Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:52:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Referees and 10 yards  (Read 1170 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Referees and 10 yards
« on December 23, 2019, 03:38:17 pm by Donnywolf »
Not exclusively talking about "the Muppet" last Saturday - but shouldnt there be more consistency when they measure out 10 yards
The one Saturday did not even do it for some that were in areas that other Refs would without fail for a starter
Then when he and they do pace them out just watch because sometimes they dont look 10 yards to me.

Some do only 8 paces once and then maybe then 7 or 10 small ones and none of these are doing huge strides and indeed some do 8 or 10 very tiny steps mostly as observed they look to be well under 10 yards
Pet hate 312

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Referees and 10 yards
« Reply #1 on December 23, 2019, 10:04:58 pm by Jimmydee »
Report it to the “ministry of walks” There’s been a few John Cleese characters in charge of the whistle lately

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 23, 2019, 10:11:00 pm by drfchound »
yes, you know the man well.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 23, 2019, 11:10:52 pm by Superspy »
There's a glaring lack of consistency in much of what refs do. In fact almost everything they do. lol

You'd think 10 yards would be pretty easy to get close to right given that the pitch is cut in 6 yard strips.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 24, 2019, 06:02:12 am by Donnywolf »
Yes I do always notice the strips. It is fairly easy as you say to look and see the Players are 1 strip apart or "look" to be 1 and a half strips

Talking of Ministry of Silly walks I saw this done at Barnsley v Wolves a few seasons back. Barnsley were awarded a free kick just outside the box. Kavanagh (now Prem / VAR) was being fast tracked to the Prem

He paced out the distance which I could see was maybe 6 maybe 7 yards. The smallest Barnsley players were protesting massively . He remained unmoved. Then the smallest Barnsley player left the Wolves wall and doing massive "silly walk" strides and with each step counted by the Tykes arrived at the ball on his 7th stride

He had proved his point but still Kavanagh did not change his mind. I thought the kid would get a Yellow Card becasue it was severely "sarcastic" / dissenting. He didnt.

Ironically Kavanagh still did not change his mind and he blew the whistle and unbelieveably Barnsley player scored with a brilliant pile driver up and over a much closer wall

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 24, 2019, 09:06:10 am by IDM »
The 6 yard grass strips will be visible from the stands but. It necessarily at pitch level..

Refereeing inconsistencies are always going to be around..

How the hell Kettle is still officiating is beyond me..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012