Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:04:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Willie McKay  (Read 12347 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Willie McKay
« Reply #90 on February 05, 2012, 10:27:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
It'll be their own fault if the club is relegated and they lose money.

The club have always been proud that we are run properly and do things in 'the correct way'. Now they are throwing all that away and letting a football agent (who are the scum of the game) run things.

The club wants more fans down at the keepmoat but spend most of their time slagging off the supporters in interviews and such. If they spent less time doing that and more time promoting the f*** games then maybe we'd have more fans.

John Ryan said when talking about Sheff Utd that too many loans (short term players) at the club is bad and will only end in failure. So why go with a plan that is based around having short term players?

Also, why the f*** is McKay on The Late Kickoff anyway? Who they having on next week? An exclusive interview with the Kitman at Rotherham?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 05, 2012, 10:32:35 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218157
It'll be their own fault if the club is relegated and they lose money.

The club have always been proud that we are run properly and do things in 'the correct way'. Now they are throwing all that away and letting a football agent (who are the scum of the game) run things.

The club wants more fans down at the keepmoat but spend most of their time slagging off the supporters in interviews and such. If they spent less time doing that and more time promoting the fcuking games then maybe we'd have more fans.

John Ryan said when talking about Sheff Utd that too many loans (short term players) at the club is bad and will only end in failure. So why go with a plan that is based around having short term players?

Also, why the fcuk is McKay on The Late Kickoff anyway? Who they having on next week? An exclusive interview with the Kitman at Rotherham?

So many contradictions in there,,
No football agent is running the club
We currently don't have anymore loan/short term players than we have had any other season, in fact we have less
Maybe if you watch the programme you will get a better understanding of him rather than guessing

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 05, 2012, 10:46:56 pm by RoversAlias »
Also, why the f*** is McKay on The Late Kickoff anyway? Who they having on next week? An exclusive interview with the Kitman at Rotherham?

Actually cleverdick, they had an interview with Bradford's kit man on last weeks show!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 05, 2012, 10:54:37 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=218166
Also, why the fcuk is McKay on The Late Kickoff anyway? Who they having on next week? An exclusive interview with the Kitman at Rotherham?

Actually cleverdick, they had an interview with Bradford's kit man on last weeks show!

Was he on the show as a guest though or just an interview? Do they also have proper guests on like managers/players? or is it the norm for The Late Kick-Off to have people like kitmen/transfer advisors on the show?

Doesn't sound like a very good programme tbh.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 05, 2012, 11:40:29 pm by donnyproletarian »
What a load of anal retentive moaning t**ts.No wonder no one wants to join this joke of a foruum.If i was JR i would be half way to the Carabean by now.Here are the facts .Rovers were going down.JR took a gamble and brought Mcay in to save the club.If it doesnt work out at least he has had a go.Sod was and is a top man but was honest enough to recognise he couldnt keep us up.JR as worked his b*llocks off keeping this club afloat and like us all wants to see us LIVING THE DREAM and having one last crack at the promised land before he pops his clogs.As for Mckay i dont care if he is a child molester as long as he can deliver the goods .Having said that , the guy is a business man and someway along the way there will be a pay off .Maybe he just wants some posotive PR since he fell foul of the press.But this is true of all capitilast and is no better or worse than your average exploiting bourgouise friendly gaffer who keeps you in the shit on a daily basis .

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on February 05, 2012, 11:43:24 pm by grayx »
Must admit I haven't read all of this thread because there seems to be quite a lot of crap on it.
All I will say is that I'm impressed with the quality of players we have managed to attract since Mr McKay has come on board ie,Diouf,Beye. However, he didn't do himself any favours by stating he was here to make money for himself. I'm sitting firmly on the fence at the moment, but Mr Mckay seems to have more enemies than friends from what I'm hearing.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on February 06, 2012, 01:30:26 am by silent majority »
I didn't hear too many people creating a fuss when he brought Gordon Greer to the club.

I also didn't hear anybody kicking up a fuss when we paid agent's thousands of pounds in the last few years, so why this guy? At least this guy lives in Doncaster and has his son's in the academy, or is that the problem?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on February 06, 2012, 01:38:40 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=218199
I didn't hear too many people creating a fuss when he brought Gordon Greer to the club.

