Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:49:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers & Shrewsbury in the EFL dock  (Read 1223 times)

essexrover

• Forum Member
Rovers & Shrewsbury in the EFL dock
« on February 27, 2020, 07:16:33 pm by essexrover »
Anyone know what this refers to ? Was there a "last minute melee" ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/5164335

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers & Shrewsbury in the EFL dock
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2020, 07:17:54 pm by drfchound »
Yes, a free for all by the players at the end of the game last week.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2020, 07:22:31 pm by essexrover »
Thanks hound. I was just surprised because thats the first I'd heard of it & I  didn't see any reference to it in any match reports.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2020, 08:51:18 pm by PDX_Rover »
We won a throw in. Madger went to pick the ball up and thair player, Lang, was a prick about it and kicked the ball out of Madger's grasp as he bent to pick it up. Madger got the ball and said something and their lad pushed Madger. And then everybody piled in. It was entirely Lang's doing and both players got booked.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2020, 10:07:27 pm by bradford exile »

They'll send it to a tribunal and then they will fine both clubs

And probably have to play the game again

They wont dare do it themselves

The EFL not fit for purpose......EVER

Rant over

Regards

Ray

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2020, 10:32:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just had a butchers at it again.

Booking Gomes was ridiculous, but to be fair, the ref was shite from start to finish. He walked away from an awful challenge on Whiteman early doors and that set the standard.

In that incident, it started when Gomes let the ball slip out of his hands as he was preparing to take a throw. Lang,acting like the sort of prick that most of the Shrewsbury players seemed to be, jumped in and booted the ball away as Gomes stopped to pick it up. All that Gomes did was to frustratedly and very gently push Lang in the chest. Lang responded by four times advancing on Gomes and shoving him. Gomes stood with his hands down after the first coming together. Gomes getting booked for that is an indication that the ref had sod all idea what had happened. If any Rovers player should have been booked, it was Ramsey who barged Lang out the way after he'd twice advanced on Gomes and shoved him. And if the clubs get disciplined for that, it's just very silly.

In any case, had the ref clamped down on the timewasting in the last 20 minutes (several times Shrewsbury players booted the ball away as Rovers players were about to get it for a restart) the tempers would have been lower and that set of handbags would never have happened.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2020, 10:46:01 pm by idler »
My mate was at the Newport v Bradford City game on Saturday. It took the ref 80 minutes to book the Newport keeper for time wasting and then late on a Newport ball boy pretended to fumble the ball over the wall. He then made a meal of going onto e empty terracing to retrieve it.
Football now is crap regarding sportsmanship and fair play.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2020, 10:47:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Shrewsbury kicked the ball away several times during the game, which, if I'm not mistaken is a bookable offence. Anyone who doesn't adhere to the rules is a cheat, and I include the referee in that.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 28, 2020, 08:21:34 pm by Campsall rover »
The ref was Woolmer been a football league ref since 2005
Clueless as so many seem to be.
We had him at Sunderland away last season and didn’t want to give or pretended not to see the blatant penalty Andy Butler should have been awarded.

One of those refs who consistently favours the home team.
Allowed Shrewsbury to get away with persistent time wasting.

This is now becoming a constant theme at our games and for the sake of fair play and entertainment this needs to be clamped down on by refs.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 28, 2020, 08:31:43 pm by drfchound »
I bet he still got a seven or eight out of ten from the assessor.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2020, 08:58:25 pm by BigH »
Lang was a bit of a tw*t throughout and IMHO was lucky to finish the game on the pitch.

There was a particular incident in the first half where he slid in with Whiteman and stayed down for a good five minutes looking for Whiteman to get booked or worse. As soon as it was apparent that the ref was having none of it he was up and on his feet. How a pro footballer can behave like that is beyond me.

To the ref's credit he bought none of Lang's antics. Personally, I thought the ref did ok.

Got my eye on Lang though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012