Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:58:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keith Hill - Bolton  (Read 11368 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Keith Hill - Bolton
« on October 25, 2019, 09:45:46 am by Retdon1 »
Anyone else heard his interview today where he speaks about our “game”. Says he believes Bolton shouldn’t be punished as the people responsible for calling the game off are no longer involved at the club. He says it will be very very harsh if they get punished but thinks that they will.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Keith Hill - Bolton
« Reply #1 on October 25, 2019, 10:16:44 am by Filo »
Keth Hill lost his marbles ages ago when he was Barnsley manager

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 25, 2019, 10:23:15 am by Donnywolf »
Anyone else heard his interview today where he speaks about our “game”. Says he believes Bolton shouldn’t be punished as the people responsible for calling the game off are no longer involved at the club. He says it will be very very harsh if they get punished but thinks that they will.

It should make no difference - and to me was an open and shut case. Bolton (the Club) opted to try to save further demoralising defeats by calling off a scheduled game without consent

They should have immediately been told to play or forfeit three points (whoever their opponents were i.e. I am trying to be objective). They were not

After the (non) event they should have immediately been punished by whatever sanction the EFL decided and 3 points awarded to us

Becasue neither of those happened I am sure that Hill will be wrong - and whilst they may get further Points deducted* the Game will ultimately be replayed at some stage

How ironic if they were docked 3 Points and ordered to replay the fixture !

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 25, 2019, 10:23:56 am by Superspy »
Shouldn't be punished because they aren't involved at the club? Is he completely off his tits? On that logic then if we decide we don't want to play a game we can just employ somebody at the club to call off a match and then sack them straight after.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 25, 2019, 10:31:56 am by Metalmicky »

It should make no difference - and to me was an open and shut case. Bolton (the Club) opted to try to save further demoralising defeats by calling off a scheduled game without consent

They should have immediately been told to play or forfeit three points (whoever their opponents were i.e. I am trying to be objective). They were not

After the (non) event they should have immediately been punished by whatever sanction the EFL decided and 3 points awarded to us

Becasue neither of those happened I am sure that Hill will be wrong - and whilst they may get further Points deducted* the Game will ultimately be replayed at some stage

Thing is - even if we have to play the game again - I can't see BWFC avoiding a further points deduction.  At the moment they are 19 points adrift from safety and have only 31/32 games to correct that.  If they are deducted another 3/6/9 points, they are 99% relegated - let's face it they have only won 1 game in 12 to date.  It seems to me that the EFL should award the game/points to Rovers now - give BWFC the points deduction that is coming to them and move on. 

The fact that they have dithered has made the issue worse.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 25, 2019, 10:33:04 am by ravenrover »
Just out of interest does anyone know how many, if any, of the precious youngsters who couldn't play two games in seven days are still in the team and playing regularly?

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 25, 2019, 10:49:12 am by philsky »
Yes, I’ve had a listen.

Absolutely no good grace at all. Bolton unilaterally call of the match so must face the consequences.

The rules are clear and I just don’t understand the delay.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 25, 2019, 10:51:48 am by since-1969 »
He could by that train of thought say that they shouldn’t have any points deduction as those who brought it about are no longer involved .😂

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 25, 2019, 11:01:15 am by roversdude »
The game was called off only to make Bolton a more viable asset, coupled with the fact they wouldn’t have had to pay any appearance fees. It had nothing whatsoever to do with player welfare. The same youngsters (who have no blame attached to them btw) managed to play Saturday and Tuesday as the takeover happened.
Bolton should have been punished immediately and points forfeited, the EFL need to look at themselves and get it sorted, it didn’t need an independent review it was blatant disregard and disrespect of the rules and Rovers......rant over

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 25, 2019, 11:18:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
So it looks likely that they will be docked three points for failing to turn up, but with a chance of getting the deducted points back by winning the rearranged game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 25, 2019, 11:19:52 am by Donnywolf »
Shouldn't be punished because they aren't involved at the club? Is he completely off his tits? On that logic then if we decide we don't want to play a game we can just employ somebody at the club to call off a match and then sack them straight after.

As a caring (and award winning) family Club - with high moral standards- that would not happen here

We would have to wait till someone was voluntarily leaving and THEN get them to call off the game. Fine way to do it morally - and no law suits afterwards

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 25, 2019, 11:25:53 am by Campsall rover »

Thing is - even if we have to play the game again - I can't see BWFC avoiding a further points deduction.  At the moment they are 19 points adrift from safety and have only 31/32 games to correct that.  If they are deducted another 3/6/9 points, they are 99% relegated - let's face it they have only won 1 game in 12 to date.  It seems to me that the EFL should award the game/points to Rovers now - give BWFC the points deduction that is coming to them and move on. 

The fact that they have dithered has made the issue worse.
We all know what the EFL should do, but what they will do, well that’s as clear as Brexit is.  :facepalm:

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 25, 2019, 11:51:15 am by DN8ROVER »
If the game is to be played then Bolton should not be able to use any players that have been signed after the date of the original game.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 25, 2019, 12:28:23 pm by ian1980 »
Bolton Wanderers FC broke the rules = Bolton Wanderers FC get punished.