I also didn't hear anybody kicking up a fuss when we paid agent's thousands of pounds in the last few years, so why this guy? At least this guy lives in Doncaster and has his son's in the academy, or is that the problem?

Like Grayx I really can't be arsed to read the drivel on this thread.  However SM, the reason I'm not convinced is nothing to do with McKay at all.  It's due to our complete about turn in policy and beliefs.  Let's not forget JR went public last season bemoaning Cardiff bringing in Craig Bellamy with Man City paying most of the wages.  I'm perfectly happy to accept that JR has thought, stuff em if we can't beat them join them and it's one way to deal with our relative lack of means at this level.  If that's the case then I'll continue along... but if it was anyone else other than JR doing this I'd be just as unhappy as some of the others on here.  It's the trust and respect that we have for him which has enabled some to buy completely into it whilst others stomach it without liking it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on February 06, 2012, 01:44:52 am by RobTheRover »
I think thats exactly it, Rios, which is why (to me, at least) we need to give this a bit of time to see how it pans out.

I dare say Willie's public persona from the press has got a few peoples backs up without them ever meeting him.  I've never met him, but I know he's doing his level best for us, and in my eyes that means the bloke doesnt deserve a slagging from folks who have made a snap judgement on whether they like him or not.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on February 06, 2012, 09:07:55 am by Wild Rover »
How many of these \"Loans\" did DRFC actually get in, Ilunga,Baye,Goulon and Three  \"Keepers\", only 2 of which managed more than 1 game ( and as 2 are not being tried to be moved out by parent clubs, maybe all 3, they maybe didnt come cheap )and latterly Plessis  and the younger brother Robert . FFS they were loans, same as any other loan DRFC have had, just cheaper.
Is it McKay's fault that DRFC were able to obtain their services cheaply.

I think McKay and JR and anyone associated with the move should be applauded, not derided.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 06, 2012, 09:23:03 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=218120
Some stats on this based on league games only.  Fairly simple stats I'd say.

SOD in 2011;
Matches   32
Won   3
Drawn   10
Lost   19

Points   19
PPG   0.59375
46 Games   27.3125

DS since he took over
Matches   21
Won   6
Drawn   5
Lost   10

Points   23
PPG   1.095238095
46 Games   50.38095238

I haven't seen a thread/article/topic/post on 'Sean O'driscoll vs Dean Saunders' for about a month or so now, and I was quite enjoying it!

Congratulations on bringing this up again!  :clapping: :thumbdown:

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 06, 2012, 09:39:55 am by ditch_drfc »
Yeah why did you bring that up again bfyp? What was the point exactly? Cause another argument ?

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 06, 2012, 09:50:54 am by inSODwetrust »
No arguments to be seen on this forum! :huh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on February 06, 2012, 09:55:57 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=218233
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=218120
Some stats on this based on league games only.  Fairly simple stats I'd say.

SOD in 2011;
Matches   32
Won   3
Drawn   10
Lost   19

Points   19
PPG   0.59375
46 Games   27.3125

DS since he took over
Matches   21
Won   6
Drawn   5
Lost   10

Points   23
PPG   1.095238095
46 Games   50.38095238

I haven't seen a thread/article/topic/post on 'Sean O'driscoll vs Dean Saunders' for about a month or so now, and I was quite enjoying it!

Congratulations on bringing this up again!  :clapping: :thumbdown:

I think it`s relevant to counteract the view that donnyroversfc is putting across, he says we are doing no better now, when those stats prove we are, considerably!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 06, 2012, 10:08:02 am by ditch_drfc »
Ok but whilst you can argue the stats, you know full well that donnyroversfc means league position. He's pretty much right that we're doing no better. We're still in relegation... If we got relegated under sod bottom of the table would it be worse than getting relegated under DS 3rd bottom? I don't think it's that relevant. if we get relegated, then we get relegated. Regardless of league position we will have done no better.

