Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:03:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: twitter  (Read 2028 times)

DRFC MYERS

twitter
« on February 03, 2013, 05:46:14 pm by DRFC MYERS »
with all that is going on twitter with some fans and the players does it make sense for the club to ban the use of it by players. its a distraction and as for them getting stick and abuse its not going to help anyone!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: twitter
« Reply #1 on February 03, 2013, 06:06:20 pm by hoolahoop »
Definite yes.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 03, 2013, 06:10:26 pm by mushRTID »
If a few fans were not morons and certain players had thicker skins then it wouldnt be a problem.

Twitter is a great way for fans to interact with the players and 95% of them use it to do so successfully. The idiots shouldnt ruin it for everyone. A ban is not the way forward IMO.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 03, 2013, 06:13:46 pm by donnievic »
b*llocks how can you say it's a distraction any excuse cos we lost no one has been moaning about players on twitter for rest of season

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 03, 2013, 11:46:24 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Most comments on twitter are moronic and 90% of folk using it are the same, social media is mainly an extension of the Jeremy Kyle show, if you take it to heart then you get what you deserve

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 03, 2013, 11:52:30 pm by dickos1 »
Don't think they do take it to heart, but if someone calls your wife a slag no matter how its done then there's something wrong if you don't have a go back.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 04, 2013, 12:27:33 am by DearneValleyRover »
Really, a comment on twitter by a c*nt, if its that bad don't use it Christ it's like listening to school ground arguments grow up for f**k sake.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 04, 2013, 06:01:49 am by not on facebook »
Be a cold day in hell if i was ever to sign up
For Facebook or t**tter Sorry twitter.

You just leave yer sen open to the darker side

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 04, 2013, 06:26:25 am by Lifelong supporter »
with all that is going on twitter with some fans and the players does it make sense for the club to ban the use of it by players. its a distraction and as for them getting stick and abuse its not going to help anyone!

Mentioned this in my post yesterday (see below). Maybe the club could give us some answers.

Does the club have a policy about players using twitter and, if not, why not? Perhaps SM could ask Gavin to explain. In my opinion I think they are entitled to use it but shouldn't for any matters to do with the club, and that should be easy enough to put in their contracts when they sign. Just imagine how bad it might be if we were bottom instead of at the top. Some people think they can say anything on there and players are crazy to get involved. Kyle needs to grow up quick. His trouble is he's had too much unjustified praise too early and the chairman, who I would never otherwise criticise, hasn't helped in this respect either. As far as Bury goes it was a bad day at the office and everyone needs to get over it. It doesn't help when everyone gets carried away...'brilliant Brian, great Gavin, Lord Terry, Sir John, Rob Jones day' etc etc. But if we didn't I suppose it wouldn't be football would it?

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 04, 2013, 07:27:32 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
If a few fans were not morons and certain players had thicker skins then it wouldnt be a problem.

Twitter is a great way for fans to interact with the players and 95% of them use it to do so successfully. The idiots shouldnt ruin it for everyone. A ban is not the way forward IMO.

This.

Twitter can work both ways.  A lot of the time its great, its a good way for platers to interact with the fans.  Humey is very good when it comes to this.  Had quite a few chats with him on there.

Then again you will always get those moronic keyboard warriors who write some horiffic stuff which can spoil it for the rest of us.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 04, 2013, 10:38:02 am by Mr1Croft »
Social Media is currently a problem, mostly because it is still relativley new so not many people are really sure what to do with it. I use it, I go on almost every day but I have always walked on the side of cation with players, its great that I can follow them so I can hear about Simon Gillet trying to get the CL final on in a hotel or David Cotterill giving away a pair of signed boots. But I rarely try to speak to them individually but I know some fans will post tweet after tweet after tweet to certain players to get a retweet or a reply. That just isnt for me but I still think a ban would be too harsh and demoralise more than anything else.

How many other clubs have bans? The norm sees to be to let the players use it and I bet every single one of those clubs have some morons in there fan base who violate twitter to abuse the players when they lose. What usually happens? The players closes their laptop and go do something else...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012