Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:26:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boston United  (Read 3237 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Boston United
« Reply #30 on February 27, 2021, 05:16:40 pm by vaya »
Did we seal promotion or win League Two at Boston away back in 2004? I remember Steve Evans had recently returned as their manager, them being quite good although we won and Graeme Jones playing for them.

Won the League from memory, promotion was at home against Cambridge.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 27, 2021, 05:19:37 pm by normal rules »
It was 0-0 at York street. Rovers were already promoted though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 27, 2021, 07:01:32 pm by RoversAlias »
Did we seal promotion or win League Two at Boston away back in 2004? I remember Steve Evans had recently returned as their manager, them being quite good although we won and Graeme Jones playing for them.

That's right Vaya, we got promoted against Cambridge at Belle Vue on Easter and sealed the title with a 0-0 draw at Boston. They gave us a guard of honour because it was all but sealed, but we celebrated big time after getting mathematically over the line that day.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 28, 2021, 10:17:30 am by idler »
It was the title wasn’t it as we clinched promotion against Cambridge at home. I missed them both due to being in hospital.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 28, 2021, 11:00:59 am by RedRover »

That's right Vaya, we got promoted against Cambridge at Belle Vue on Easter and sealed the title with a 0-0 draw at Boston. They gave us a guard of honour because it was all but sealed, but we celebrated big time after getting mathematically over the line that day.

Yeah I was there although don't really remember much of the celebrations as I'd traveled without my dad who was unwell so I probably got on my way pretty quickly after the final whistle. Had a good walk back to the car iirc too. I've still got his unused ticket, my ticket stub and the programme from that day, been meaning to have it put into some sort of display/frame. Remember being particularly happy that we'd sealed promotion or won the league against Boston because of the Conference rivalry and being Lincolnshire born I always want to do well against Lincolnshire teams, finish above them or see them struggling.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012