Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:08:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman  (Read 6638 times)

Wade Falana

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Furman
« Reply #1 on July 22, 2015, 11:57:53 am by steve@dcfd »
Only if we were desperate to fill a gap. We need a better player  that is a good box to box player, with better defensive, attacking qualities and more technical ability.

But if we cannot afford that sort of player or season long loan one then Furman or Coke would do.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 22, 2015, 12:09:26 pm by wing commander »
    Sometimes players and agents can believe there own hype..Furman is captain of South Africa so probably thinks he's entitled to a top end championship club..The reality is he's just not that good and it's more a reflection on the standard of the South African team than him...He's a tidy player but isn't going to offer any of the bigger teams something they haven't already got...So what is his natural level??? For me it's bottom end Championship top end league 1...They are nice words from the Blackburn coach but they don't hide the truth that he wasn't good enough to take a chance on....

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 22, 2015, 12:11:20 pm by GazLaz »
He's a L1 player. His main asset is his hard work and endeavour, that tells its own story.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 22, 2015, 12:15:43 pm by wing commander »
   So I take it you think he's going to struggle to get a championship team now Gaz?? You might be right and even if he does it will be a short deal on low money...The time of the year were players have the advantage is passing and the power will switch to the clubs as hundreds of players who were waiting and seeing now start getting anxious that pre-season is well under way and they risk being left out in the cold...

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 22, 2015, 12:42:50 pm by Canadian Rover »
Dickov should get on the phone and offer him a 3 year deal...not on amazing money...I'd say he'd be tempted to sign it...knowing the area, players and the fact he'd have a job for the next 3 years...nice little bonus for goals and promotion maybe?

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 22, 2015, 12:54:44 pm by bigal »
Had his chance to play for rovers goodbye from me

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 22, 2015, 12:59:14 pm by wing commander »
Dickov should get on the phone and offer him a 3 year deal...not on amazing money...I'd say he'd be tempted to sign it...knowing the area, players and the fact he'd have a job for the next 3 years...nice little bonus for goals and promotion maybe?

A 3 year deal???? That would be silly...I would only want to offer contracts like that to someone who we could possibly recoup money from and I would be surprised if Furman ever has a transfer fee next to his name...I would offer him a year and that's been generous...He's no great loss despite what he and his agent think..!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 22, 2015, 01:05:29 pm by RobTheRover »
I always felt he ran like John Wayne.  Dead bow-legged.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 22, 2015, 01:07:15 pm by keith79 »
did dickov close the door on him?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 22, 2015, 01:11:56 pm by wing commander »
   He closed it on himself as I recall...Dickov wouldn't take him back now..!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 22, 2015, 01:13:49 pm by vaya »

John Wayne is more big leggy.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 22, 2015, 01:14:31 pm by boro_rover »
I don't think he will get a championship club and if he does they will be relegation fodder. I think he is slightly deluded if he thinks he is a top player in league one. He is acceptable at l1 level but certainly bit the kind of player opponents will mark out as a danger of key player.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 22, 2015, 01:16:31 pm by The Red Baron »
did dickov close the door on him?

Not from what he said. According to Dickov both Furman and Wabara were offered deals but opted to try their luck elsewhere.

I'm not sure if we would invite him back, but last night did show that we lack depth in CM. Chaplow is probably the nearest we have to a Furman replacement. If he was going to be out for a significant time I suppose we might go back to Furman. It would probably be more logical to bring someone in on loan though.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 22, 2015, 01:16:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
I may be wrong, but I believe Furman himself wanted to test himself in the market?

I'm hoping we've signed a much better player in Chaplow. The 3 players we havn't replaced yet are Razak (or defensive CM), Bennett (wide midfield) and Wabarra (Right Back). If we replace all 3 with similar quality to what we have already signed, I would say that it has been a successful recruitment drive. Then, you'd have to say, there's no room for Dean. I have nothing against Furman, but for the reasons given above, I hope we don't need him.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 22, 2015, 01:26:10 pm by RobTheRover »

John Wayne is more big leggy.

You are living in Fantayze land, mate.  ;)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 22, 2015, 01:47:00 pm by Jonathan »
Disappointed for him that this move hasn't worked out, but he's moved on and we need to look elsewhere. I bear no animosity to him at all when I say we can and should do better.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 22, 2015, 01:56:48 pm by GazLaz »
I wouldn't want him back.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 22, 2015, 04:08:14 pm by PDX_Rover »
The grass isn't always greener is it?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 22, 2015, 04:38:39 pm by GazLaz »
He will end up at Bury if he is lucky or possibly Pompey or Rochdale if he isn't.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 22, 2015, 05:13:03 pm by wilts rover »
We were an average League 1 team with the midfield we had last season - why would you want to recreate it?

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2015, 09:19:23 pm by redbrez »
My young Un says ,on his twitter page on his bio? When he was looking for another club he took away the DRFC official tag away.
but guess what it's back on his bio?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 01, 2015, 03:57:27 pm by GazLaz »
He will end up at Bury if he is lucky or possibly Pompey or Rochdale if he isn't.

Playing for Bury today and looks likely to sign on a pay cut. Who knew...

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 01, 2015, 05:27:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Playing for Bury today and looks likely to sign on a pay cut. Who knew...

so where will furman be at 3 0'clock on Saturday
how much do tin hats cost nowadays 

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 01, 2015, 05:37:02 pm by DRFCSouth »
I don't think he's needed. Never set the world alight or captured the imagination of the fans. Not to mention the distraction of losing players to the African Cup of Nations.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 01, 2015, 10:26:13 pm by Askern_reds »
I don't think he's needed. Never set the world alight or captured the imagination of the fans. Not to mention the distraction of losing players to the African Cup of Nations.
ha ha chufin ha another one falls flat on his face

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 01, 2015, 11:29:17 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Got to agree losing players to the African nations games is a distraction we can do without, though it was a honour for him to be picked while playing for us, in the role he played he lots of endeavour but not much quality.
He tried his luck just like Wabara but it hasn't quite worked out, i don't blame him for trying to better himself, good luck to both they gave they're best while here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012