Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:02:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keith Hill - Bolton  (Read 11367 times)

karlos

• Forum Member
Re: Keith Hill - Bolton
« Reply #30 on October 25, 2019, 03:56:53 pm by karlos »
Does anybody else think the decision may only be given once neither team has anything to gain or loose. This way it could be a win win situation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 25, 2019, 03:59:04 pm by RoversAlias »
That would likely not be until the final week or two of the season, there is no way they can leave it that long. You would think.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 25, 2019, 03:59:36 pm by Reesielad »
Does anybody else think the decision may only be given once neither team has anything to gain or loose. This way it could be a win win situation.

I really don’t know what’s taking so long to sort out, they have broke rules and it should be an easy decision for the EFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 25, 2019, 04:06:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's probably a case of all football league clubs are equal, but some are more equal than others.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 25, 2019, 04:47:03 pm by i_ateallthepies »
They may be waiting until Bolton's fate this season is clearer.  If they get relegated with the existing points penalties then another points deduction on top would have no effect.  EFL may want to levy the penalty on them next season.
It's totally unacceptable them not making a ruling on the cancelled game though.  It needs playing before the end of the year to prevent advantage to Bolton.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 25, 2019, 04:51:20 pm by drfchound »
With the Tranmere game now being under threat due to the weather it is becoming more important than ever to either give us the points OR rearrange the Bolton game to be played ASAP before Christmas while there are still some Tuesdays available.
There is a potential fixture pile up for us looming through no fault of our own.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 25, 2019, 04:53:35 pm by the vicar »
Anyone else heard his interview today where he speaks about our “game”. Says he believes Bolton shouldn’t be punished as the people responsible for calling the game off are no longer involved at the club. He says it will be very very harsh if they get punished but thinks that they will.

It should make no difference - and to me was an open and shut case. Bolton (the Club) opted to try to save further demoralising defeats by calling off a scheduled game without consent

They should have immediately been told to play or forfeit three points (whoever their opponents were i.e. I am trying to be objective). They were not

After the (non) event they should have immediately been punished by whatever sanction the EFL decided and 3 points awarded to us

Becasue neither of those happened I am sure that Hill will be wrong - and whilst they may get further Points deducted* the Game will ultimately be replayed at some stage

How ironic if they were docked 3 Points and ordered to replay the fixture !
but it wasn't the coaching team that wanted it off, well it was but it was there medical team as well

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 25, 2019, 05:23:48 pm by glosterred »
If we were going to be awarded the points then we would of already imo.

Have*

Grammar police! Are you YAURS in disguise?

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 25, 2019, 05:29:27 pm by drfchound »
If we were going to be awarded the points then we would of already imo.

Have*

Grammar police! Are you YAURS in disguise?

COYR

I really don’t know what’s taking so long to sort out, they have broke rules and it should be an easy decision for the EFL.

Mmmmmm, better not mention “have broke rules then”.   :chair: :chair: :chair:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 25, 2019, 06:25:29 pm by selby »
  Other outside influences ( namely other clubs in our division) know there is no written down procedure for the situation, and have made their feelings known that they object to us being awarded the points. Lincoln City, in the guise of the lad that used to work for us, made their stance known very quickly after the game was cancelled.
  As the league positions stand, at least half the sides in the division have a vested interest in us not being awarded the points from the game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 25, 2019, 06:36:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Other clubs have no right to claim anything as they were not scheduled to play Bolton that night and were not directly affected.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 25, 2019, 06:47:23 pm by IDM »
Other clubs have no right to claim anything as they were not scheduled to play Bolton that night and were not directly affected.

Exactly.. if all that happens is a points deduction penalty for Bolton then the net effect to all other clubs is the same, yet it was DRFC who were wronged.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 25, 2019, 06:48:24 pm by the vicar »
If it happened to them they would be shouting from the highest tree to get the points, but Bolton WILL be protected

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 25, 2019, 09:29:10 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Does anyone know if the EFL have a facility for the public to ask about scenarios such as this- I doubt it. I am thinking on the lines of a sort of freedom of information thing?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 25, 2019, 10:11:57 pm by since-1969 »
Does anyone know if the EFL have a facility for the public to ask about scenarios such as this- I doubt it. I am thinking on the lines of a sort of freedom of information thing?
Politics .. Bolton threatening perhaps to take the EFL to court over player health and safety as this was the reason given by Bolton. Any punishment given out that compromises any chance of them staying in L1 ie a 12 points deduction will be deemed as unwarranted and could well be overturned under appeal . A compromise will be needed to appease Bolton’s chance of appealing any undue punishment that could result in their relegation to L2  and Rovers will be given score draw and one point each . IMO

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 25, 2019, 10:14:23 pm by IDM »
It’s all conjecture but a score draw is highly unlikely to be awarded..

The only result that can be awarded is a win for us, otherwise we may as well play the game.!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 25, 2019, 10:16:16 pm by drfchound »
If Bolton get a really good Barrister they might get the points deduction overturned and get twelve points added to compensate them for the stress that the situation has caused them.
(TICE).

