Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:48:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Extra time Germany u21 v England u21 semi final  (Read 2544 times)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Extra time Germany u21 v England u21 semi final
« Reply #30 on June 28, 2017, 09:14:49 am by DonnyNoel »
I think its all down to the talent at your disposal and what you do with it because you can coach so much but if the players aren't getting a chance then whats the point????

The problem nowadays is that many bang average foreigners who would get in their countrys national team and have scored a few goals in the French league or the Dutch league or whatever gets a contract over here at some mid table club and that pushes a promising youngster down the pecking order...

Reason they go to a mid table club is because the Liverpools, Man Us, Man Citys, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc have enough clout to sign the best foreign players...

But after a season or maybe two the said foreigner at a club like Watford cant get to grips with the better quality of the English league football and the youngster who could have broken through has been loaned out or sold to a Championship club.

If we had a cap ion the amount of foreign players,, clubs would have to promote their own or more british players and they'd get more time in the league  and become better players.

But as someone said above,, the biggest problem with change is youd have to change those in power at the top of the Fa and they wouldn't want to go so you'd only ever have them coming up with changes which mean they stay in power as a result.

Agree with all of that.

Managers in the PL won't risk blooding young players because as soon as a team loses a couple of games on the trot there's an almighty row to sack them. Consequently the pool of quality English players dries up so the clubs look abroad. It's a vicious circle and we're all to blame; the clubs, the media, the fans and the administrators.

I'd chuck in the players too. Some seem to be happy getting paid loads of cash to sit on the bench and play a few League Cup games here and there. I understand if the gulf down to the championship is too big for them to consider dropping down but there's plenty of mid table Serie A/Bundesliga/La Liga clubs where they could get serious minutes and development under their belt.  I've often joked that the FA should buy a German/Dutch club and "sign" our young players to play there. Aslo worth noting that (randomly) the China U20's team will play in the lower German Leagues this coming season to aid development.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012