Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:23:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joseph Mills  (Read 2504 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Joseph Mills
« on October 23, 2010, 09:41:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What a game he had. Solid defending, quick, intelligent, good throw, good leap, good clearances.

Sign him up !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re:Joseph Mills
« Reply #1 on October 23, 2010, 09:45:20 pm by DonnyNoel »
I agree. Very solid and better going forward then Friend although neither quite measure up to Roberts defensively. If he's cheap I wouldn't mind us making a move but with 4 full backs at the club (counting JOC) then it's hard to justify squeezing the budget for 5.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 23, 2010, 09:54:56 pm by Woodhead Passer »
the run and cross for Sharp's goal was brilliant. Also good in the air despite his height. love to see more from him

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on October 24, 2010, 01:53:52 am by VikingJames »
Looks a good find. Don't think we'd get him for nowt though. He's in the 2nd year of a new three year contract at Saints, so they obviously value him quite a bit.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2010, 09:37:36 am by washyrover »
Looks good sign him on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2010, 09:48:09 am by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
Looks a good find. Don't think we'd get him for nowt though. He's in the 2nd year of a new three year contract at Saints, so they obviously value him quite a bit.

You would have thought if they value him that much he would get a game easily in the 3rd tier of English football instead of being shipped out on loan

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on October 24, 2010, 02:20:59 pm by VikingJames »
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

You would have thought if they value him that much he would get a game easily in the 3rd tier of English football instead of being shipped out on loan

One for the future for them. They rate his potential and so he is on a long contract.

You don't have to be in the team every week to be highly rated, especially at his age.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2010, 02:27:57 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

One for the future for them. They rate his potential and so he is on a long contract.

You don't have to be in the team every week to be highly rated, especially at his age.

Sorry, I don`t buy that one for the future b*llocks, if your good enough your old enough in my opinion, and he`s clearly good enough for the Championship!

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on October 24, 2010, 03:34:38 pm by VikingJames »
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

Sorry, I don`t buy that one for the future b*llocks, if your good enough your old enough in my opinion, and he`s clearly good enough for the Championship!

Come off it.

Why do teams bother buying players then? Surely they could just field their whole youth team?

I suppose when Man United signed Cristiano Ronaldo he scored 40 goals in his first season? Oh no, wait. They bought him for his future potential and he scored 40 goals 5 years later.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 24, 2010, 03:54:47 pm by scuzzer »
He was excellent last night, if there's any chance of a permanent deal i'd snap their hands off.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 24, 2010, 07:17:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
On that performance, the more I think about it, he could be an excellent investment.

With two young, quick full backs who are learning all the time about the art of defending, the future could be very bright.

What I particularly liked about Mills, was when Sheff U targetted him, he stood up and won more than his fair share of headers and they didn't seem to have a plan B.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 25, 2010, 08:57:40 am by CusworthRovers »
Good lad. I'd sign him on what I have seen. He actually could be a Robbo in the making.

As an aside, he has a very weird way of heading the ball. Leaps like a salmon, but always heads it upwards and not too far. It's like he's headed a beach ball

TinyPortal © 2005-2012