaster\" etc. Sod 'em.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 05, 2012, 07:51:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on Martis to be honest.

Much more sympathy on Ameobi though. He is literally the most incapable footballer I have ever seen at Rovers, and that includes all the tripe that was served up in 97/98. God only knows what on earth SOD saw in him. It is one thing signing him but then playing him? Good god that was a real SOD low point. I genuinely think you could have put any able bodied fan on the pitch and they would have matched up to Tomi. I hear he is now playing football in Iceland (the country, not the supermarket).

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 05, 2012, 07:54:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Actually the guy Timlin we had on loan from Fulham was pretty bad and both Alford and Jackson were total dog shit. Think Tomi would make it in a five a side team with Weaver's fat neighbour in net, Timlin, Alford and Jackson. The worst Rovers have had to offer.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 05, 2012, 07:54:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=218114
Chris_Black_come_back - I don't think that's quite fair, he isn't at fault for 3/4 of the opposition winning goals when he plays.  I don't think he's made any more mistakes than some of our other players in the last couple of seasons. But really I just didn't like you putting him in the same bracket as Ameobi and Worley, because those two are lucky if they manage to walk in a straight line without falling over for 10 seconds based on what we saw of them.

You cannot possibly call yourself a DRFC supporter if you truly mean this statement 'donnyroversfc'. Unbelievable that really is...so you're saying you want us to fail, what just so you can be proven right, and come on here and say \"I told you so!\" when we go down?

Also, 'whilever' isn't a word so I hope you weren't moved up a set in English as well as Maths because it would be a terrible mistake.

No its not because i want to be proven right at all... If we fail it means McKay leaves, thats what i want.

I was unfortunately moved down a set in English (rightly so because i mistakenly didn't use commas in one of my essay's). Thankfully my english teacher doesn't read this forum otherwise i fear he'd move me down even more!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 05, 2012, 07:55:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Some stats on this based on league games only.  Fairly simple stats I'd say.

SOD in 2011;
Matches   32
Won   3
Drawn   10
Lost   19

Points   19
PPG   0.59375
46 Games   27.3125

DS since he took over
Matches   21
Won   6
Drawn   5
Lost   10

Points   23
PPG   1.095238095
46 Games   50.38095238

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 05, 2012, 07:56:44 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=218118
Actually the guy Timlin we had on loan from Fulham was pretty bad and both Alford and Jackson were total dog shit. Think Tomi would make it in a five a side team with Weaver's fat neighbour in net, Timlin, Alford and Jackson. The worst Rovers have had to offer.

Surely Nic Priet deserves a mention? One of the worst players i've ever had the displeasure to see in a rovers shirt!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 05, 2012, 07:58:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Wage bill - so far minus BS, Wilson and some of the previous loanees. Plus what? Button reportedly VERY cheap, the rest all on low wages. Could be in terms of a \"longer plan\" next season we lose a few more regular players and survive on cheap (and thats undoubtedly so for what we're getting) loanees and short term contracts a lot more. Also, the long term plan was to reduce the wage bill, JR never mentioned the short term plan. If you can't cost it, even approximately, please don't make such claims.

If we're relegated - thats an if mate, and we may well have been relegated anyway, certainly was looking that way. The precident you mention is ifs and but and anyway is stretching your argument, please stick to DRFC.

The players coming to us and ending up at other clubs statement is very negative and anyway irrelevant.

Saunders only here because of WM isn't \"fact\". Even if it is, you've no reason to say why that has a negative effect on the club. And here lets look at negative in terms of results, club position, finances and long terms plans. As far as I see it, we're moving forwards on all those points, and yes, including finances as the WM players are cheaper.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 05, 2012, 07:59:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218119

No its not because i want to be proven right at all... If we fail it means McKay leaves, thats what i want.

I was unfortunately moved down a set in English (rightly so because i mistakenly didn't use commas in one of my essay's). Thankfully my english teacher doesn't read this forum otherwise i fear he'd move me down even more!

