Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:25:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe away Tickets  (Read 11676 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Crewe away Tickets
« Reply #180 on May 01, 2024, 10:57:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is a no win situation with limited tickets .
Demand will Always out strip supply for these games.Rovers could probably half fill Crewe’s ground if tickets were allowed. Probably even more .
Make it all online sales and those who don’t use IT miss out. Make it que up at the TO and those who can’t get miss out. Most of those that go home and away have had their chance to get a ticket. Many sth will
Miss out. That’s just the way it is . I’d be annoyed if Crewe don’t sell out their allocation . Just had call
From
My dad. It’s a sell out . And he had just got to the front of the Que ffs

Well said. Easiest target to criticise is the club. With limited tickets available there's always going to be disappointment. Folk should have a go at Crewe if anything.

If Crewe's take up is low then who knows, we may get more. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on May 01, 2024, 10:59:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ultimately demand is way bigger than supply for this one. I'm really surprised how big the demand is it's crazy.

Probably a few tweaks club can make but overall it is what it is.  The alternative is a ballot like lots of clubs do.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on May 01, 2024, 11:01:29 am by KeithMyath »
West stand is greyed out, Would they give us this? looks like another 1300 or so. Makes sense to them financialy, but not sure I would be happy with that many away fans in a Play off semi at our ground, Although technically there will be if they sell out our whole away end.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on May 01, 2024, 11:05:17 am by Filo »
West stand is greyed out, Would they give us this? looks like another 1300 or so. Makes sense to them financialy, but not sure I would be happy with that many away fans in a Play off semi at our ground, Although technically there will be if they sell out our whole away end.

They won’t sell out our whole away end they have been allocated 1500 tickets, I assume that will be the North end of the East Stand

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on May 01, 2024, 11:05:43 am by Plumbster »
Appreciate it’s not easy to organise but I just missed the 35 points and as an exile I had a ten minute slot to buy online. You can’t help feeling that the club sees exiles as the bottom of the pile when we spend a fortune supporting the club.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on May 01, 2024, 11:19:23 am by pib »
Ultimately demand is way bigger than supply for this one. I'm really surprised how big the demand is it's crazy.

Probably a few tweaks club can make but overall it is what it is.  The alternative is a ballot like lots of clubs do.

Agreed, really difficult to get it right. I think they could've communicated the on-sale times better for STH's, but how do you make it fair when demand exceeds supply so much? There are always going to be people disappointed. As I said up the thread I also can't see a better way around the online vs phone/in person thing. They've got to make some available for all the different sales channels to make it as fair as possible.

I had 30-odd points but not enough to qualify for yesterday's sales, so had the stress of trying to get it sorted this morning at 9am, and thankfully I did. If I'd have missed out this morning I wouldn't have been particularly happy but would've had to suck it up and wouldn't point fingers at the club. Unfortunately it's first come first served and we probably could've sold the allocation twice.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 11:24:08 am by pib »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on May 01, 2024, 11:21:21 am by Donnywolf »
£62.20 return on train
split it doncadter to Stockport and Stockport to Crewe about £35 cheaper if book 2nd part in advance thank me later or buy me a pint in Crewe for saving you £30 lol

And if you've got a Railcard that's applies add that too

I went to Beverley on a Pub Crawl and splitting Thorne Goole then Goole Beverley they almost were paying me to travel

Can't buy me a Pint though as I didn't get a Ticket lol

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on May 01, 2024, 11:21:45 am by Fal »
Appreciate it’s not easy to organise but I just missed the 35 points and as an exile I had a ten minute slot to buy online. You can’t help feeling that the club sees exiles as the bottom of the pile when we spend a fortune supporting the club.

So its the clubs fault that any exile is living away from Doncaster? I am sure they appreciate your support but you shouldn't be treated any different than someone is who is local.

I am sure the bigger clubs have people all over the world.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on May 01, 2024, 11:22:24 am by Copps is Magic »

That's their kop. I'm pretty sure it's greyed out because it's sold out. The east stand looks juicy on the other hand....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on May 01, 2024, 11:24:26 am by Filo »
Has anyone tried getting a ticket in the home end?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on May 01, 2024, 11:28:07 am by idler »
Got my sons online now just hoping there's some left for me tomorrow morning

Ffs, I've bought him wheelchair access ticket
Don’t you get a carers ticket free with that Nudga?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on May 01, 2024, 11:29:26 am by Donnywolf »
From Reply 185 above by Pib

Good points. Maybe they ought to have allocated half of what were left for Online Sales and half to the Queueing people and Phone sales.

Maybe they did ?

Or maybe it could be considered if the need arises again ?

As a few have said earlier there doesn't seem to be a foolproof , totally fair method

I do agree though that those on Paul's Coach to away games who even this Season have put up with really bad performances should have priority over me with 30 and a bit points

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on May 01, 2024, 11:29:42 am by Filo »

Borrow a wheelchair

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on May 01, 2024, 11:29:45 am by normal rules »
Just looked on Crewe site and the tickets in their west stand are not available at all? You can only buy tickets in the main south stand or the east stand . So the west stand is either sold out or being kept behind to see what the demand is like ?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on May 01, 2024, 11:30:53 am by Jimmydee »
If you’ve ordered online can tickets be picked up today?