Whoever was running the club at the time is totally irrelevant.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 25, 2019, 12:36:28 pm by dijit8 »
Do they still have a punishment pending for failing to play their last two games of last season?

They EFL made a big mistake in letting them start the season they should have had the same treatment as Bury and only started once the takeover was complete.

You can argue any team that played them in the first few games had an advantage over teams that may only be playing them now. The EFL have handled the whole situation poorly.

It doesn't matter who was in charge when Bolton called the game off without permission, clubs cannot be allowed to do this, if Bolton aren't punished it sets a dangerous precident.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 25, 2019, 01:00:49 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
there is a legal term called "restitution" out there ----  financially  it is about putting the claimant in the same financial situation just before the "event " (affecting him) happened

adapting the above and using the term restitution

in this case Bolton players signed after the date of the cancelled match should not be allowed to play for the restitution to take place. Lawyers should know this word.

that is if Rovers not being given  a 3-0 win & 3 points then we want restitution as a second option.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 25, 2019, 01:19:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
The man’s an idiot! What a stupid argument.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 25, 2019, 01:22:23 pm by bpoolrover »
To be fair he can’t really say anything other than he has he is not going to come out and say give them the point

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 25, 2019, 01:22:53 pm by glosterred »
There is a key word in KH statement, when he says the those responsible for the cancellation are no longer at the club, he provisos that statement with “probably”, which means they may well still be there. Covering his basis with that statement.

COYR

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 25, 2019, 01:25:53 pm by RoversAlias »
His argument has no basis in logic. Acting like the current Bolton is a different club when of course it isn't, if it were they wouldn't still be in League One at the moment.

I maintain that the most likely outcome of this whole thing is that the game is replayed and Bolton are deducted 6 points (for this and the Brentford game being cancelled). I'm fine with that if the rearranged fixture takes place before January but the longer they drag this on the more unlikely that seems, which isn't fair on us having to play them twice after they've had a transfer window to fix their squad.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 25, 2019, 01:34:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
His argument has no basis in logic. Acting like the current Bolton is a different club when of course it isn't, if it were they wouldn't still be in League One at the moment.

I maintain that the most likely outcome of this whole thing is that the game is replayed and Bolton are deducted 6 points (for this and the Brentford game being cancelled). I'm fine with that if the rearranged fixture takes place before January but the longer they drag this on the more unlikely that seems, which isn't fair on us having to play them twice after they've had a transfer window to fix their squad.

You're right and they will be punished. A different question is whether the EFL believe whether a well run club who abides by the rules should be compensated for Bolton failing to fulfil the fixture and their behaviour in inconveniencing our club, our fans and the EFL themselves.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 25, 2019, 01:45:30 pm by deebee »
I don't get why they keep insisting the game was postponed. It wasn't they unilaterally canceled it. This has gone on for far too long, it should have been dealt with at the time. Just give us the points and at least 3 goals, deduct them a further 3 points and move on. Simples.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 25, 2019, 01:51:53 pm by Campsall rover »
I don't get why they keep insisting the game was postponed. It wasn't they unilaterally canceled it. This has gone on for far too long, it should have been dealt with at the time. Just give us the points and at least 3 goals, deduct them a further 3 points and move on. Simples.
Wish it was that simple in EFL’s eyes. Obviously it isn’t. Think they think if they ignore it then their problem will go away. All they are doing is creating a bigger problem by not dealing with it.
Shambles total shambles.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 25, 2019, 02:00:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It makes me wonder if they're waiting till towards the end of the season to make their decision, with the hope we'll be in a mid-table position and therefore meaning any points deduction/allowance will be more trivial in the scheme of things.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 25, 2019, 02:16:55 pm by Campsall rover »
It makes me wonder if they're waiting till towards the end of the season to make their decision, with the hope we'll be in a mid-table position and therefore meaning any points deduction/allowance will be more trivial in the scheme of things.
If that’s the case then it’s a misjudgement by the EFL. Making those sort of assumptions is a really professional way to run the league.
Again Shambles.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 25, 2019, 02:25:48 pm by godlike1 »
He's towing the club line and i'm guessing this is what is being put to the EFL by those now at the club.

If the EFL had been decisive and delt with this as it should have been done there and then e.g. 3 points and 5-0 win to rovers then that would prevent this debate continuing.

The EFL are not fit for purpose, its as simple as that

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 25, 2019, 02:55:45 pm by IDM »
I don’t care if Bolton get punished or not, as long as we get three points for the game being forfeit..

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Keith Hill - Bolton
« Reply #28 on October 25, 2019, 03:40:45 pm by Reesielad »
If we were going to be awarded the points then we would *have already imo.

*changed “of” to “have” thanks to the English lesson from Filo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:48:05 pm by Reesielad »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 25, 2019, 03:41:53 pm by Filo »
If we were going to be awarded the points then we would of already imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have*

TinyPortal © 2005-2012