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 25, 2019, 10:31:08 pm by Michael Shaw »
Any problems Bolton have had are of their own making. No-one else is to blame. They should be glad they are still in League One. What a bunch of whingers.
If Doncaster are awarded 3 points and even given 5 goals against them they still are lucky and got a lot to be grateful for. They want it all.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 25, 2019, 10:40:29 pm by Michael Shaw »
Politics .. Bolton threatening perhaps to take the EFL to court over player health and safety as this was the reason given by Bolton. Any punishment given out that compromises any chance of them staying in L1 ie a 12 points deduction will be deemed as unwarranted and could well be overturned under appeal . A compromise will be needed to appease Bolton’s chance of appealing any undue punishment that could result in their relegation to L2  and Rovers will be given score draw and one point each . IMO

And only a score draw would disadvantage Rovers when other clubs had 3 points and a 5 goal advantage. Any adjudication needs to go against Bolton as they created the problem.   

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 25, 2019, 10:50:07 pm by Big MAC »
 Get Boris to run the EFL, if brexit bill only needs 3 days to sort out, then ithis should be sorted in 30 seconds!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 25, 2019, 11:10:00 pm by Jimmydee »
Right then, Lincoln Vs Bolton might be called off tomorrow, as Well as Tranmere Vs Doncaster Rovers. So, The Bolton coach can stop off at the Keepmoat and we can play “that game” and we will probably still put the sprinklers on at half time.
(I know that we were supposed to be at Bolton but I’m sure that the EFL can be flexible). Simples.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 26, 2019, 11:32:34 am by German Rover »
Lincolns off, bolton fans on twitter giving  it the usual tin pot b*llocks. Surely the tin pot club is the one who doesn't pay their players wages amd has a 12 points (so far) deduction, rather than playing in a town where its rained for two days straight?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 26, 2019, 11:53:32 am by vaya »
Lincolns off, bolton fans on twitter giving  it the usual tin pot b*llocks. Surely the tin pot club is the one who doesn't pay their players wages amd has a 12 points (so far) deduction, rather than playing in a town where its rained for two days straight?

That and the fact they're complaining because another team's done them out of playing a game.

Bolton seemingly an irony-free zone.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 12:02:35 pm by vaya »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 26, 2019, 01:02:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Just out of interest does anyone know how many, if any, of the precious youngsters who couldn't play two games in seven days are still in the team and playing regularly?

Lineups before and after our unplayed game, and the last two lineups. Numbers are their ages at the time.

v Tranmere 17 Aug
25 Matthews
20 Brockbank
27 Lowe
21 Zouma
17 White
Substituted for 18 Boon at 68'minutes
17 King-Harmes
Substituted for 17 Brown-Sterling at 75'minutes
17 Graham
29 Murphy
24 Weir
18 Brown
Substituted for 16 Riley at 88' minutes
18 Darcy

v Ipswich 24 Aug
25 Matthews
20 Brockbank
27 Lowe
21 Zouma
17 White
17 Graham
Substituted for 16 Hurford-Lockett at 45'minutes
29 Murphy
17 King-Harmes
24 Weir
18 Darcy
17 Brown-Sterling
Substituted for 18 Brown at 85'

v Rochdale 19 Oct
25 Matthews
22 Emmanuel
17 Senior
21 Zouma
28 Chicksen
28 Lowe
19 Politic
Substituted for 24 Dodoo at 45'minutes
28 Crawford
Substituted for 33 O'Gradyat 80'minutes
17 Graham
Substituted for 29 Murphy at 69'minutes
20 Verlinden
36 Murphy

v Bristol Rovers 22 Oct
25 Matthews
22 Emmanuel
21 Zouma
19 Earl
28 Chicksen
29 Murphy
28 Lowe
24 Dodoo
28 Crawford
33 O'Grady
36 Murphy

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 26, 2019, 01:19:45 pm by graingrover »
I imagine we just cannot find a suitable date ...and why should we !

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 26, 2019, 01:30:00 pm by Reesielad »
I hope we absolutely do a Southend on them if we’re forced to play them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 26, 2019, 02:03:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Be assured, GB has got all the evidence and facts to support our case, including the ages of players and previous precedents. Whether the EFL will also take into account the permission they gave Bolton to sign players on short term contracts I don't know but they should do. The point being the playing of youth players was avoidable anyway!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 26, 2019, 02:52:25 pm by Prez »
Hill is a Kitson. I recall when there were strong rumours linking SOD with the Sheff U job and Hill was Barnsley manager at the time. He has his say on the matter more or less saying he should go when clearly it was none of his business.

Tosser

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 26, 2019, 04:48:03 pm by Jimmydee »

Right then, Lincoln Vs Bolton might be called off tomorrow, as Well as Tranmere Vs Doncaster Rovers. So, The Bolton coach can stop off at the Keepmoat and we can play “that game” and we will probably still put the sprinklers on at half time.
(I know that we were supposed to be at Bolton but I’m sure that the EFL can be flexible). Simples.

That’s what I wrote last night and I was right, apparently the Bolton fans were furious so maybe stopping off at the Keepmoat was a good idea.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 27, 2019, 10:38:53 am by ravenrover »
Just out of interest does anyone know how many, if any, of the precious youngsters who couldn't play two games in seven days are still in the team and playing regularly?

Lineups before and after our unplayed game, and the last two lineups. Numbers are their ages at the time.

v Tranmere 17 Aug
25 Matthews
20 Brockbank
27 Lowe
21 Zouma
17 White
17 King-Harmes
Substituted for 17 Brown-Sterling at 75'minutes
17 Graham
29 Murphy
24 Weir