They told people in the queue that they haven’t printed/sorted online buyers as yet, but they will be available for collection later, they’re open over the weekend.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on May 01, 2024, 12:21:33 pm by Plumbster »

So its the clubs fault that any exile is living away from Doncaster? I am sure they appreciate your support but you shouldn't be treated any different than someone is who is local.

yeah fair point, my real beef is about the 35+ and 40+ nonsense- we said on Monday that there was no need to spread over 2 days and it meant that a STH who went to 11 away games had the same chance as one who went to none. I guess it might be a small population but I am in it!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on May 01, 2024, 12:30:04 pm by Nudga »

Don’t you get a carers ticket free with that Nudga?

Exploring different options and that's one of them

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on May 01, 2024, 12:40:56 pm by Bessie Red »
Surely its a good thing for the club that the tickets sold out so quickly and there was more demand than supply, it shows we are in a good place re fan numbers. I'm a STH but I couldnt get one, I'm happy to watch the game on TV.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on May 01, 2024, 12:48:35 pm by The Beast »
I tried to get a ticket online but couldn’t, didn’t expect to to be fair. Just one of those things, not been to many away games and couldn’t get down to the ground with work. My mate's a Bolton fan been a season ticket holder for 29 years, couldn’t get a ticket for Barnsley as they’d gone in minutes, for some reason only been given two thousand odd tickets, Bolton have been getting 20,000 plus all season, so thousands disappointed, everyone is in the same boat.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on May 01, 2024, 12:48:50 pm by philsky »
Any allocation system will benefit some but not others and must be a nightmare trying to organise.

I wasn't a season ticket holder and managed to get to a dozen games; split evenly home and away.

In all fairness, and it hurts to admit, but I was towards the back of the queue and that probably reflects my 'investment' this season.

Absolutely gutted tho !

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on May 01, 2024, 01:26:24 pm by Nudga »
Might be able to get a ticket in the home end.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on May 01, 2024, 05:14:56 pm by idler »
I’m a season ticket holder and did 5 away games but I am happy if those that went to most away games gets preference over me though.
I did only see us lose once so maybe a good omen if we do get to Wembley.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on May 02, 2024, 04:31:01 am by Chris Black come back »
Will be disappointing for some people - and past performance is no absolute guide to the future - but in the last 15 years we have been to Wembley twice essentially (Wembley and Cardiff) and were robbed on penalties in 2019 just short of Wembley. That’s just short of three times in 15 years or on average once every five years and if we did somehow make it this time, that’s almost four times in 15 years.

Go back before that and the picture looks far less positive mind.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on May 02, 2024, 04:48:29 am by Campsall rover »
Some things never change. Professional on the football side, amateur on the admin side.
How should they do it then?
No good criticising if you can’t come up with a system up that will work better.

It’s a logistical nightmare for the ticket office. 3 methods of purchase all on at same time.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 05:05:26 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on May 02, 2024, 05:01:17 am by Campsall rover »

yeah fair point, my real beef is about the 35+ and 40+ nonsense- we said on Monday that there was no need to spread over 2 days and it meant that a STH who went to 11 away games had the same chance as one who went to none. I guess it might be a small population but I am in it!
How do you work that out?
23 points for a season ticket holder and you would have 11 points for 11 away games that’s 34
If you are a supporters club member which you can purchase every season for £5.00 and entitles you to a £2 discount on the supporters coaches and a free Rovers hand book then you get another 2 points so total you would have is 36 points.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on May 02, 2024, 06:38:49 am by Donnywolf »
Mate of mine ... doesn't post on here has "looked into it" and he says the Supporters Club 2 points isn't for joining Supporters Club paying £5 but has a different definition

If he is wrong  I think I must have been on 35  23 + 2 plus +5 aways and 5 Cup games

Everton , Stanley , Pboro  Burton Forest for 35 so I guess Supporters Club doesn't mean what people think and I would be on 33

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 06:52:50 am by Donnywolf »

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on May 02, 2024, 07:26:06 am by Plumbster »

How do you work that out?
23 points for a season ticket holder and you would have 11 points for 11 away games that’s 34
If you are a supporters club member which you can purchase every season for £5.00 and entitles you to a £2 discount on the supporters coaches and a free Rovers hand book then you get another 2 points so total you would have is 36 points.

didn’t know that Camps, I am not a supporters club member and now I know that £5 would have got me to 35 points I am even more gutted!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on May 02, 2024, 07:28:08 am by pib »
You don’t get 2 loyalty points with the club for joining the Supporters Club. That’s false. The 2pts is for completely different membership that there would never be a reason to purchase alongside a ST.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on May 02, 2024, 08:01:07 am by Donnywolf »
Yes as above Post of mine it is NOT linked to DR Supporters Club so I'm on 33

If people follow Ticket buying on DROS it is one of the Categories outlined

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/tickets/supporter-memberships/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 08:04:03 am by Donnywolf »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on May 02, 2024, 08:15:14 am by colincramb »
People literally just want a reason to moan. About anything. Within hours of the magnificent achievement to actually get to this point, people were already stressing over tickets and points systems. It’s just ingrained in some folks brains, the victim mentality.

Just watch it on sky. Or if you don’t have that, find a local pub that does. I’m pretty sure the Sal, for example, will be rammed if that’s your thing. It’s really not that much of a big deal. It’s often better watching games like this when you’ve got a proper view of what’s going on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012