Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 03:03:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tweet from the official Club Account  (Read 6355 times)

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
Tweet from the official Club Account
« on January 09, 2015, 11:05:17 pm by SLO@DRFC »
For those of you who don't use twitter...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Tweet from the official Club Account
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2015, 11:38:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well done SLO's for getting it on here, but ffs Donny how many times do they have to be told not everybody uses twitter etc, doe's  it really take much longer to put something on the official site "Watch out Tomorrow to Vote for the new Kit" or words to that effect, if you can get it on twitter you can get it on Dros fairly quickly afterwards, sorry but this really is basic stuff!!! in fact you can pre programe it to appear at whatever time you want!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2015, 11:51:19 pm by Canadian Rover »
Would love to see "none of the above" option and the club not change shirts again! Why not 1 new shirt per season......1 home on year....one away the next and so on.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 10, 2015, 12:05:33 am by BobG »
Personally, I couldn't give a stuff what shirt they wear. FFS! It's a shirt. Who gives a shit?

BobG

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2015, 12:33:30 am by Canadian Rover »
Fed up of getting the new home shirt from santa every year!  :santa:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 10, 2015, 09:19:34 am by Boomstick »
Personally, I couldn't give a stuff what shirt they wear. FFS! It's a shirt. Who gives a shit?

BobG
Its VERY important as part of our identity and maintaining the brand that we play in red and white hoops.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 10, 2015, 12:03:45 pm by craigdrfc »
Would love a return to the early 80s style white base with red sleeves but do agree that keeping the hoops is probabily better for identity etc

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 10, 2015, 01:39:53 pm by Sandy Lane »
Off topic, but I wasn't sure where to post this. But I wanted the people who tweet the match updates to know how great they are and how much they are appreciated by me, who doesn't subscribe to player and can't always be by my computer for sports websites updates.  Plus they are Johnny on the spot!  Thank you!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 10, 2015, 01:48:12 pm by BobG »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 10, 2015, 01:49:40 pm by BobG »

BobG
Its VERY important as part of our identity and maintaining the brand that we play in red and white hoops.

Really? I thought we'd only played in hoops since JR took over and for a little while about 50 aeons ago. Did we not have an identity except for those two short periods then?

Cheers!

BobG

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 10, 2015, 02:43:01 pm by IDM »
We played in hoops many years before that too.

All of our recent success has been in hoops.  But the clincher for me is that the red and white hoop design is unique in English professional football.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 10, 2015, 02:44:16 pm by RobTheRover »
It has BECOME our identity now, though.  When you are on holiday and see a glimpse of a red and white hooped shirt, who doesnt look closer to see if its "one of us"?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 10, 2015, 02:59:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It has BECOME our identity now, though.  When you are on holiday and see a glimpse of a red and white hooped shirt, who doesnt look closer to see if its "one of us"?

Apart from the odd incidents of  mistaken identity resulting in Rovers and Wigan Warriors fans embracing each other, it's great to wear the famous shirt on holiday. I've even got used to being asked where Wally is from jealous guys in passing cars.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:02:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2015, 03:29:49 pm by Al4475 »
There ain't much can be done to alter hoops - never mnd every season but I agree with both rtr and idm the red and white hoops have become our identity and they are unique in english pro footy so I'd like them to be kept!

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2015, 07:20:37 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Why are we now changing kits every season ?? thought drfc were a family club ?? ok let's get them spend cash every year on a new home & away kit..

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2015, 08:22:48 pm by coventryrover »
Why are we now changing kits every season ?? thought drfc were a family club ?? ok let's get them spend cash every year on a new home & away kit..

There's such a novelty as keeping your wallett closed.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 10, 2015, 11:15:56 pm by BobG »

Have you seen what Mansfield play in at least some of the time these days IDM, A14475?

Cheers

BobG
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:18:18 pm by BobG »

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 11, 2015, 06:35:39 am by andysly »
And going by their moaning about looking like Donny it shows how the hoops are pure Rovers.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2015, 09:41:38 am by IDM »

Have you seen what Mansfield play in at least some of the time these days IDM, A14475?

Cheers

BobG

Yes I have - but that is their 3rd kit.  We're talking about the home kit design, the club's identity.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2015, 10:39:45 am by ditch_drfc »
Does anyone know what shorts each kit will be played with? Are we planning in sticking with black shorts regardless of shirt choice? It's a debate we've had a million times before but I prefer red or white..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 11, 2015, 11:26:08 am by IDM »
I'd rather not go back to red shorts.  I like the combo with black, but also with white.

Reds R Us

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 11, 2015, 07:09:24 pm by Reds R Us »
Not everybody uses Facebook either! Why cant the vote be done on here like its always been??

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 11, 2015, 07:33:34 pm by bpoolrover »
Not everyone comes on here thou

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 11, 2015, 07:50:21 pm by wesisback »
Not everybody uses Facebook either! Why cant the vote be done on here like its always been??
There's plenty of other ways of voting Reds R Us. When your next meet at the club you could call into the club shop.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 11, 2015, 09:41:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »
There's plenty of other ways of voting Reds R Us. When your next meet at the club you could call into the club shop.

Wes it really ought to be done on all, how many people that don't use the internet even know this vote is happening it should be on the vsc, Drsg Dros facebook and plastered all over the shop along with bits of paper to write 123or 4 down I've already said I've managed to vote for all 4 one after the other near enough, at least sites like this and the drsg can to an extent cut out multiple voting unlike the facebook vote.

Could the club be bothered/able to cut out multiple voting when poll's on vsc/drsg would cut them out via the software?
OK somebody could grab half a dozen bits of paper in the shop and fill them all in I honestly doubt it.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 11, 2015, 09:46:38 pm by wesisback »
However it could then allow people to then vote on the website, the VSC, the DRSG forums etc etc. There's always going to be an option of abuse somewhere. For me it wouldn't require a Facebook log in to vote but it has one Internet location to go to now which must surely protect multiple votes to an extent. I've tried to follow your lead with no success so maybe it was a one off?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 11, 2015, 09:55:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »
However it could then allow people to then vote on the website, the VSC, the DRSG forums etc etc. There's always going to be an option of abuse somewhere. For me it wouldn't require a Facebook log in to vote but it has one Internet location to go to now which must surely protect multiple votes to an extent. I've tried to follow your lead with no success so maybe it was a one off?

Dunno maybe they sorted it, but believe me I voted for all I  within minutes and posted on here that I had done it. just been back on and its accepted the vote but its changed from when I first went on it !

Maybe the answer is for as you say links across the drsg vsc facebook to one voting site, surely it could be arranged with no cost, unfortunately I'm not savvy enough with that side of things.
 Mind you vote rigging on a shirt  :blink:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:05:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012