Hope that makes sense

But still i don't agree with this constant slating of McKay, it's totally undeserved

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 06, 2012, 10:08:57 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It is a fair comparison, when it's stated we haven't improved the stats clearly show that we have.  But fact is given our awful start we aren't improving enough to bridge that gap as to get to 50 points we'd need to be catching up on the 7-8 points we are behind schedule.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 06, 2012, 10:18:42 am by inSODwetrust »
For what it's worth, I dont think we'll lose another home game this season (fingers crossed), we still have Millwall to play at Fortress Keepmoat, and Florist and Cov to play away (Cov being the last away game of the season, DS being more than capable of 'firing' the players up to get a result)

If we go down then a lot of people would say it's our own fault with the calibre of players we have at the club (although we haven't got an outstanding goalscoring threat!), also if we get relegated Willie McKay will most probably leave, good for some (Donnyroversfc), bad for others! Personally I dont care, as long as John Ryan is our chairman, I think this club will be fine and be able to 'hold its own' no matter what division we play in, no matter who the manager is and no matter what playing staff we have!

P.S, a mention to Brian Carey, the defence is looking a lot more physical and stronger, and I would say that is mainly down to you. :clapping:

ROVERS TILL WE DIE??????

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on February 06, 2012, 10:46:59 am by ditch_drfc »
Definitely Rovers Til I Die!

I don't care what league we are in, we could be playing sunday football outside a pub and i'd still be supporting Rovers!

Agreed that as long as JR is our chairman we'll be ok. I have plenty of faith in him!

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 06, 2012, 11:14:48 am by ArmthorpeRover »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=218241
Ok but whilst you can argue the stats, you know full well that donnyroversfc means league position. He's pretty much right that we're doing no better. We're still in relegation... If we got relegated under sod bottom of the table would it be worse than getting relegated under DS 3rd bottom? I don't think it's that relevant. if we get relegated, then we get relegated. Regardless of league position we will have done no better.

Hope that makes sense

But still i don't agree with this constant slating of McKay, it's totally undeserved

All well and good but arguing the toss about the change of regime when statistically we are doing better and when there is still just under half the season left makes no sense. We aren't totally cut adrift either and with a now pretty solid home record all we need to do is try and transfer that to some away games and we should just about scrape it. That's not mentioning the woeful form of those around us and a Portsmouth points deduction......

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on February 06, 2012, 11:32:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I got the feeling there was a lot of grumbling that Saunders wanted to rip apart the squad and start again. He hasn't done that has he?

Look at it this way, he's had Sharp sold and whilst he brought in players initially (we'd have had no eleven had he not), he's been choosy over who has remained.  Goulon didn't do it, Diatta was cover and Spurr came back meaning we didn't retain Ilunga.

Saunders has some negatives (largely the lack of away form) however he has made us better defensively, we're not there but we are improving, we're fitter and we now seem to be able to get some key players fit that we couldn't before (Stock, Woods for example).

The players brought in have strengthened us and if Barnard does come in this week that's another good signing.  Fortune did a good job but we couldn't keep him, he's now scoring goals in the Premier league and the goalkeepers are improved.  Long way to go but it is better.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on February 06, 2012, 11:43:46 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=218257
I got the feeling there was a lot of grumbling that Saunders wanted to rip apart the squad and start again. He hasn't done that has he?

Look at it this way, he's had Sharp sold and whilst he brought in players initially (we'd have had no eleven had he not), he's been choosy over who has remained.  Goulon didn't do it, Diatta was cover and Spurr came back meaning we didn't retain Ilunga.

Saunders has some negatives (largely the lack of away form) however he has made us better defensively, we're not there but we are improving, we're fitter and we now seem to be able to get some key players fit that we couldn't before (Stock, Woods for example).

The players brought in have strengthened us and if Barnard does come in this week that's another good signing.  Fortune did a good job but we couldn't keep him, he's now scoring goals in the Premier league and the goalkeepers are improved.  Long way to go but it is better.

