Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:24:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great Piece from Copps.....  (Read 2915 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Great Piece from Copps.....
« on January 19, 2017, 07:40:38 am by Alan Southstand »
James Coppinger: Current Doncaster Rovers side ‘has same qualities as Sean O’Driscoll’s team’

Read more at: http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/james-coppinger-current-doncaster-rovers-side-has-same-qualities-as-sean-o-driscoll-s-team-1-8339519Who better placed to judge the aesthetic merits of the current Doncaster Rovers side than James Coppinger? After all, the veteran midfielder was a key component of a team affectionately known as ‘the Arsenal of the Championship’ during the much-lauded Sean O’Driscoll years. Known for their brilliant possession play, O’Driscoll’s side consistently punched above their weight after an incredible rise into the second tier.

The current Rovers side may have a way to go to match such achievements but, under Darren Ferguson, they are playing their football in a comparative way. And Coppinger can see the similarities with the Rovers team of the past. “It’s a team that has the same sort of attributes and things going on that those teams did have,” he told the Free Press. “We’ve got a lot of quality in the team. “We’ve also got that willingness to get better. “On the training pitch people are doing extra after training, they’re in the gym. “People are pulling each other aside, trying to make each other better. “The staff can’t do enough for you. “Hopefully things will go from strength to strength between now and the end of the season.” During sections of their win at Barnet last weekend, Rovers played sensational passing football. Ferguson afterwards called on his team to show more confidence, even arrogance, in possession and recognise just how good a side they are as League Two leaders. And Coppinger is confident the squad will continue to grow in confidence as the season wears on. He said: “It’s a belief in where we are. “We’re top of the league and we’re there for a reason.

“For me we’re the best team in this division and we’re showing it every week. “To have that little bit of arrogance and confidence on the pitch is massive. “It breeds throughout the team. “It’s important we grow as a team, not just stand still, and get better throughout the season.”

Read more at: http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/james-coppinger-current-doncaster-rovers-side-has-same-qualities-as-sean-o-driscoll-s-team-1-8339519

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

swintonrover

• Forum Member
Re: Great Piece from Copps.....
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2017, 09:44:18 am by swintonrover »
The arrogance was there at Barnet. I got the feeling in the second half that if Barnet had been insolent enough to score, we'd have gone straight up the other end and knocked in 2 more.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2017, 10:02:52 am by GazLaz »
Is it only me that can't read the article for adverts everywhere. Can't stand f**king adverts everywhere I look.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2017, 10:04:28 am by swintonrover »
Is it only me that can't read the article for adverts everywhere. Can't stand f**king adverts everywhere I look.

No, the Free Press website is an absolute joke. I'm grateful to Alan for posting the content in-thread.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2017, 10:44:15 am by philsky »
The arrogance was there at Barnet. I got the feeling in the second half that if Barnet had been insolent enough to score, we'd have gone straight up the other end and knocked in 2 more.

Completely agree.

Bullied Barnet 100%

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2017, 12:23:55 pm by RoversAlias »

No, the Free Press website is an absolute joke. I'm grateful to Alan for posting the content in-thread.

In fairness to the Free Press, all newspaper websites are like that nowadays. It is awful, and I don't get why papers think having their sites this way (I know it's for ad-revenue) makes anyone want to read their stuff. The paper industry is already in sharp decline because of online, you'd think they'd want to find a way to keep as much interest in their product generated as possible through this medium.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2017, 12:38:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They've repeated what he said in his post match interview at Barnet and made an article of it. Hear it first hand on Rovers Player if you have it.

I think we can see for ourselves some of the qualities we saw from the S'OD team that evolved into a good Championship team. I think however, this team has more bite about it and can mix it up a bit better. Not quite there yet with the Rolls Royce midfield purring up the pitch but I'm sure that will come.

Copps is an integral part of our renaissance but, his time may be limited and he'll take some replacing. There are very few left like him who have the same level of skill.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2017, 12:52:21 pm by Campsall rover »
We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves, yes this team is now looking very good indeed and I think we will comfortably be champions.
We do need to remember that this is League 2 and next year will be a tougher test.
If this team carries on developing and improving as it has in the last few months then a double promotion is on the cards.
This league we are in is poor, only 5 or 6 decent teams if we are honest about it. Having said that you can only play the opposition on the same pitch and we are making a damn good job of it at the moment.
Onwards and upwards League 1 here we come and you better look out
The Rovers are on the march :clapping:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2017, 01:23:41 pm by Alan Southstand »
We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves, yes this team is now looking very good indeed and I think we will comfortably be champions.

I had to giggle when I read that first sentence, Campsall - a contradiction if ever there was one! 'We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves' followed by 'we will comfortably be champions'.

:lol:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2017, 02:08:22 pm by bobjimwilly »

https://getadblock.com/

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2017, 02:30:42 pm by GazLaz »

https://getadblock.com/

I'll try that thanks.

darren61

« Reply #11 on January 19, 2017, 02:36:15 pm by darren61 »

I use uBlock Origin, a free app for FireFox, no adverts to be seen anywhere.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2017, 03:36:29 pm by deebee »
If you don't like adds on web pages install this FREE ap it stops ALL ads malware and trackers. you can cutomise it to suit yourself.
 https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bad-ad-johnny-adblocker-w/bdgggpliahokemcgimpfcaaeknfbjlce

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2017, 08:42:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Head v heart, caution v over optimism. We've been through a rough patch and some uncertain times so I won't want to curtail anyone's excitement.

I'm normally cautiously optimistic however it's been quite a while since I believed in January that a group of players will get us over the line or even better. It seems DF and co are planning for next season at a higher tier so let's enjoy this ride and see if we can a few more down to the moat.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012