Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:49:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Peterborough Chairman  (Read 2718 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Peterborough Chairman
« on January 10, 2015, 09:56:12 pm by mushRTID »
Gone off on one on twitter tonight, he's not happy! Every right to do this or a bad move?

Darragh MacAnthony @DMAC102 
  ยท  2h 2 hours ago   
Like all Posh fans & our Manager, there are many things i'm well & truly p...d off & have the hump with after today, care to know them all?

1. P..d off that its always the manager who is held responsible when a team of players fold like a stack of cards when the going gets tough!

2. P...d off our team can play with that kind of tempo/intensity for first 25 mins, then follow that up with the 65 mins we all witnessed!

3. P..d off that a player of Joe Newells ability can miss an open goal from 5 yards out early on. He should be scoring 10/15 a season.

4. P....d off that a striker I paid half a million for minutes before Colchester score scuffs great chance 8 yards out with nobody near him

5. P...d off that Bossie allows their top scorer to get in front of him to tap in their first goal, shouldnt happen!

6. P....d off our CB runs 50 yards to edge of oppositions box, doesnt pass or shoot but loses ball & they go other end and score.

7.P...d off both our full backs who plenty of the ball couldnt deliver any crosses of any merit or quality or with urgency

8. P..d off we had a ref who cost us Crewe game cause of incorrect decision was given us again, then sent manager off & many yellows today!

9. P...d off that as going has got tough many thousands of fans have bit like our players, have folded and taken their ball and gone home!

10. P...d off with everything, but tomorrow ill still pay the bills & next Saturday will pay thousands to watch my team play & hopefully win

11. P...d off that our GK had 3 shots to save all game but we conceded 2 goals!

As for people saying you shouldn't tweet etc as its not becoming of a chairman; I live in the 21st Century, maybe others should do the same!

Oh & finally;if any of my plyrs are bit too sensitive to whats been said,feel free to let me know anytime.Or Alternatively just do your job!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Peterborough Chairman
« Reply #1 on January 10, 2015, 09:57:02 pm by Dare to dream! »
I was going to post this too. What does he think this will achieve? Slating your players in public can only end badly IMO

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 10, 2015, 10:11:41 pm by grayx »
Guess it shows hes passionate and cares. I wouldn't object to that if I was a Peterbro fan.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 10, 2015, 10:23:34 pm by RoversAlias »
I would, it's massively unprofessional. He shouldn't be making comments on how crap individual players are in a public setting, it should be kept private. I thought MacAnthony was better than this.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2015, 10:33:40 pm by Filo »
I might be reading too much into it, but to me he sounds a bit pissed off :)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 11, 2015, 07:58:39 am by DRNaith »
Fair play to him, he puts his money in and is having his say.

It's not his professional so isn't unprofessional.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2015, 09:43:57 am by IDM »
Fair enough saying he is pissed off - in public - but the specific player criticisms should remain behind closed doors.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 11, 2015, 10:46:23 am by Wiltshire Exile »
I would, it's massively unprofessional. He shouldn't be making comments on how crap individual players are in a public setting, it should be kept private. I thought MacAnthony was better than this.

But it's alright to slag off referees whom he thinks cost Posh the game against Crewe?

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2015, 04:51:17 pm by donnygav93 »
Interesting to see if there will be any transfer movement from them now I wouldn't be surprised to see a few leave

TinyPortal © 2005-2012