Yes the doom mongers were saying how the squad was going to be ripped apart come January and replaced by a whole host of short term deals, it has n`t happened has it, look at the facts

OUT

Naylor released, not good enough
Wilson contract cancelled, been out on loan and did n`t feature anyway
Dumbaya out on loan, was n`t featuring anyway
Sharp sold, was always going to happen

IN

Plessis
Bamogo
Bagayako

Hardly a revolving door is it?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 06, 2012, 12:11:49 pm by DonnyRTID »
Add to that a premiership striker on his way if the Mail is correct!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on February 06, 2012, 12:36:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=218157

If McKay is as insignificant to the running of the club as a kitman, I fail to see why you're getting the vapours about him...

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on February 06, 2012, 12:41:16 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=218101

The route we are going down can't work at all! It was destined to fail from the start. It is working. When WM came to the club we sat bottom of the table. We are now 3rd bottom. One place to go and we stay up.

Position in bottom 3 is meaningless.

Please publish the gap to safety just before he arrived with the gap to safety as of today (and consider the reduced number of games there now is to close said gap).

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on February 06, 2012, 12:59:14 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=218268
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=218101

The route we are going down can't work at all! It was destined to fail from the start. It is working. When WM came to the club we sat bottom of the table. We are now 3rd bottom. One place to go and we stay up.

Position in bottom 3 is meaningless.

Please publish the gap to safety just before he arrived with the gap to safety as of today (and consider the reduced number of games there now is to close said gap).

The fact is results have improved, we're as good as anybody at home currently and we've been playing top teams while getting these terrific results at home. If we manage to pick up another 7 or 8 points away from home we will stay up.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 06, 2012, 01:08:29 pm by Akinfenwa »
A similar gap now to then shows an improvement. If there was no improvement then that gap would have proportionally increased over time rather than remaining similar.

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on February 06, 2012, 01:11:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=218276
A similar gap now to then shows an improvement. If there was no improvement then that gap would have proportionally increased over time rather than remaining similar.

Exactly what I was going to say.  For example if we were 5pts behind after 5 games you'd expect in proportion to be 25 points behind after 25, so their argument is flawed.  They're clutching at straws saying things haven't improved, the results clearly demonstrate that they have.  Whether you love or hate any changes the results reflect positively.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on February 06, 2012, 02:46:51 pm by Scooter »
Just to offer my view, I think people should give Willie a chance. Clearly he has been very successful in the past and maybe he is helping Rovers as he is RTID and wants to help his friends Sir John and Dean et al.
This season the club is in huge transition, yes some parts of the club are far from perfect such as marketing, the shop etc but as we are not on the board there is little we can do about it.
I believe that if we were under the previous management we would have been relegated as despite our good style of football we had become predictable and had too many small players.
Without Willie would we really have brought in some very experienced and quality players such as Diouf and Beye. The influx of ex-top flight players haven't replaced most of our squad they have helped develop them, ie Sam Hird is a prime example.
If any of the bottom three survive it will be us, millwall and Bristol City will struggle, our home form is good, we are fitter (thanks Mal), defending better and not conceding from every set piece (thanks Brian Carey), keeping clean sheets (as long as we keep Button).

Babayoko, Bamogo, Pleissis, Robert all may turn out to be Heroes and if so that makes Willie a hero - so get off his back and give him a chance.

Willie, Dean and John if you do read this - good luck with the rest of the season, I believe the majority of fans want you all to do well. I have faith, and i urge the infighters to reflect on their behaviour, support the boys (Willie doesn't pick the team so if we lose how can it be his fault), stand by the board unless you win the Euromillions and put your money where your mouth is. Ignore the crap refereeing decisions and be positive.
If the players read this let's help them believe that they are good enough to compete in the championship.

:scarf: :rtid:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 06, 2012, 11:40:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Come across great did our Willie!

Have to say thought it was poorly put together by the BBC....

Too many throw away comments.....

How does McKay make money out of it?

By heightening the player profile and selling on...Christ shall we paint by numbers next time?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 06, 2012, 11:43:52 pm by German Rover »
I agree, seemed very lightweight by the BBC, but like alan knill said the players are quality and that quality is what we need.  Shame simon grayson got sacked this week or it may have been a bit more in depth.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012