Surely if Mckay succeeds, Rovers succeed and we're all happy right?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 05, 2012, 08:03:30 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=218126

McKay will succeed whether we do or not.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 05, 2012, 08:12:59 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218128
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=218126

McKay will succeed whether we do or not.

I suggest you look out of your windows and if you see any men in white coats coming lock the doors.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 05, 2012, 08:35:37 pm by Red wizard »

ONE LAST TIME MCAKAY IS NOT AN AGENT ANYMORE. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE POSTING CRAP. Thats why i don't get people saying he is only here for the money, get real. If he wanted more money he would be an agent still. He is a friend of Deanos not his agent. FACT.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 05, 2012, 08:39:25 pm by dickos1 »
Not being funny but this lad does not have a clue what he is talking about, everything he says is presumption. McKay hasn't failed, if we stay up he has succeeded massively. We've also currently got one of the best goalkeepers, defenders and forward we've ever had. Our home form is as good as its been in about 2 years.
The lad has not got a clue, he jumped on the bandwagon at the start and now people are deciding to give the regime a chance he doesn't like it, we're all in the same boat were all fans we all want us to stay up. At the end of the season we can discuss the rights and wrongs but to attempt it now is ridiculous. Let the young lad carry on with his ludicrous views and statements, but just leave him to it..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 05, 2012, 08:41:17 pm by dickos1 »
Anybody who states he wants us to get relegated and has given his season ticket away should surely be ignored..

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 05, 2012, 08:47:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=218084
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=218070
You won't need one soon .......it may well be self-evident. Why does everyone on here questioning the divine wisdom of either JR or the VSC get treated in such a disparaging manner?
There was a time when everyone's point of view could be heard on this forum, whether it fits the general concensus or not. Do you all remember when Richardson was embraced as a 'saviour and brother -in -arms ? Wake up folks and allow everyone to express their opinions in a democratic way without being rubbished as a young lad/trouble maker that knows feck all.
Many of you made made this mistake before .........:angry:
Btw I am not pro or con yet but like many of you I am keeping an open mind until the picture fully unfolds.
:chair:

I'm not picking sides, thats stupid. So are the people who can somehow predict the doom of the club as a result of McKay's involvement based on sod all. Maybe we'll be worse off with less directors but that's different.

I don't think that anybody minds people's opinion providing its put across well and actually based on something that makes sense. Others are then also allowed to question their logic too.

I do think though, that some people choose to dislike things for the sake of it and go out of their way to criticise or take a dig at the club at every opportunity. That will probably never change whatever happens.

If only you was right on that Akinfenwa.  How about the treatmet dished out to VivaRovers?  He certainly put his opinion across well and based it on something that makes sense.  Unfortunately there still were people who disliked it and acted in a less than civilised manner.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 05, 2012, 08:47:29 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=218138
Anybody who states he wants us to get relegated and has given his season ticket away should surely be ignored..

You could look at it like that, and I wouldn't blame you for doing so, or you could look at it as someone who feels so passionatley against what is happening at Doncaster Rovers that he has resorted to wanting us relegated for (in his view) the good of the club and has thrown away his own money because he can't stand to see what is currently happening.

Personally I don't agree with what he is saying, I (like you dickos) believe the time will come in the future where we can fully discuss the \"sucess\" or \"failure\" of this season. I expressed my concerns in the past and now I (along with many others) want to move on from the matter, but just because someone else doesn't isn't an invitation for us to single him out as an idiot or make comparisons between him and mental disorders, ignore him by all means that is your right, but please don't encourage others to do so, I imagine they will able to come to that conclusion themselves if it is the right one.

P.S. Good to see you back Dickos, the forum has been quiet over the weekend without you B)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 05, 2012, 08:48:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=218137
Not being funny but this lad does not have a clue what he is talking about, everything he says is presumption. McKay hasn't failed, if we stay up he has succeeded massively. We've also currently got one of the best goalkeepers, defenders and forward we've ever had. Our home form is as good as its been in about 2 years.
The lad has not got a clue, he jumped on the bandwagon at the start and now people are deciding to give the regime a chance he doesn't like it, we're all in the same boat were all fans we all want us to stay up. At the end of the season we can discuss the rights and wrongs but to attempt it now is ridiculous. Let the young lad carry on with his ludicrous views and statements, but just leave him to it..

I agree that the best time to assess this is at the end of the season or beyond. Meanwhile people do have opinions and questions and thats only right that they're aired. However, there are too many presumptions and so on which make a mess of the forums. Everything he says isn't presumption, but lets not dwell on that, lets hone into the facts or reasons behind statements and deal with those. That way its not personal... which is what gets feckin tiresome on here.

As for letting him, or anyone else carry on - thats fine if its a one statement thing but it isn't, its endless. As it has been with a few others. Thats why it was great he was asked here to back up his arguments, and why I tried to focus in on that. Otherwise we have diarrhea.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 05, 2012, 09:12:07 pm by graingrover »
Much as it pains me to take the trouble even to post under this thread i just need to register my total contempt for the original poster of this thread and furthermore my disgust at his comment on Mckay. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING THIS SITE ?IF THE AIM IS TO SUPPORT ROVERS .... WHY IS HE ALLOWED TO POST ON HERE??? People like him must just drive JR spare and personally I do not wish to continue to support VSC if this is what the site has sunk to.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 05, 2012, 09:25:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
donnyroversfc :suicide:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 05, 2012, 09:33:59 pm by Bessie Red »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218112

Year 4 was when i started to get homework, its pretty hard but i can do my times tables upto 6. Got my first 'bien' sticker last week so im pretty proud of myself right now.

So you've been going since the conference days eh! Well then its been pretty much success every year since you started going (Obviously thats because of your age) - its been good hasn't it.
Now then this current period is the first downturn you will have experienced unlike alot of the contributors on here.
All of us who have been through some seriously poor years following the Rovers, such as myself from when I first went in 1974, managed to remain loyal supporters hoping beyond hope that one day we could be truly proud of our club despite everything that went wrong. Therefore you suggesting that we are relegated just because you happen to disagree with the current plan does dissapoint me greatly.

Remember to be a true supporter means getting behind your team no matter what!!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 05, 2012, 09:44:08 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Bessie Red\" post=218148

So you've been going since the conference days eh! Well then its been pretty much success every year since you started going (Obviously thats because of your age) - its been good hasn't it.
Now then this current period is the first downturn you will have experienced unlike alot of the contributors on here.
All of us who have been through some seriously poor years following the Rovers, such as myself from when I first went in 1974, managed to remain loyal supporters hoping beyond hope that one day we could be truly proud of our club despite everything that went wrong. Therefore you suggesting that we are relegated just because you happen to disagree with the current plan does dissapoint me greatly.

I would  get behind the club, just not with McKay here! I'm not some glory hunter or antything like that, i just dont want to be involved in supporting a football club while they are emplying McKay. If we go down this season, then McKay leaves, so i'll be first in the queue to renew my season ticket and support the team!

I feel strongly on this and nothing anyone says or does is gunna change my views on this plan or McKay himself.

Dagenham.Rover :suicide:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 05, 2012, 09:51:31 pm by Bessie Red »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218151
Quote from: \"Bessie Red\" post=218148

I would  get behind the club, just not with McKay here! I'm not some glory hunter or antything like that, i just dont want to be involved in supporting a football club while they are emplying McKay. If we go down this season, then McKay leaves, so i'll be first in the queue to renew my season ticket and support the team!

I feel strongly on this and nothing anyone says or does is gunna change my views on this plan or McKay himself.

I never said you were a glory hunter. I said you should support the team no matter what.
When Richardson was here I despised the man but although it was hard I still supported the team. Never wish that your team gets relegated - just saying!

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 05, 2012, 10:11:46 pm by Akinfenwa »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218151

So you want the club to be relegated, even during these potentially difficult times financially just because you don't like agents? Odd priorities! Also a bit selfish don't you think? Afterall its going to be someone else (JR and co.) who has to somehow plug the financial gap upon relegation. I don't see how anyone can think that relegation would be a good thing for the club. Nor do I get why someone can dislike McKay so much for seemingly no reason.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012